Help Others Pursue Physical Wellness with Liberty University’s Nutrition Degree
Liberty University’s Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness – Nutrition and Wellness can prepare you to help individuals in the private and commercial sectors understand healthy eating habits and maintain overall quality physical health. Our master’s of exercise science and wellness program is a great fit for current or rising health professionals with a passion for helping people live healthier and happier lives.
Is it worth it to get a master’s in exercise science?
Earning a master’s in exercise science and nutrition is a commitment. You probably want to make sure it will be worth your time and effort before starting a program. We believe it is!
A master’s degree can boost your earning potential. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals with a master’s degree earn an average median salary that is 18% higher than professionals with only a bachelor’s degree!*
You can get specialized training beyond a bachelor’s. Liberty University’s exercise science master’s program covers advanced topics in nutrition and wellness. You’ll study public health and physical activity, nutrition and chronic disease, and how to promote physical activity within communities.
A master’s in exercise science and nutrition online can help you step into leadership roles. Some positions require a master’s degree. With others, you may have the edge over the competition with a master’s degree.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Fitness and Nutrition?
We believe Liberty University is one of the best colleges for nutrition and exercise science. Here are some reasons why:
- Our program can increase your knowledge and understanding in the critical areas of nutrition and wellness.
- Liberty’s mission is Training Champions for Christ. We want to equip health professionals who can teach others how to take care of their bodies, live healthier lives, and fulfill their life’s calling.
- This exercise science degree is offered 100% online — so you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility.
- Unlike many online schools, Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
How much can you make with a master’s in exercise science?
With just a bachelor’s degree in the field, the typical exercise physiologist makes $50,280 per year.** However, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an approximate 18% increase in salary when professionals earn a master’s versus just a bachelor’s degree.* Earning an online master’s in exercise science and nutrition can only help with your professional goals!
What Will You Learn in Our Exercise Science, Health, and Wellness Degree Online?
Students in our Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness – Nutrition and Wellness degree online offers a core curriculum that includes exercise physiology, fitness assessment, and key principles of nutrition. The nutrition and wellness concentration features pivotal information for a health professional — with courses focused on diabetes, obesity, and chronic disease.
Information for Liberty University’s Online Nutrition and Exercise Science Degree
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Master of Science in Nutrition and Exercise Science
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in Fitness and Nutrition Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with an official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Health and Wellness Degree Program Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in exercise science and wellness – nutrition and wellness degree online has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness – Nutrition and Wellness degree in 1 year.
Potential Careers for Master’s in Fitness and Health Graduates
- College instructor
- Health and fitness coordinator
- Medical fitness specialist
- Nutrition and exercise specialist
- Wellness coach
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online July 14, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Exercise Physiologists (viewed online July 14, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.