Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Health Sciences to Pursue an Undergraduate Certificate?
With the aging population in the United States growing, as well as other needs within the healthcare field, healthcare occupations are expected to grow by 14% over the next 10 years.* By pursuing an Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences or Medical Office Assistant Certificate, you can gain the foundational training you need to start a long and fruitful career in healthcare. Depending on your professional goals, either one of these 100% online certificates can be a great start to a rewarding career.
The Health Sciences Certificate provides training in how the human body and its systems work, as well as additional health concepts and disease research you’ll need to know as a health professional. Throughout this certificate program, you can learn from professors who are professionals in the health sciences field and who teach from a Christian perspective.
The Medical Office Assistant Certificate provides training in the business and administrative aspects of the systems and procedures you will handle on a day-to-day basis in a medical office. Plus, you will need to learn medical terminology and anatomical terms to understand the medical, procedural, and diagnostic coding used in insurance claim processing.
Begin Your Journey to a Rewarding Career in Healthcare
Currently, our School of Health Sciences offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences and Medical Office Assistant Certificate. Throughout these certificate programs, you may study the following subjects:
Introduction to Health Professions – Provides an introduction to health professions and some of the requirements for educational, job, and market demands in selected health careers.
Applied Human Anatomy and Physiology I – Provides training in the structure, function, and pathology of various body systems and their roles and relevance in health and illness.
Drugs in Society – Examines the effects of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs on the individual, family, and community.
Human Nutrition – Covers the chemical structure and biochemical interrelationships of nutrients in regards to life cycle, current issues, and diet selection.
Health Promotion for Aging Populations – Studies the process of aging and the 5 dimensions of health as they relate to aging. You will focus on health promotion and disease prevention for all ages to promote living a full life in the later years.
Medical Office Billing and Bookkeeping – Studies best practices of patient billing and bookkeeping for a medical office.
Medical Office Ethics and Law – Examines the ethical and legal aspects of medicine with a focus on confidentiality, HIPAA, risk management, licensing, contracts, and professional liability.
Apply today and start on the path to a rewarding career! If you have any questions, our admission counselors are standing by to speak with you! Just call (800) 424-9595.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Undergraduate Certificate from Liberty?
Our online certificate programs offer students great benefits, including:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our certificates are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Healthcare occupations, 2019 (viewed online December 11, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.