Learn to Practice Safety Measures and Minimize Danger with Liberty’s Master’s in Public Safety Degree – Fire Administration
Do you live to serve others? Maybe you’ve dedicated years of service to the safety of others, and you’d like to earn a respected graduate credential that can help you boost your earning potential, compete for promotions, and command more respect among employers and colleagues. If so, Liberty’s 100% online Master of Science (MS) in Public Safety – Fire Administration may be a great fit for you.
Our safety management degree in fire administration is also an excellent option if you’ve previously worked in fire prevention or firefighting – especially in a managerial capacity. The master’s in public safety and fire science degree is designed to complement your previous experience, build on the knowledge you’ve gained professionally, and further equip you to lead and inspire your team.
By partnering with us, you can earn a career-enhancing credential and prepare to pursue positions of added responsibility. Don’t put your dream job on hold any longer – choose Liberty’s master of safety and fire administration and confidently pursue top-level positions in public safety.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master in Public Safety Degree – Fire Administration?
At Liberty, we strive to offer rigorous degree programs that are flexible, affordable, and high quality. Our public safety and fire science degree is offered 100% online in 8-week courses with no set login times. That way, you can pursue your academic goals while remaining committed to the things that matter most – like your job, family, and community.
In addition, each course in our master of safety degree is taught by industry experts who have terminal degrees. Our instructors are dedicated scholars with years of experience in public safety and fire administration, and they have a passion for helping you succeed. They are available to answer questions, clarify course content, and offer encouragement as you pursue your degree.
Research shows that employees who hold master’s degrees tend to earn higher salaries than those who don’t. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers who held a master’s degree in 2020 enjoyed a median weekly earning about 18% higher than colleagues who only had a bachelor’s degree.* Earning your master’s in public safety with Liberty isn’t just a great way to stand out among your peers – it’s also a great way to pursue a higher salary.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online Oct. 27, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Safety Degree Online – Fire Administration?
Our Master of Science in Public Safety – Fire Administration consists of 2 sections: core public safety courses and fire administration courses.
In the core courses, you will study crisis and first responder training. You will also explore disaster management, the fundamentals of public safety leadership, and methods for managing public sector organizations. In addition, you can develop a working knowledge of legal and contemporary political issues that affect people who work in public safety, public service, and politics.
The fire administration specialization focuses on specific administrative issues that executive fire officers face. You will study leadership skills for the executive firefighter, human resources and budget management, community risk mitigation, and the legal implications surrounding fire and emergency services. In addition, you’ll be able to learn or review the fundamentals of hazard mitigation.
Fire Administration Degree Featured Courses
- FIRE 610 – Leadership for the Executive Fire Officer
- FIRE 620 – Human Resources and Budget Management for the Executive Fire Officer
- FIRE 630 – Community Risk Mitigation for the Executive Fire Officer
- FIRE 640 – Legal Considerations in Fire and Emergency Services for the Executive Fire Officer
Highlights of Our Master’s in Safety – Fire Administration Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this fire administration degree in as little as 1 year!
Public Safety and Fire Science Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Master of Safety Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Fire Administration Degree Graduates
- Chief security officer
- Fire captain or lieutenant
- Law enforcement official
- Public information officer
- Public safety training officer
Admission Requirements for Our Fire Administration Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.