Expand Your Global Influence with a Public Policy Degree in Middle Eastern Studies!
Have you ever wanted to pursue a career in Middle East Affairs, work with the U.S. government or are you looking to expand your current knowledge in international affairs? Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy (M.A.P.P.) in Middle East Affairs will set you on a career path that will prepare you for placement at all levels of government. Whether you are interested in working for a domestic or an international organization, our Master’s in Middle Eastern Studies will set you up for success! With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will also have the opportunity to study the constantly changing political and social culture of the Middle East.
At Liberty University, we have created our Public Policy Degree with your success in mind. The Masters in Public Policy with an area of study in Middle Eastern Studies was created as a joint effort by the Liberty University School of Law and Liberty University’s Helms School of Government to give students a unique experience to effectively shape policy in governmental, legislative, and political areas. Our M.A.P.P. is designed to be completed in less than two years and is offered completely online, so you can continue to work while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Policy Degree?
Are you looking for a career that will help you impact the world? Liberty University’s Masters in Middle Eastern Studies has been designed to help integrate your faith into your professional life. At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to ultimately use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. Whether you want to serve at the local, national, or international level, the Middle East concentration was created to train Christ-centered scholars and policymakers to be leaders in today’s world.
What Will you Learn in the Online MA in Public Policy – Middle East Affairs?
As a student studying in the MA in Public Policy – Middle East Affairs degree program, you will dive deep into the political and ideological landscape of the Middle East as well as explore its impact on global and American policy. Courses will teach you to analyze the legal, political, legislative, and judicial systems that exist in the Middle East as you are introduced to their laws and policies. Through collaboration and discussion with professors and peers, you will expand your knowledge as you learn new materials and begin to understand Public Policy matters in the Middle East.
As a Christian University, we strive to provide you with a solid biblical foundation through every one of your courses. Each of your courses is taught from a biblical worldview, allowing you to investigate the Christian approach to situations you may face in the world of Public Policy in the Middle East.
Highlights of Our Online Master of Public Policy
- By earning your Master of Public Policy from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MA in Public Policy – Middle East Affairs Online degree is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- 100% online
- Up to 50% of the program hours may be transferred in from previous coursework
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a Thesis, or you may take additional elective courses.
- View all of the Graduate Course Syllabi. (login required)
Military Benefits for the Master of Arts in Public Policy – Middle East Affairs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
What Career Can You Pursue with an M.A.P.P. in Middle Eastern Studies?
The Masters in Public Policy in Middle East Affairs will equip you to learn the necessary skills to build a career founded on international interests and Middle Eastern culture. Potential career options include:
- Government Advisor
- International Administrator
- International Policy Specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Online MA in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.