Be a Positive Influence in Our Election Process by Earning a Master’s in Public Policy in Campaigns and Elections
Do you want to get involved with campaigns and elections? A master’s degree could help you get there! Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy (M.A.P.P.) in Campaigns and Elections will set you on a career path that will prepare you for an exciting career in fundraising, data analysis, and political marketing.
Whether you are interested in becoming a campaign manager, public relations specialist, or earning more in the position you are in, our master’s degree in campaign and elections management will set you up for success. With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will have the opportunity to strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of electoral processes and campaign strategies.
Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional. The online Master of Arts in Public Policy degree was created as a joint effort by Liberty’s School of Law and Helms School of Government to give students a unique experience focused on shaping policy in governmental, legislative, and political areas. Designed to be completed in less than 2 years, our program will allow you to continue to work while pursuing your graduate degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Public Policy Degree in Campaign and Elections?
Are you looking for an exciting career that will help you influence the world? Liberty University’s online program in campaign and election management has been designed to help integrate your faith into your professional life. At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and use the power of biblically-based education to transform people and the world. The Master of Arts in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections was created to train Christ-centered scholars and policymakers to be the leaders of tomorrow. Throughout our campaigns and elections degree, you will study ethical management practices as well as current trends in campaign management and public relations.
What Will You Learn in the Online M.A. in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections?
The Master of Arts in Public Policy degree is designed to provide education in both law and government relating to public policy. This dual focus allows for an optimal educational experience as you study subjects related to your field. You will be learning from professors with experience as statesmen, leaders, and policymakers — professors who use their expertise to teach with authority. Our faculty can help guide you towards a more successful career as well as provide you with a Christ-centered approach to public policy.
- PPOG 635 – Speech Writing for Candidates and Officeholders
- PPOL 630 – Campaign Tactics, Strategies, and Management
- PPOL 631 – Message, Media, and Political Communications
- PPOG 504 – Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance
Highlights of Our Online Campaigns and Elections Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online M.A.P.P. in Campaigns and Elections degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Our program is ranked the #1 “Most Affordable Online Master’s Degree in Public Policy” by AffordableColleges.com for 2019.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You will have the opportunity to network with leaders and policymakers from across the country.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View all of the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Degree in Campaigns and Elections?
The Master of Arts in Public Policy in Campaigns and Elections can equip you with the necessary skills to build a career that focuses on applying ethics to management practices in public policy. Potential career options include:
- Campaign manager
- Data analyst
- Public relations practitioner
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.