Be a Positive Influence in Our Election Process by Earning a Master’s in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections
Are you passionate about campaigns, political management, and elections? A master’s degree can help you achieve your goals! Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy (MAPP) – Campaigns and Elections can help set you on a career path in fundraising, data analysis, or political marketing.
Whether you are interested in increasing your earning potential, or becoming a campaign manager or public relations specialist, our master’s degree in campaigns and elections management can help you stand head and shoulders above the competition.
With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you can strengthen your critical thinking skills and enrich your comprehension of electoral processes and campaign strategies. Our goal is to support you as both a student and a professional. The online Master of Arts in Public Policy degree was created as a joint effort between Liberty’s School of Law and Helms School of Government to give you a unique experience focused on shaping policy in governmental, legislative, and political areas. Our program can be completed in less than 2 years, so that you can work full time while pursuing your graduate degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Public Policy Degree in Campaigns and Elections?
Liberty University’s online program in campaign and election management is designed to help integrate biblical principles into your professional life. Whether you are launching your career or pursuing positions of added responsibility, earning a degree in public policy from Liberty can help set you apart from the competition. Your professors are not only dedicated to your success, but they wield advanced degrees and years of experience in politics and related fields. In addition, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
We believe that quality education should be accessible anytime, anywhere. That is why our Master of Arts in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections is offered 100% online with no set login times. At Liberty, you can remain invested in your family, job, and community while studying. With classes that are 100% online, you can network and connect with your classmates and public policy professionals across the globe. Opportunities like these can lead to exciting opportunities.
What Will You Learn in the Online MA in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections?
The Master of Arts in Public Policy degree is designed to provide education in both law and government relating to public policy. This interdisciplinary approach creates a unique, rich course of study for you as you pursue your public policy degree. In addition to taking campaign management courses, you will learn from professors with experience as statesmen, leaders, and policymakers – who use their expertise to teach with authority.
Your professors know what it means to serve those around them because many of them have served in some capacity – whether within their local state offices or at the national level, our faculty have valuable real-life experience that they bring to the classroom. They can help guide you towards a more successful career while providing you with a Christ-centered approach to public policy. Whether you want to work on federal or local campaigns or serve in your state congressperson’s office, Liberty’s MA in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections can be a valuable asset to you and your country.
- PPOG 504 – Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance
- PPOG 635 – Speech Writing for Candidates and Officeholders
- PPOL 630 – Campaign Tactics, Strategies, and Management
- PPOL 631 – Message, Media, and Political Communications
Highlights of Our Online Campaigns and Elections Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MAPP in Campaigns and Elections degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can have the opportunity to network with leaders and policymakers from across the country.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- Choose between additional elective courses or a thesis.
Military Benefits for the Online MA in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Degree in Campaigns and Elections?
The Master of Arts in Public Policy – Campaigns and Elections can help equip you with the necessary skills to build a career that focuses on applying ethics to management practices in public policy. Potential career options include:
- Campaign staff
- Election administrator
- Election and campaign manager
- Electoral policy administrator
- Political campaign manager
- Political consultant
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.