Prepare to Lead Others Through Crises with Liberty’s Online Master’s Degree in Fire Administration
In an emergency, leaders need to know how decisions in strategic meetings affect workers in the field. Fire administration leadership requires these skills in order to help firefighters save lives and help operations continue smoothly. If you want to enhance your career and pursue positions of greater responsibility in your fire emergency services organization, then Liberty’s Master of Public Administration – Fire Administration can give you the skills you need.
In the field of fire administration, there is a growing need for leaders to hold advanced degrees because the requirements of the field continue to become more complex. Fire administration executives need to have technical experience in fire department management and higher-order strategic and administrative skills such as handling budgets, equipment, and personal issues. Liberty’s MPA in Fire Administration is designed to give prospective executive fire officers the tools to be ethical leaders in fire and emergency services, good stewards of public resources, and effective providers of fire and emergency medical services.
Through Liberty’s online master’s in fire administration, you will also gain expertise in the fundamentals of government leadership. Our professors will engage you with useful topics like community economic development and the art of public policy analysis. Subjects like these will enable you to develop your own approach to local community needs and navigate important political discussions while helping your organization adjust to new policies. These skills can help you be an effective and ethical fire administration executive.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MPA in Fire Administration Degree?
Liberty University’s online MPA in Fire Administration degree is designed to assist professional firefighters in advancement to managerial roles in their current work setting. Our online master’s degree in fire administration will prepare graduates for leadership and administration roles in emergency service organizations by building on their skills and professional training. This program will develop fire administration leaders who understand and accept responsibility for public safety and protection.
Many executive roles in public service require a master’s degree to demonstrate expertise and training. Liberty’s online Master of Public Administration degree can help you get the training you need in a flexible online format that can fit your schedule and life.
Job Growth and Earning Potential
With this degree, you can build toward a rewarding career in an expanding field. The expected job growth for administrative services managers is 9% from 2020 to 2030, which is as fast as the average for all occupations.*
In addition, the median salary for administrative services managers was $98,890 in 2020.* These facts show how earning a master’s in fire administration can be a great way to serve your country and provide for your family.
Because our classes are taught from a Christian worldview, our program can help you stand out. Liberty is known for producing graduates who are known for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility. Liberty University’s fire science master’s degree can help set you up for success in a competitive field that needs strong, ethical leaders.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, at Administrative Services and Facilities Managers (viewed online Jan. 31, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our MPA in Fire Administration Online Degree?
Students enrolled in our master’s in public administration degree will acquire the knowledge and understanding of how public policy and government regulations affect business enterprises and economics. To produce the skills to assess and mitigate the impact of legal and regulatory issues in your organization, you will be trained by seasoned professors with years of experience in the fields of business and government.
Fire administrators need a mix of administration, human resources, and fire policy expertise to navigate the challenges of running an efficient and effective fire department. With specialized fire administration training paired with essential management training, you can prepare to help your personnel serve the community.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
MPA in Fire Administration Program Featured Courses
- FIRE 610 – Leadership for the Executive Fire Officer
- FIRE 620 – Human Resources and Budget Management for the Executive Fire Officer
- FIRE 630 – Community Risk Mitigation for the Executive Fire Officer
- FIRE 640 – Legal Considerations in Fire and Emergency Services for the Executive Fire Officer
Highlights of Our Online MPA Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MPA degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete our MPA in Fire Administration degree in as little as 1.5 years!
MPA in Fire Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online MPA Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for MPA in Fire Administration Graduates
- Executive fire officer
- Fire battalion chief
- Municipal fire chief
Admission Requirements for Graduate Online Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.