Combine Your Passion for Business and Politics By Earning a Master of Public Administration – Business and Government
While many people view government and business as mutually exclusive, the two career fields overlap — perhaps, more than most people think. Each day, governing agencies and business leaders wrestle over the limits of free-market capitalism, wealth, power, worker protections, and democracy itself. At Liberty University, we recognize the importance of this struggle, and we’ve designed a degree program that can help you have a decisive impact in the fray.
If you are business savvy and enjoy understanding how business is affected by political outliers, then Liberty University’s Master of Public Administration – Business and Government is for you! Our online public administration master’s in business and government can help equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue roles in business management and public administration alike.
Our Master of Public Administration – Business and Government is 100% online, which allows you to fulfill your educational needs without the pressure of a set schedule to complete tasks. The master’s in public administration, focusing on business and government, offers you the opportunity to influence the sectors of business and politics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration – Business and Government Online Program?
Liberty University seeks to create positive and productive experiences for our students through quality education. Our master’s in public administration degree aims to equip you with a solid understanding of philosophical and biblical influences that impact the leadership and policy of public, private, and non-profit organizations alike.
One of the major benefits to our online MPA in business and government is that it can help prepare you for many different career paths. This MPA specialization offers dual training in pertinent business and public administration issues, so you can confidently pursue jobs in either career field. In addition, our professors are available for mentorship opportunities. Many of our instructors have terminal degrees, and all have years of real-world experience, so you can be confident in the credibility of each instructor you have.
Business and government impact everyone’s life in several considerable ways, and at Liberty, you can pursue one online degree program that prepares you for both of these career fields. Our online MPA in business and government also includes an optional thesis that can help prepare you for future doctoral studies.
In pursuit of your Master of Public Administration – Business and Government online degree, you will be encouraged to operate as an ethical Christian statesman or stateswoman. As a Christian university, the Gospel is at the heart of every course we offer. While times change, we have remained faithfully committed to our mission since 1971: Training Champions for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our Online MPA Program?
As a student enrolled in the master’s in public administration – business and government degree, you can acquire a sound understanding of how public policy and government regulations affect business enterprises and economics. As part of our commitment to helping you reach your career goals, assessment, mitigation, and regulatory topics are woven into the fabric of this degree’s curriculum. With Liberty’s online MPA degree in government and business, you can gain an advanced understanding of the legal and regulatory issues that affect commerce and economic activities.
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, our online MPA in business and government can be an asset to you and your future organization. At Liberty, you can develop your understanding of legal issues that may arise in business and economics. The knowledge derived from your online MPA degree in business and government can help you skillfully assess an organization’s need for competent legal advice in the area of contracts, employment, partnerships, intellectual property, and other business facets.
Through rigorous, faith-based study, our master’s in public administration degree in business and government can help you find solutions to complex issues. Partner with us and take your career to new heights.
Master of Public Administration – Business and Government Program Featured Courses
- BUSI 561 – Legal Issues in Business
- JURI 630 – International Business Law
- PADM 530 – Community Economic Development
- PADM 600 – Politics and Policy of Public Sector Budgeting
MPA in Business and Government Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Public Administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all Master of Public Administration programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online public administration colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MPA in Business and Government degree program in as little as 1.5 years!
Online MPA in Business and Government Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Public Administration Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Public Administration – Business and Government Degree
Upon completion of your Master of Public Administration – Business and Government degree, you could pursue a career as a(n):
- Administrative officer
- City/county manager
- Investment fund manager
- Urban planner
Admission Requirements for the MPA in Business and Government
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.