Combine Your Passion for Business and Politics Through Earning a Master of Public Administration – Business and Government
In the field of politics, business and government seem to work hand in hand to create proper policies and stipulations on international trade and American business enterprises. If you are business savvy and enjoy understanding how business is affected by political outliers, then Liberty University’s Master of Public Administration – Business and Government is for you!
Our Master of Public Administration – Business and Government is 100% online to provide the flexibility to fulfill your educational needs without the pressure of a set schedule to complete tasks. The master’s in public administration, focusing on business and government, provides you with the opportunity to build on your desire to influence the sectors of business and politics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Public Administration – Business and Government Online Program?
Liberty University seeks to ensure positive and productive experiences for our students through quality education. Our master’s in public administration degree aims to equip graduates with a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences impacting the leadership and policy of public and non-profit organizations.
You will be challenged to see how various political and financial factors influence private and government policy analysis and implementation processes. In pursuit of your Master of Public Administration – Business and Government online degree, you will be encouraged to operate as an ethical Christian statesman or stateswoman to make an impact on your generation and generations to come.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Public Administration Degree?
Students enrolled in the master’s in public administration – business and government degree will acquire the knowledge and understanding of how public policy and government regulations affect business enterprises and economics. Training, to produce the skills to assess and mitigate the impact of legal and regulatory issues in your organization, is provided by seasoned professors with years of experience in the fields of business and government. Graduates will gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory issues that affect business and economic activities.
As a leader in the field of business and government policy, you will be an asset to your future organization with your understanding of the legal issues that may arise in business and economics. The knowledge derived from your online MPA degree in business and government makes you an expert in assessing an organization’s need for competent legal advice in the area of contracts, employment, partnerships, intellectual property, and many other business facets. In the master’s in public administration degree in business and government, each course is taught through a Judeo-Christian worldview lens to explore solutions to needs in government policy and business.
Master of Public Administration – Business and Government Program Featured Courses
- BUSI 561 – Legal Issues in Business
- JURI 630 – International Business Law
- PADM 530 – Community Economic Development
- PADM 600 – Politics and Policy of Public Sector Budgeting
MPA in Business and Government Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Public Administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all Master of Public Administration programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online public administration colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MPA in Business and Government degree program in as little as 1.5 years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- M.A. in Public Policy – Liberty’s Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Courses within the program will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices. Through this program, you will strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of critical issues facing today’s society.
- Master of Business Administration – Our ACBSP accredited Master of Business Administration is designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each area of study under this degree is designed to equip you with the tools and skills essential for practical communication and research practices necessary to thrive in the business world.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice – The Master of Science in Criminal Justice will provide you with advanced training in criminal justice and professional administration. Through this program, you will learn to apply the best practices and trends in criminal justice by mastering your written and verbal communication to be most effective as a leader or manager in the criminal justice field. This program focuses on the integration of ethics, criminal justice, and management.
MPA in Business and Government Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Public Administration Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Public Administration – Business and Government Degree
Upon completion of your Master of Public Administration – Business and Government degree, you can pursue a career as a(n):
- Administrative officer
- City/county manager
- Investment fund manager
Admission Requirements for the MPA in Business and Government
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.