Make a Global Impact with Liberty’s Master’s in International Relations – Human Rights Degree
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? With a Master of Science (MS) in International Relations – Human Rights, you can equip yourself to make a positive difference globally. Through this degree, you can gain the knowledge and expertise needed to analyze human rights literature, conduct research with real-world implications, and apply your knowledge to global political problems.
As a graduate of this program, you can be prepared to pursue a career that lets you assist and protect those who are hurting from a biblical perspective. Your expertise in human rights can help you make a significant change in areas such as social justice, advocacy, and diplomacy. With this degree, you can be ready to tackle challenging humanitarian issues and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives across the globe.
The master’s degree in international relations gives insight into theoretical and practical aspects of human rights. You will study topics such as the history and philosophy of human rights, international human rights law, and human rights advocacy. You can also discover how to examine human rights problems and use what you learn in real-life situations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in International Relations – Human Rights?
Our online degree in international relations – human rights is an excellent option for students like you who want to pursue their passion for human rights while maintaining their current lifestyle. Since this program is 100% online, you will not have to put your life on hold to pursue your degree. This online format provides a flexible option for you to still focus on your job, family, and other commitments.
In addition to the convenience of an online program, Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 50% of your graduate degree. This transfer credit policy means that you can potentially bring in previous college coursework and use relevant life experience for credit in classes – allowing you to save time and money.
Liberty University’s accreditation by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, helps ensure that your degree will be recognized by employers and other institutions. This accreditation means that Liberty’s online international relations degree program meets rigorous academic standards and provides a high-quality education that can help prepare you for your future career.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of International Relations – Human Rights Degree?
In Liberty University’s online master’s degree in international relations with a focus on human rights, you can gain a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences impacting international relations and global governance. The program takes a multidisciplinary approach to international relations, addressing history, philosophy, governing structures and processes, and comparative politics. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn about the Judeo-Christian perspective on international affairs as well as the role of America in the world.
Through this program, you can gain knowledge of international governments, groups, organizations, and coalitions as well as sovereignty issues. You will also have the opportunity to explore the influence, reach, and limits of human rights. This program is constructed on a solid biblical foundation, which can help prepare you for a career in intercultural interaction. By studying American foreign policy, you can learn how it impacts the global landscape and explore ways in which the United States can play a positive role in promoting human rights and advancing peace and prosperity around the world.
Our specialization in human rights can give you a strong base of knowledge about human rights, including its politics, history, and philosophy. In your classes, you can also learn about important events in human rights during the 20th century. You can also gain an understanding of the different groups and organizations, such as the church, government, and international institutions, that work to protect human rights and make sure people follow human rights rules.
- HUMR 501 – The International Human Rights Regime
- HUMR 505 – Protecting Human Rights: Actors and Institutions
- INTL 502 – Global Governance
- PPOL 652 – U.S. Foreign Policy and Sovereignty Issues
Highlights of Our International Relations – Human Rights Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Our human rights degree is 100% online, making it easier to balance your education with your current schedule.
- As a student in our MS in International Relations – Human Rights program, you will have the opportunity to learn from knowledgeable faculty and network with other students in different areas of the country.
MS in International Relations Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses.
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for International Relations – Human Rights Graduates
- Global missions director
- Human rights policy specialist
- International business consultant
Admission Requirements for Our International Relations – Human Rights Graduate Online Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.