Protect America’s Well-Being with a Master’s in Homeland Security
After the September 11 terrorist attacks, the Department of Homeland Security was created for a vital purpose: to protect America from future threats to our nation’s security. Homeland security professionals work tirelessly to ensure the safety of American citizens. They handle many important responsibilities, including border security, cyber security, anti-terrorism, and disaster prevention and management.
If you want to protect and serve your community through a career in homeland security, Liberty University can help you reach your goals. Our 100% online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security will equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel as a protector of America’s security and future. You can become a valuable asset in the criminal justice world, armed with the tools to lead effectively in homeland security organizations at all levels of government.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Homeland Security Degree Program?
Do you want to learn from highly qualified professors who will take your training in criminal justice to the next level? If so, our online homeland security master’s degree is a great option! We have made it our mission to provide students like you with a flexible, affordable, quality education. With the expert instruction offered in this program, you can gain marketable skills that will help you stand out to employers.
This advanced degree covers the most up-to-date facts and concepts related to criminal justice and homeland security. Maybe you want to advance your career, or perhaps you’re seeking a terminal degree in criminal justice or public administration. Either way, you’ll find this master’s program to be a vital stepping stone in your academic and professional journey.
Since this program is 100% online, you can complete your courses according to your needs and schedule. You can earn your degree while still focusing on what really matters, like your family, job, church, and community. At Liberty, you’ll receive training from faculty who are leaders in their field and are committed to teaching from a biblical worldview.
With our master’s degree online in homeland security, you can choose between a thesis and a non-thesis track. Completing a thesis is the perfect way to go beyond textbook knowledge and use what you’ve learned in your courses to solve real-world problems. By writing a thesis, you can address significant areas of need in the disciplines of public policy and criminal justice.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Homeland Security Courses?
Criminal justice experts must possess strong leadership, communication, and critical-thinking skills. A master’s degree will equip you to lead effectively in homeland security, giving you the tools needed to protect the freedom and safety of American citizens.
In this program, you’ll learn how to design, implement, and evaluate criminal justice programs. You’ll also explore many aspects of homeland security, including legal issues, policy creation, administration, and ethical leadership. Whether you want to work in the public or private sector, Liberty’s homeland security courses can prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career.
Discover your niche in the criminal justice system by learning about the roles and duties of various security agencies. This degree covers the most important topics and trends related to American security today, equipping you to craft effective policies and strategies. At the end of the program, you’ll complete a capstone course, which will let you apply your knowledge to real-world issues in the criminal justice field.
Partner with us and prepare to defend, lead, and serve the United States with skill and integrity.
- HLSC 500 – Foundations of Homeland Security
- HLSC 510 – Homeland Security Organization and Administration
- HLSC 520 – Legal Issues in Homeland Security
Benefits for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class learning opportunities and helping students achieve their educational goals. Our First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off of the men and women who work in public service. If you are a firefighter, police officer, paramedic, or other first responder, we want to thank you for your service to our community by supporting you in your academic journey.
As Liberty’s way of saying “thank you,” we proudly provide first responders with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Potential college credit for training and life experience
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits, like our Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits
For more information on eligibility and on claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder Discount page.
Highlights of Our Homeland Security Master’s Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- This homeland security program can be completed in less than 2 years.
M.S. in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our homeland security master’s program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Master’s in Homeland Security Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a Master’s Degree in Homeland Security?
By earning an M.S. in Criminal Justice, you can pursue many different career paths. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Counterterrorism analyst
- Customs agent
- Cyber security analyst
- Fraud investigator
- Immigration officer
- Law enforcement training instructor
- Transportation security officer
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Criminal Justice Master’s Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.