Protect America’s Well-Being by Earning a Master’s in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security Degree Online
Liberty University can offer you an exciting opportunity to advance your career in the critical area of homeland security through our 100% online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security degree. This online degree in homeland security is specifically designed to train criminal justice professionals for leadership roles in the administration and management of homeland security organizations and the execution of homeland security responsibilities at all levels of government.
Liberty’s master’s in criminal justice – homeland security degree online will prepare you to serve as a valuable asset, armed with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in being a protector of America’s security and future.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security Degree Online?
If you are seeking to study under highly qualified professors in the field of homeland security and want to take your training in criminal justice to the next level, then Liberty University’s online master’s in criminal justice – homeland security degree is for you! We have made it our mission to provide our students with quality education and constant support in pursuit of their degree. Since this program is 100% online, you can complete your homeland security courses according to your needs and schedule.
You will be able to choose between a thesis and a non-thesis track with this online homeland security degree in criminal justice. Students who want opportunities to develop original scholarship that extends beyond the scope of their coursework and addresses significant areas of need in the disciplines of public policy and criminal justice should choose to complete the thesis track of this degree program. Completing a thesis is the perfect way to take the knowledge gained from your homeland security courses and apply that training to the criminal justice field through critical analysis and problem-solving.
We created the Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security degree to offer criminal justice professionals an advanced degree that focuses on both the criminal justice context and professional administration therein. If you are seeking a terminal degree in criminal justice or public administration, then you will find this master’s degree to be a helpful stepping-stone.
What Will You Learn in Our Criminal Justice Homeland Security Degree Online Courses?
Because of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the Department of Homeland Security was created through the integration of 22 different departments and agencies. Because of this, professionals in criminal justice, and those who wish to pursue careers in homeland security need to have a wide range of training to meet the needs of the growing responsibilities of the department.
- Through our homeland security course in leadership, ethics, and policing, you will be trained in ethical leadership, which is a necessary component in building an excellent organization that can develop and maintain the public’s trust.
- Completing your homeland security courses in legal issues and homeland security organization and administration, you will come to understand the legal framework for which national policies and priorities are derived.
It is imperative that you have a clear understanding of homeland security background, laws, and political influencers. Departments need strong leaders to manage well and create new strategies to better American protection and citizen outreach.
Homeland Security Online Featured Courses
Benefits for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off of the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘thank you’, we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
M.S. in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security Degree Online Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in criminal justice – homeland security degree online has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security degree program in less than 2 years.
Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program
- View our criminal justice Course Syllabi (login required)
- Required thesis
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Careers Can You Pursue with an Online Homeland Security Degree?
This homeland security degree was designed to lead you to a career to protect and serve your community.
Potential career fields include:
- Domestic and international terrorism
- Citizenship and immigration services
- Transportation security
Admission Requirements for the Online M.S. Criminal Justice Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.