Decode the Criminal Mind by Earning a Master of Science in Criminal Justice — Forensic Psychology Degree Online
Behind every law and every crime is a person. Understanding the human psyche is critical to understanding why a crime was committed, what a victim may be going through, and how to move forward to restore justice. This is why we need forensic psychologists in the criminal justice system today. Pursue an online forensic psychology degree with Liberty and help pursue justice in our criminal justice system.
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Criminal Justice — Forensic Psychology is designed to equip you with the tools you need to be successful. You’ll learn about the laws and legal practices of the criminal justice system while applying your knowledge of social-cognitive psychology.
Earn a forensic psychology master’s degree and take the next step in your path to pursuing justice. Protect your community by understanding the human beings involved in crimes.
What can you do with a master’s in forensic psychology?
With the knowledge you gain from an online master’s degree in forensic psychology, you will be prepared for a variety of fulfilling careers in criminal justice. These include intelligence analyst, jury consultant, forensic science technician, and more. Additionally, our forensic psychology online degree will prepare you for doctoral studies in criminal justice and forensic psychology — opening up doors for even more opportunities.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Forensic Psychology Degree?
An M.S. in Criminal Justice — Forensic Psychology degree will help you stand out from your peers in both the criminal justice system and the field of criminal psychology. Earn your online forensic psychology degree from one of the top forensic psychology schools and prepare to protect your communities through the criminal justice system.
Our criminal justice forensic psychology degree will teach you how to lead effectively and deal with prominent issues in criminal justice. This will help prepare you for a variety of careers in protecting and upholding the law.
Our master’s in forensic psychology is also offered completely online. This will allow you to remain active in your job, family, and community without taking on-campus classes. You can complete all your classes and thesis from one of the best forensic psychology programs in the comfort of your own home or office.
What Will You Learn in Our Criminal Justice – Forensic Psychology Degree?
In our criminal justice forensic psychology degree, we aim to give you a holistic view of the criminal justice system and how you can contribute. We do this by combining courses focused on the complexities of the criminal justice system with courses specifically concentrating on the skills needed in forensic psychology.
Our criminal justice courses will focus on leadership roles in the criminal justice field. And our forensic psychology courses will cover a variety of topics on the methods and theories of psychology and their application to law enforcement, the judicial process, and the corrections process. Some of the subjects you will study include:
- Child custody and dependency issues
- Crisis theory and strategies required for criminal justice first responders
- The admissibility of psychologists to provide expert testimony in court
- The assessment of various mental states to meet legal requirements for competency
- What working in the criminal justice system is like
In addition to your coursework, you will also research and complete a master’s thesis and defense in criminal justice. This can prepare you for doctoral work if you wish to pursue it. It will also allow you to make a contribution to research in criminal justice and public policy.
Featured Courses in Our Online Forensic Psychology Degree
- CJUS 620 — Fundamentals of Forensic Psychology
- CJUS 630 — Crisis Intervention in Law Enforcement
- CJUS 640 — Psychology and the Legal System
- CJUS 650 — Rehabilitation and Reintegration of Offender
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals — in whatever way we can. The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens off of tuition from the men and women who work in public service. As Liberty University’s way of saying “Thank you,” we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
M.S. in Criminal Justice – Forensic Psychology Degree Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your master’s in forensic psychology online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University offers you the opportunity to learn from our qualified faculty members who have practical knowledge of the criminal justice system as it pertains to forensic psychology.
- You can complete the Master of Science in Criminal Justice — Forensic Psychology degree in under 2 years.
Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Forensic Psychology Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- This degree is offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- A thesis is required.
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s Forensic Psychology Master’s Degree Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Options for Online Forensic Psychology Master’s Graduates
An online master’s degree in forensic psychology prepares you for a variety of careers. Here are some of the most common master’s in forensic psychology jobs:
- Criminal justice and law enforcement teacher
- Federal government employee
- Forensic science technician
- Intelligence analyst
- Jail supervisor
- Jury consultant
- Police consultant
- Victim advocate
Admission Requirements for the Online Master’s Degree Program in Forensic Psychology
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.