Protect Lives and Defend Our Nation’s Interests with a Bachelor’s in Government – Online Intelligence Degree
Our country’s government, military, and law enforcement agencies rely on highly protected and classified information to make important decisions regarding national security. With Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Government – Intelligence, you can become equipped to gather and analyze such information and use it to help manage crises, inform national defense planning, foil the efforts of our enemies’ intelligence agencies, influence international security measures, and more.
This program focuses on methods for identifying and preventing threats to homeland security and American national interests worldwide. Throughout your courses, you can learn about the role of the intelligence community and the primary responsibilities of analysts and agents in this field. You’ll also study the history of U.S. intelligence and examine methods for carrying out intelligence operations, giving you a strong theoretical and practical foundation for your future endeavors.
Whether you are looking to advance your current career or are just getting started in this industry, we can help provide the training and skills you need. Partner with us and prepare to defend the lives, safety, and well-being of our country and its people.
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Government – Intelligence Degree Program?
Are you worried that school may get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, Liberty has just what you need. Our intelligence degree is offered 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times. You can complete your degree on a schedule that works for you and take the next step in your education without putting your life on hold.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We are regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. All of our courses are led by professors who have years of experience both in academia and out in the field – so you can be confident that you’re receiving the best in higher education.
By partnering with us for your online bachelor’s in intelligence, you won’t just earn a degree – you can develop the knowledge, values, and skills essential for impacting the world. Our goal is to develop ethical, upstanding professionals who will lead the way as thinkers and innovators in their industry without compromising their integrity. As an online intelligence major at Liberty, you can learn how to defend your loved ones, community, and nation while helping to ensure peace and security for all.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Intelligence?
This program includes core courses in fundamental aspects of government. You’ll study topics such as comparative politics, American constitutional history, and political theory. You can also develop essential skills in public policy research and writing as well as American foreign policy. By understanding these foundational concepts, you can prepare to become a force for good in government – whether at the local, state, or federal level.
Building on your core studies, you’ll take classes that are specific to the intelligence specialization. Through this area of study, you can learn how to address threats to our country and other major issues that affect national and homeland security. Some of the areas you’ll explore include:
- An introduction to the field of intelligence and the intelligence community within the framework of the Department of Homeland Security
- Application of ethical standards to intelligence work
- Classic intelligence failures as well as some of the unpublished successes of the intelligence community
- Identification, prioritization, and protection of critical infrastructure including agriculture, telecommunications, transportation, energy, water, and emergency services
- Methods for undermining our enemies’ intelligence activities and protecting American information and intelligence methods
- Tactical military intelligence operations
- Theoretical and practical aspects of homeland security and emergency management
To round out your degree, you’ll complete several free elective courses. You could use these as an opportunity to further your studies in government and intelligence – or you could branch out into another area that interests you and diversify your skill set! With such a wide array of skills, you can become an asset to government agencies and private organizations alike as you pursue a career in intelligence and security.
- CJUS 380 – Introduction to Homeland Security
- CJUS 382 – Critical Infrastructure Protection
- GOVT 483 – Military Operations and Intelligence
- GOVT 487 – Ethics in Intelligence
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Government – Online Intelligence Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- You can finish this intelligence degree in as little as 3.5 years – faster than a typical residential program!
BS in Government – Intelligence Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Intelligence Degree Program
- Business intelligence analyst
- Counterterrorism analyst
- Criminal investigator
- Defense professional
- Immigration or border patrol agent/analyst
- Intelligence agency professional
- Intelligence organization analyst
- Program analyst
Admission Requirements for Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Government
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.