Prepare to Facilitate Successful Emergency Medical and Fire Service Departments with a Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Administration
Do you want to make a tangible difference in the lives of others? Are you looking to advance your career into leadership positions in public service? A Bachelor of Science (BS) in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services (EMS) can help you prepare to save lives in many ways.
Fire services have evolved beyond just firefighting. This field now includes community education and outreach for fire prevention, fire investigation, fire inspections, response to hazardous material incidents, disaster response and recovery, and emergency medical services. There is a need for individuals with higher education in the administration of these services.
By offering a specialization in emergency medical services, we acknowledge the increasingly diverse and technical nature of fire services and seek to broaden your education to facilitate these essential services. If you are a current or aspiring EMS professional who is looking to expand your technical knowledge or advance to positions of greater responsibility, our Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services may be right for you.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Fire Inspectors (viewed online June 28, 2023). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Fire Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services?
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services is designed to support current and future firefighters, emergency medical technicians, emergency managers, and professionals in similar occupations seeking new skills or career advancement. You can learn how to make a real difference and even save the lives of others in your community.
Our courses are all taught from a biblical worldview. With faculty members who are firmly grounded in Scripture and Christian ethics, we provide a unique learning environment where you can both expand your knowledge and deepen your faith. In a field that has such frequent and poignant interactions with the public, a deep understanding of biblical principles is essential.
The 100% online format of our undergraduate fire science degree allows you to further your education while maintaining your personal commitments. With 8 different start dates per year and no set login times, you can take the next step in your education without putting your life on hold.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals in whatever ways we can. The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying “Thank you,” we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
What Will You Learn in Our Emergency Medical Services and Fire Administration Online Degree?
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services online degree program is designed to help you develop the skills needed to become an asset to a public service department. The program covers a breadth of areas in government, business, and public administration. Furthermore, the curriculum also includes courses focused on fire administration and emergency management. In these courses, you will study:
- Administration of fire and emergency service organizations
- Behavioral dimensions of disaster
- Fire prevention and protection
- Human resources management in fire service organizations
- Incident command system/emergency planning and incident management
- Leadership in fire service organizations
- Legal and political issues in fire administration
The specialization in emergency medical services covers specific key areas that can help a department succeed. These areas include community risk reduction, EMS quality management, risk management and safety, foundations of EMS systems, legal, political, and regulatory environment of emergency medical services.
This comprehensive curriculum can help prepare you for various roles within a fire and emergency medical services department. Strong and well-educated leaders can make a significant and tangible difference in the lives of those in their communities. Partner with Liberty University and set yourself up for success in your future career.
- EMER 315 – EMS Risk Management and Safety*
- EMER 335 – Management of Emergency Medical Services
- EMER 355 – Legal, Political, and Regulatory Environment of EMS*
- EMER 375 – EMS Quality Management*
*Course guide coming soon
Online Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services Degree Information
- Our online fire administration degree falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Undergraduate Fire Administration – EMS Graduates
The Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services is designed to expand the qualifications and knowledge of those in or seeking the following careers:
- Emergency dispatcher
- Emergency medical technician (EMT)
- Emergency room technician
- Emergency services manager
Additional training, education, and licensure may be necessary for some occupations
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services Online Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can finish this Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration – Emergency Medical Services in as little as 3.5 years!