Gain the Skills Needed to Plan for and React to Disasters with Liberty’s Fire Administration and Emergency Management Bachelor’s Degree
Disasters and emergency situations, whether man-made or natural, require planning and coordinating between many agencies within the government and outside of the government. Fire departments and first responders need people like you who are ready to answer the call to coordinate with and guide others in response and recovery efforts. Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Fire Administration – Emergency Management can help equip you with the tools you need to save lives and property.
Through our fire science and emergency management degree, you can broaden your ability to help communities protect against natural and man-made disasters as well as help lead the recovery process. Our emergency management specialization can help you gain a firm grasp on what is needed to coordinate between multiple agencies at all levels of government. Furthermore, our core courses can help prepare you for the leadership challenges you may face, such as budgeting, conflict management, resource allocation, motivating individuals and groups, and more.
Learn to prepare and guard against disasters as well as educate the public on what they can do to protect themselves. For those who live to serve, this firefighter degree can help open more opportunities and show you new ways to make a positive impact in your community and state.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Fire Service Management Degree?
Liberty University’s online fire administration bachelor’s degree is designed to help professional firefighters advance in their careers. Our emergency management specialization can help you gain skills and knowledge that can be instrumental in coordinating with other governmental agencies. By combining these newly found skills with previous training, you can pursue leadership and administrative roles in emergency service organizations. This program can help develop fire administration leaders who understand and accept responsibility for public safety and protection.
As a Christian university, we can identify with service-minded individuals who are working in emergency services. Our courses are taught from a Christian worldview and are aimed at helping you apply similar values to your job that benefit the community. This emergency management degree trains fire administration professionals like you to ethically protect the lives and property of the people they serve.
Juggling academics and professional life might appear intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. To facilitate your success, we’ve structured a completely online emergency management degree program. Our 8-week courses with no set login times offer you the flexibility to pursue your degree from any part of the globe.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals in whatever way we can. The First Responder Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying “Thank you,” we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential college credit for training and life experience
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or military benefits)
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder Discount page.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Degree in Emergency Management?
In this fire management degree, you will study a wide range of subjects that are applicable to this field, especially when applied to management positions. Your core courses will include techniques for efficient and effective planning, organizing, and leading. You will learn about things like conflict management and how to motivate individuals and groups. From there, you can develop a basic understanding of how to prepare, respond, and recover after emergencies. Your courses will also cover subjects that are specifically geared toward fire service organizations, such as human resource management and administration of these departments.
Our emergency management specialization will focus on how different organizations respond to disasters that are either natural or caused by terrorism. You can learn how to protect critical infrastructure like telecommunications, transportation, energy, water, medical care, emergency services, and much more. You will also explore the principles of emergency services and how to protect the safety of your emergency response personnel.
Your studies will culminate in a capstone course that will require you to demonstrate mastery of the knowledge gained from this emergency services program. You will have the opportunity to choose a topic or issue and then apply what you have learned to address a realistic situation or problem. This can help you gain confidence in your knowledge and skills as you prepare to serve your community.
- CJUS 380 – Introduction to Homeland Security
- CJUS 382 – Critical Infrastructure Protection
- EMER 310 – Principles of Emergency Services
- EMER 330 – Legal Aspects of Emergency Services
Online Fire Administration Bachelor’s Degree Information
- Our online fire science degree falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Fire Administration Bachelor’s Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Fire and Emergency Services Degree Graduates
- Battalion chief
- Company officer
- Emergency services manager
- Fire investigator
- Fire marshal
- Public safety officer
- Safety consultant
- Safety manager
Admission Requirements for Our Bachelor’s in Fire Administration
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Fire Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty graduates are often sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- You will have access to vast online resources and materials through Liberty’s research portal while completing your fire tech studies.