Sharpen Your Leadership Skills with Our Education Specialist Degree in Curriculum and Instruction
As an educator, you are continually striving to better reach your students, and at Liberty University, we want to provide you with the tools you need to do just that. Our Education Specialist — Curriculum and Instruction degree is designed to enhance your instruction, leadership, and curriculum development skills in ways that can be practically applied to the classroom, administrative roles, and curriculum development.
Throughout this online Ed.S. degree program, you can explore advanced learning theory, educational research, institutional assessment techniques, and curriculum development so you can better impact students in your classroom and beyond. With the general curriculum and instruction track, you can study core courses that interest you or best match your academic and professional objectives. The courses in our Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum and Instruction degree are all taught by experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and care about your success.
Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation). A degree with this sort of recognition can help you pursue jobs that you’ve always been interested in.
Why Choose Liberty’s Education Specialist – Curriculum and Instruction Degree Online?
Our Ed.S. degree can be completed 100% online, giving you the flexibility to continue to devote time to your career and family while earning your postgraduate degree. Our Curriculum and Instruction – Education Specialist degree provides specialized instruction focusing on current trends and theories in teaching and curriculum development. With our general track Ed.S. degree program, you can be flexible with the electives you study while still gaining the valuable training and skills you need to be a leader both inside and outside the classroom.
If you intend to further your education and pursue our Doctor of Education degree, we recommend that you take advantage of the courses that are offered in an optional on-campus intensives format. These courses are typically 1 week in length and are hosted on our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. These courses allow you to receive beneficial hands-on training that can serve you well in your dissertation or capstone research. Even if you are not planning on doctoral studies, you can acquire valuable knowledge in educational assessment, learn some of the latest research, and obtain skills in curriculum writing and planning that can open up new opportunities in the educational field.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing an Education Specialist Degree Online?
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, which means that your Ed.S. has met rigorous academic accreditation standards.
- Completing an Ed.S. degree shows employers that you have high-level learning theory, research, and curriculum development skills and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have the most advanced training.
- You can conduct cutting-edge educational research through your postgraduate Ed.S. degree program that can equip you to publish groundbreaking insights into education and take large steps toward a doctoral dissertation.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- If you elect to take advantage of the online Ed.S. degree’s optional intensives, you can further ensure that your skills and knowledge have been tested in a hands-on environment that can set you apart from other graduates.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
Our online Ed.S. program offers you core training in advanced research, theory, and assessment skills that can enhance your previous graduate studies in education while providing you with an opportunity to specialize in more advanced roles. You can learn leadership principles that are inspired by biblical truth and are foundational for success as a leader in the education field.
In addition to courses in leadership techniques, you can gain a deeper understanding of curriculum development, teaching methods, and learning processes so that you can keep your classroom fun, creative, and conducive to learning.
Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction Online Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree online, you can increase your understanding of learning theory and instructional methods, so you can make important higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
- You can prepare to step into an administrative role with the Ed.S. degree’s leadership courses.
- While completing our Ed.S. degree program, you can learn essential research and testing skills and study how to ensure your institution is providing effective teaching and making improvements.
- You can complete your Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction degree online in as little as 1 year!
Our Ed.S. Degree Online Program Information
- This Education Specialist degree program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Postgraduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Our Education Specialist Degree Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with an Educational Specialist Degree
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- Public school administrator
These are just some of the employment opportunities that may open up with an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum and Instruction degree. The leadership principles, teaching methods, and planning techniques you learn can be invaluable in many areas of academia.
*Please note: This is a non-licensure program.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.