Sharpen Your Leadership Skills with Our Education Specialist Degree in Curriculum and Instruction
As an educator, you are continually striving to better reach your students, and at Liberty University, we want to provide you with the tools you need to do just that. Our Education Specialist — Curriculum and Instruction degree is designed to enhance your instruction, leadership, and curriculum development skills in ways that can be practically applied to the classroom, administrative roles, and curriculum development.
Throughout this online Ed.S. degree program, you will study advanced learning theory, educational research, institutional assessment techniques, and curriculum development, so you can better impact students in your classroom and beyond. With the general curriculum and instruction track, you can study core courses that interest you or best match your academic and professional objectives. The courses in our Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum and Instruction degree are all taught by experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and care about your success.
Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Why Choose Liberty’s Education Specialist – Curriculum and Instruction Degree Online?
Our Ed.S. degree can be completed 100% online, giving you the flexibility to continue to devote time to your career and family while earning your postgraduate degree. Our Curriculum and Instruction – Education Specialist degree provides specialized instruction focusing on current trends and theories in teaching and curriculum development. With our general track Ed.S. degree program, you can be flexible with the electives you study while still gaining the valuable training and skills you need to be a leader both inside and outside the classroom.
If you intend to further your education and pursue our Doctor of Education degree, we recommend that you take advantage of the courses that are offered in an optional on-campus intensives format. These courses are typically 1 week in length and are hosted on our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. You will receive beneficial hands-on training that will be instrumental in your dissertation or capstone research. Even if you are not planning on doctoral studies, you will acquire valuable knowledge in educational assessment, learn some of the latest research, and obtain skills in curriculum writing and planning that will open up new opportunities in the educational field.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing an Education Specialist Degree Online?
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Completing an Ed.S. degree shows employers that you have high-level learning theory, research, and curriculum development skills and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have the most advanced training.
- You will conduct cutting-edge educational research through your postgraduate Ed.S. degree program that will equip you to publish groundbreaking insights into education and take large steps toward a doctoral dissertation.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- Our online Education Specialist degree gives you the opportunity to include licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure to your current credentials.
- If you elect to take advantage of the online Ed.S. degree’s optional intensives, you can further ensure that your skills and knowledge have been tested in a hands-on environment that will set you apart from other graduates.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
Our online Ed.S. program will provide you with core training in advanced research, theory, and assessment skills that will enhance your previous graduate studies in education while providing you with an opportunity to specialize in more advanced roles. You will learn leadership principles that are inspired by biblical truth and are foundational for success as a leader in the education field.
In addition to courses in leadership techniques, you will gain a deeper understanding of curriculum development, teaching methods, and learning processes so that you can keep your classroom fun, creative, and conducive to learning.
Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction Online Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree online, you will increase your understanding of learning theory and instructional methods, so you can make important higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
- You will be ready to step into an administrative role with the Ed.S. degree’s leadership courses.
- While completing our Ed.S. degree program, you will learn essential research and testing skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective teaching and making improvements.
- You can complete your Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction degree online in as little as 2 years!
Our Ed.S. Degree Online Program Information
- This Education Specialist degree program falls under the School of Education.
- If seeking licensure, an education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 606 and EDUC 701.
- Although taking intensive courses is optional, it is strongly recommended if you wish to pursue a Doctor in Education after your online Ed.S. degree.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
- View the Postgraduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Our Education Specialist Degree Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Educational Specialist Degree
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- Public school administrator
These are just some of the employment opportunities that will open up with an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum and Instruction degree. The leadership principles, teaching methods, and planning techniques you learn will be invaluable in many areas of academia.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.