Develop Dynamic Learning Environments with Our Master’s in Education Degree in Higher Education — Instructional Design and Technology
Combining your creativity, interest in technology, and love of education into a degree program is easier than you think! Our master’s in education degree in higher education with a specialization in instructional design and technology provides the training you need to answer the call for experts in higher education where the use of technology is crucial to the success of teachers and students alike. Virtual classrooms and digital content are constantly developing, and instructional design professionals are needed to keep up with industry pace.
Our Master of Education in Higher Education degree with a specialization in instructional design and technology is a challenging and engaging program that can provide you with the tools you need to succeed as an educational designer, utilizing the latest technology innovations.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Education Degree in Higher Education — Instructional Design and Technology Online Program
Liberty University is a leader in higher education, pioneering distance education since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has remained the same.
We are proud to offer our M.Ed. in Higher Education degree — Instructional Design and Technology program 100% online, so you do not have to relocate or take time away from your career and family to pursue your degree.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), providing you with both quality and flexibility. We have also received program accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards through the CAEP accreditation system.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology Online Program
Our master’s in education degree in higher education — instructional design and technology provides the critical educational concepts you need to develop an understanding of the social and political aspects of higher education, student support services, and more. This online M.Ed. program includes coursework in technology practices, foundational concepts in technology and online learning, and principles of design management in distance education. This specialization is a valuable degree for aspiring college and university course developers.
- EDUC 630 – Technology Practices for Instructional Improvement
- EDUC 631 – Foundations of Educational Technology and Online Learning
- EDUC 633 – Principles of Design and Management in Distance Education
- EDUC 664 – Economics and Finance of Higher Education
Master of Education – Higher Education Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.Ed. in Higher Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Education program in the 2019-20 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full time (at least 9 credits per semester), Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- Our online master’s in education degree program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards through the CAEP accreditation system.
- You can complete this program in as little as 1 year!
Higher Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Licensure is not available.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates per year, and no set login times
- Educational research team leader/member
- Course designer and administrator
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in Education Degree — Higher Education Online Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.