Develop Dynamic Learning Environments with Our Master’s in Education Degree in Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology
Combining your creativity, interest in technology, and love of education into a degree program is easier than you think! Our Master’s in Education degree in Higher Education, with a specialization in Instructional Design and Technology, provides the training you need to answer the call for experts in higher education where the use of technology is crucial to the success of teachers and students alike. Virtual classrooms and digital content are constantly developing, and instructional design professionals are needed to keep up with industry pace.
Our Master’s in Education in Higher Education degree with a specialization in Instructional Design and Technology is a challenging and engaging program that can provide you with the tools you need to succeed as an educational designer, utilizing the latest technology innovations.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Education Degree- Higher Education- Instructional Design and Technology Online Program
Liberty University is a leader in higher education, pioneering distance education since 1985 as the Liberty University School of Lifelong Learning. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has remained.
We are proud to offer our M.Ed. in Higher Education degree – Instructional Design and Technology program 100% online, so you do not have to relocate to pursue your degree. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), providing you with both quality and flexibility. We have also received program accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards, through the CAEP accreditation system.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Education Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology Online Program
Our Masters in Education degree in Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology provides the critical educational concepts you need to develop an understanding of the social and political aspects of higher education, student support services, and more.
Our Instructional Design and Technology specialization includes coursework in technology practices, foundational concepts in technology and online learning, and principles of design management in distance education. This specialization is a valuable degree for aspiring college and university course developers.
- EDUC 630 – Technology Practices for Instructional Improvement
- EDUC 631 – Foundations of Educational Technology and Online Learning
- EDUC 633 – Principles of Design and Management in Distance Education
- EDUC 664 – Economics and Finance of Higher Education
Master of Education – Higher Education Program Highlights
- By earning your Master’s in Education degree – Higher Education online from a nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2018-19 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- Our online Master’s in Education degree program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards, through the CAEP accreditation system. Learn more by visiting our program-specific accreditations webpage.
- You can complete this program in as little as one year!
Higher Education Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction online Elementary Education degree Course Syllabi. (login required)
- Licensure is not available.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Educational Research Team
- Course Design and Administration
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in Education degree- Higher Education Online Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, unofficial transcripts can be accepted with a completed transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.