Master of Theology Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an Admissions Counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy or via a direct electronic transcript system) showing regionally or nationally accredited degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels are required. Transcripts must show a Master of Divinity (or M.Div. equivalent — see M.Div. Equivalency Policy below) with a minimum 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution. Please note: Students that confer a master’s degree with Liberty University and apply for the Th.M. must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in order to gain admissions. Students with an LU graduate GPA below 3.0 will be denied admission.
- Admission to this program requires the following:
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your post-doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Master of Divinity Equivalency Policy
- Regionally or nationally accredited seminary degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing
- 72 accredited graduate hours (any graduate credit)
- 9 hours in graduate-level Bible and/or theology
- 9 hours in graduate-level church history, apologetics, evangelism, discipleship, global studies, leadership, homiletics, and/or church ministries
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Master of Theology Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for questions:
Email for sending documents:
Back to the Master of Theology