Master of Theology Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an Admissions Counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy or direct electronic transcript system). Requires a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity (or MDiv equivalent – see M.Div. Equivalency Policy below ) with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution. Please note: Students that confer a masters degree with Liberty University and apply for the Th.M. must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in order to gain admissions. Students with an LU graduate GPA below 3.0 will be denied admissions.
- Admission to this program requires
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an approved alternate test of English proficiency: International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP). Applicants must earn a score of 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, a 3.9 on the iTEP, a 6.5 on the IELTS, or an equivalent score on an approved alternate test for all graduate degree programs. Applicants who have an earned degree from a college or university in the U.S. or other English-speaking country or school may have the TOEFL requirement waived by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Alternatively, applicants who successfully complete the levels of English-Second-Language (ESL) instruction indicated below at one of two schools will have the TOEFL requirement waived. Students will have their application held until transcripts from one of the below schools are received.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your post-doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Master of Divinity Equivalency Policy
- Regionally or nationally accredited seminary degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- 72 accredited graduate hours (any graduate credit)
- 9 hours in Graduate- level Bible/Theology
- 9 hours in Graduate- level Church History/ Apologetics/ Evangelism/ Discipleship/ Global Studies/ Leadership/ Homiletics/ Church Ministries
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Master of Theology Admissions Office Contact Information
Email For Questions:
Email For Sending Documents:
Back to Master of Theology