Prepare to Lead in Global Ministry with Liberty’s Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Global Studies
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Global Studies is a non-thesis track designed to prepare you for a lifetime of effective ministry in international settings. Liberty University’s mission is to come alongside the local church in its quest to fulfill the Great Commission by training ministers to lead and share the gospel worldwide.
Since the evangelical world has connected worldwide to reach new, previously unreachable fields of ministry, the goal of the online Th.M. in Global Studies is to help you step outside of the Western worldview and learn how the gospel can influence other cultures. Whether you are seeking a professional ministry career in another country, you want to teach, or want to grow in your current ministry outreach position, Liberty University’s online Master of Theology program can help prepare you to engage the global community in your future career and your everyday life.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Global Studies?
Liberty University is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. As part of our mission to Train Champions for Christ, Liberty University’s Master of Theology program professors are committed to preparing you for a successful career as they teach you from a biblical worldview. Liberty offers the solid, biblical foundation necessary to serve well in a ministry-related role.
After completing this program, you can have a firm foundation in contemporary applications of Christian principles and feel better prepared for international evangelism and a lifetime of Christian service.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Theology in Global Studies?
The Master of Theology degree program builds on the ministry training and experience of the Master of Divinity degree in preparation for full-time Christian service. Through courses in cultural anthropology, the history of global Christianity, and intercultural communication, the Master of Theology in Global Studies provides advanced preparation for those called to serve overseas or those planning to pursue degree programs at the doctoral level.
- GLST 600 – Cultural Anthropology
- GLST 620 – History of Global Christianity
- GLST 650 – Intercultural Communication
Course guides available upon request
Master of Theology – Global Studies Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Theology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Master of Theology programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our Master of Theology in Global Studies degree in as little as 1 year.
- Connect with other ministry professionals from around the country through your online courses.
*Please note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Th.M. Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Master of Theology Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours!*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the program are charged at the part-time rate
Potential Career Options with a Master of Theology
- Bible instructor
- Teaching pastor
Regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity (or M.Div. equivalent) with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Divinity questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.