Use Your Theological Knowledge to Influence Corporate Worship with a Master of Arts in Religion — Worship
Today’s worship leaders are responsible for developing a theological base and biblical understanding of worship for those they lead. Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Religion — Worship online degree program is designed to equip worship leaders to better serve the church with skill and passion. This specialized program allows you to study and practice context-specific biblical and theological competencies in worship.
The customizable and flexible 100% online degree format gives you the ability to meet your educational needs without compromising your commitments and time with your family. Course materials within the online Master of Religion – Worship teach students to minister in a variety of evangelical worship cultures with skills and expertise.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Arts in Religion – Worship Online Program?
The Master of Arts in Religion – Worship online degree program provides an intensive study of scripture and the essential truths of the Christian message relating to worship contexts. By obtaining a master’s degree in religion, you will become a valuable asset to your church with knowledge gained in ministry foundations and an understanding of what it means to be a biblically-based worship leader.
Liberty University seeks to prepare you for ministry roles through advanced training and methods of teaching. Worship classes are taught by seasoned professors with years of experience in both church and worship ministry applications. We seek to enhance the online student experience while increasing the quality of your education. Students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Religion – Worship area of study will be challenged to develop holistic skills and techniques to lead worship effectively.
Our master’s degree in religion is profitable for pastors and ministry leaders who wish to have a firm scriptural foundation for service in Christian ministry. The program also provides an opportunity for potential advanced studies in one of our Master of Divinity online degree programs, which is a necessary prerequisite for many seminary doctoral programs.
What Will You Learn in Your Master of Arts in Religion – Worship?
The mission of the School of Divinity, through the Master of Arts in Religion – Worship online degree, is for you to work with your church to fulfill the Great Commission. Through this program, you will be trained in the foundational principles of preparing and presenting music in a worship setting or service, the historical application of worship, the relationship between the worship leader and pastor, and the principles of leading worship.
Our classes will explore planning, organizing, staff development, and decision-making as a worship leader. With these skills, the master’s degree in religion with a worship focus will help build your character, spiritual walk, and leadership skills to strengthen your worship ministry.
- WRSP 510 – Biblical Foundations of Worship
- WRSP 520 – The Role of the Worship Leader
- WRSP 530 – Principles of Leadership for the Worship Leader
Master’s in Religion – Worship Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Religion are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options
After receiving your Master of Arts in Religion – Worship online degree from Liberty University, you will have the opportunity to pursue a career in numerous ministry-related career fields including:
- Associate pastor
- Church education administrator
- Lay leader
- Worship pastor
- Youth pastor
Master of Arts in Religion – Worship Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online religion degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education
, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses at no cost to you.* As a full – time student, this could save you an estimated $800 – 2,000 per year on textbooks.
- You can complete this Master of Arts in Religion — Worship degree program in under 3 years.
*Please Note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for pastoral counseling (PACO) or worship studies (WRSP) courses, which fall under departments outside of the School of Divinity.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Divinity Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed.
Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact information for a pastoral recommendation
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.