Help Online Members Feel Connected to Your Church Community with an M.A.R. in Digital Ministry
The growth and development of the Church are of upmost importance to Jesus – which makes church ministry a vital role for Christians to fill. Are you interested in the growing trend of the digital church? Do you want to learn how to help church members who can’t come to your physical building feel connected to the body of Christ? If your answer is “Yes,” then Liberty’s Master of Arts in Religion – Church Ministry in the Digital Age is a great program for you.
Get excited about your future in digital ministry. Let us come alongside you, partnering our resources and faculty with your passion to serve the Lord in this growing field. The harvest is plentiful. With digital media connecting people across the world, you will have ample opportunities to minister to those who need it most.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Arts in Religion and Digital Church Ministry Degree?
Expand your church’s ministry beyond the traditional limits of your campus, and open up a new world of opportunity to bring the love of Christ to people across the globe.
More and more churches are offering live-streamed options for their sermons and uploading content for members who are connecting and giving solely online. This trend is creating new positions for many churches, and you can help fill them! The M.A.R. in Church Ministry in the Digital Age is designed to help you serve your church’s digital campus – a platform that has the potential to attract more people than could ever fit in your pews!
What Will You Learn in Our Church Ministry in the Digital Age Degree?
With Liberty’s 60-credit-hour M.A.R., you will explore a wide range of topics in religion and ministry. You will examine the Old and New Testaments in-depth, researching major concepts and connections between the two. Additionally, you will refine your scholarship by completing courses focused on research, writing, and ministry preparation.
As a student in the church ministry in the digital age track, you can expect to move deeper into the study of spiritual formation. You will compose a discipleship ministry strategy for Christian ministry, develop a plan for personal growth and development, and learn how to better defend the Christian faith in light of the digital age.
More specifically, your courses will center on and build off of these 4 digital ministry constructs: digital community, formation, strategies, and theology.
- CLCM 510 – Constructing a Theology of Networks for the Digital Age
- CLCM 520 – Spiritual Formation in the Digital Age
- CLCM 530 – Creating the Christian Community Online
- CLCM 540 – Introduction to Ministry in the Digital Age
Degree Information for the Master’s in Religion
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.A.R. Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: for 9-15 credits, only $2,475 per semester – that’s $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Religion are charged at the part-time rate.
Career Opportunities for M.A.R. in Digital Ministry Graduates
- Communications liaison
- Digital ministry leader
- Digital pastor
- Director of digital ministries
- Online campus pastor
- Youth pastor
Admission Requirements for Graduate Online Religion Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Master’s Degree in Digital Ministry
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete Liberty’s M.A.R. degree in as little as 2 years!
- Our church ministry in the digital age track is the first of its kind in this field! The combination of foundational religion courses and digital ministry courses will help you engage with cultural studies through digital media in both a practical and academic way.
*Please note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for pastoral counseling (PACO) courses, which fall under the School of Behavioral Sciences.