Learn to Shepherd Others with Our Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries Degree
Today’s youth are in need of godly leaders to provide the support and mentorship they need to navigate the issues they face every day. Liberty University’s Master of Divinity online degree in youth and family ministries will equip you with the credentials and training you need to pursue the ministry of leading youth and families. You will be exposed to a wide variety of topics and curriculum including leadership, Christian history, apologetics, and evangelism.
Additionally, our M.Div. program will focus on the foundations of youth and family ministry and allow you to understand the needs of young people. As a professional with a desire to fulfill God’s calling of ministry in your life, our M.Div. in Youth and Family Ministries will give you the tools you need to lead the next generation of pastors, youth leaders, teachers, businessmen and women, and more.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries Degree
Liberty University’s core mission is to Train Champions for Christ. The discipleship of youth and the family as a whole is pivotal to our mission. You can earn your Master of Divinity online with confidence from one of the leading Christian universities in the world.
By pursuing our 100% online 75-hour program, you will have the freedom and flexibility to complete the degree at your own pace and in as few as six semesters. Additionally, you can be confident in pursuing this degree at Liberty University — one of the world’s largest Christian universities.
What Are the Benefits of the M.Div. Online?
- The Master of Divinity is the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary program available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most or all of their previous coursework will be transferred to the M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.
- Liberty’s online Master of Divinity received TheBestSchools.com’s Best Online Programs award for 2020.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries Degree?
Through our Master of Divinity programs, you will pursue advanced studies of biblical concepts on discipleship, intercultural engagement, homiletics, the Old and New Testament, hermeneutics, and church history. The professors in our online seminary school, the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, provide you with opportunities to understand biblical theology with the guidance and mentorship you need to be successful in your ministry career.
Our Master of Divinity in Youth and Family Ministries includes training that is vital for future ministry leaders to be successful in effectively reaching teenagers, families, and the church-at-large. We encourage you to review our youth and family ministries featured courses below!
- YOUT 510 – Developing a Philosophy of Youth Ministry
- YOUT 520 – Leading Youth & Family Ministry
- YOUT 615 – Integrating Youth Ministry into the Home and Church
- YOUT 630 – Contextualization of Evangelism and Discipleship in Youth Ministry
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Master of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options in Youth and Family Ministries
- Church education administrator
- Family pastor
- Sunday school administrator
- Youth pastor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Divinity degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Complete content for the M.Div. program 100% online or take advantage of optional on-campus intensives and meet your peers and professors while you gain valuable hands-on training.