Learn to Shepherd Children and Families with Our Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries Degree
Liberty University’s Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries degree online can help equip you with the credentials and training you need to work in the field of youth and family ministry. You will be exposed to a wide variety of topics and curriculum, including leadership, Christian theology and history, apologetics, and evangelism.
Additionally, this M.Div. degree program will focus on the foundations of youth and family ministry and allow you to understand the needs of young people. If you are a ministry professional with a desire to fulfill God’s calling on your life, our M.Div. in Youth and Family Ministries can help give you the tools you need to lead the next generation of pastors, youth leaders, teachers, businessmen and women, and more.
Today’s youth are in need of supportive, godly mentors who are capable of guiding young people through the trials they face on a daily basis. Many parents, who are often young people themselves, are also in need of mentorship.
At Liberty, we believe that solutions to historical and contemporary issues alike are found in God’s Word. Our Master of Divinity (M.Div.) in Youth and Family Ministries isn’t just made to help you navigate the Bible — it is designed to Train Champions for Christ who are capable of providing life-changing guidance to the parents and children who need the most support. Minister to parents and become a leader in youth ministry. Apply today!
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries Degree?
Liberty University’s core mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and the discipleship of youth and families is pivotal to our mission. By pursuing our 100% online 75-credit-hour program, you will have the freedom and flexibility to complete the degree at your own pace, in as little as 2 years. Additionally, you can be confident in pursuing this degree at Liberty University — one of the world’s largest Christian universities.
In this degree program, you can learn how to make spiritual formation attractive and translatable to youth culture. Further, this family and youth ministry online degree can teach you to equip parents with the knowledge and skills needed to raise their children. If you’re looking for a graduate-level online youth ministry degree that offers an in-depth study of the Christian faith, this degree may be for you.
What Are the Benefits of the M.Div. Online?
- The Master of Divinity is one of the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary programs available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most of their previous coursework can be transferred to the M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.*
- Liberty University’s seminary tuition offers a set block rate of $2,750 per semester when you take 9 to 15 credit hours.**
*Subject to transfer limits.
**Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity – Youth and Family Ministries Degree?
Through our Master of Divinity program, you will pursue advanced studies of biblical concepts, such as discipleship, intercultural engagement, homiletics, the Old and New Testament, hermeneutics, and church history. The professors in our online seminary school, the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, can help you understand biblical theology.
Our professors also offer guidance and mentorship that can help you succeed in your ministry career. Our Master of Divinity in Youth and Family Ministries includes training that is vital for future ministry leaders to effectively reach teenagers, families, and the church at large.
- YOUT 510 – Developing a Philosophy of Youth Ministry
- YOUT 520 – Organizing Youth Ministries
- YOUT 615 – Integrating Youth Ministry into the Home and Church
- YOUT 630 – Contextualization of Evangelism and Discipleship in Youth Ministry
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Master of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options in Youth and Family Ministries
- Church education administrator
- Family pastor
- Sunday school administrator
- Youth pastor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Divinity degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.