Extend Your Reach with Our Master of Divinity Online – Theology Degree
In an increasingly secular world, it is of the utmost importance for Christians to understand biblical truths and principles. Liberty University’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) online in theology will provide you with foundational knowledge in biblical concepts like leadership, discipleship, Old and New Testament studies, hermeneutics, and the Greek and Hebrew languages.
With a specialization in theology, you will learn about the development of Christian theology and doctrine and an in-depth study of churches and the final destination of humankind. Our M.Div. in Theology is ideal if you have a passion for God’s Word and desire the ability to effectively share the gospel and fulfill the Great Commission.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online – Theology Degree?
Liberty University is one of the nation’s largest Christian universities with a history of pioneering distance education in 1985 and evolving into the state-of-the-art online learning environment we now have. Between today’s technology and our commitment to reaching as many students as possible towards our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we are able to offer our Master of Divinity – Theology degree 100% online.
What Are the Benefits of the M.Div. Online?
- The Master of Divinity is the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary program available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most or all of their previous coursework will be transferred to the M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.
- Liberty’s masters in ministry degrees have received BestColleges.com’s award for Best Online Master’s in Ministry for 2018
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity Online – Theology Degree?
By pursuing one of Liberty University’s Master of Divinity online programs, you will experience in-depth coursework in hermeneutics, homiletics, theology, apologetics, and more. Our professors, who boast doctorate-level degrees and years of ministerial experience, will guide you through the curriculum offered through the Rawlings School of Divinity, our online seminary school.
Our Master of Divinity online in theology offers advanced studies in ecclesiology, church structure, eschatology, and a deep examination into the areas of theology that relate to death and the human soul. We invite you to look below at some of the courses in our Master of Divinity online in theology degree.
- CHHI 610 – Historical Development of Christian Theology
- THEO 620 – Ecclesiology
- THEO 626 – Doctrine of God
- THEO 630 – Eschatology
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- This program is 100% online with optional intensives.
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred to Liberty if approved.
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours)*
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Masters of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Our M.Div. in Theology
- Christian educator
- Curriculum director
- Instructional supervisor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- By earning your Master of Divinity online from a nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Complete content for the M.Div. program 100% online or take advantage of optional on-campus intensives and meet your peers and professors while you gain valuable hands-on training.