Extend Your Reach with Our Master of Divinity Online — Theology Degree
In an increasingly secular world, it is of the utmost importance for Christians to understand biblical truths and principles. Liberty University’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) online will provide you with foundational knowledge in biblical concepts like leadership, discipleship, Old and New Testament studies, hermeneutics, and the Greek and Hebrew languages.
With a specialization in theology, you will learn about the development of Christian theology and doctrine and pursue an in-depth study of the final destination of humankind. Our M.Div. in Theology is ideal if you have a passion for God’s Word and want the training to effectively share the gospel and fulfill the Great Commission.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online — Theology Degree?
Liberty University is one of the world’s largest Christian universities, has pioneered distance education since 1985, and has evolved into the state-of-the-art online learning environment we now have. Between today’s technology and our commitment to reaching as many students as possible towards our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we are able to offer our Master of Divinity — Theology degree 100% online.
What Are the Benefits of the M.Div. Online?
- The Master of Divinity is the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary program available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most or all of their previous coursework will be transferred to the M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.
- Liberty’s master’s in ministry degrees have received BestColleges.com’s award for Best Online Master’s in Ministry for 2019.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity Online — Theology Degree?
By pursuing one of Liberty University’s Master of Divinity online programs, you will experience in-depth coursework in hermeneutics, homiletics, theology, apologetics, and more. Our professors, who have doctoral degrees and years of ministerial experience, will guide you through the curriculum offered through the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, our online seminary school.
Our Master of Divinity online in theology offers advanced studies in ecclesiology, church structure, eschatology, and a deep examination into the areas of theology that relate to death and the human soul. We invite you to look below at some of the courses in our Master of Divinity online in theology degree.
- CHHI 610 – Historical Development of Christian Theology
- THEO 620 – Ecclesiology
- THEO 626 – Doctrine of God
- THEO 630 – Eschatology
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester — only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Master of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Our M.Div. in Theology
- Christian educator
- Curriculum director
- Instructional supervisor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Divinity in Theology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.