Extend Your Reach with Our Master of Divinity Online – Leadership Degree
As the largest religion in the world, Christianity influences lives every day. Christian ministries need godly leaders, pastors, and lay people to serve the growing needs of the Church. Do you believe this is this your calling? If so, Liberty University’s online Master of Divinity (M.Div.) Leadership degree will provide you with the knowledge and training you need to be an effective leader in ministry. You will be provided with foundational concepts in subjects like Old and New Testament studies, hermeneutics, discipleship, and an understanding of the Greek and Hebrew languages.
Additionally, you will be provided with courses focusing on leadership development, conflict resolution, and church planting. As a leader in ministry, our M.Div. in Leadership will allow you to broaden your scope of scriptural knowledge and the roles of a leader while simultaneously allowing you to continue serving in ministry.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online – Leadership Degree?
Liberty University’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ. Developing leaders, especially in ministry positions, is a key component of that mission. As someone who is interested in leadership within ministry roles, we understand you have professional, community, family, and ministry obligations to pursue. Every course in our Master of Divinity – Leadership degree is offered 100% online, so you can complete the program from the comfort of your home. You will also benefit from some of the lowest tuition rates in the nation, as well as block rates for full-time studies.
What Are the Benefits of the M.Div. Online?
- The Master of Divinity is the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary program available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most or all of their previous coursework will be transferred to the M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.
- Liberty’s online ministry master’s degrees have received BestColleges.com’s Best Online Master’s in Ministry award for 2018.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity Online – Leadership Degree?
As a Master of Divinity online student, you will experience a wide range of in-depth coursework in apologetics, church ministry, evangelism, homiletics, Old and New Testament, and theology. Through the Rawlings School of Divinity, our online seminary school, you will learn theoretical and practical core knowledge that will provide you with a balanced and fruitful learning experience.
Our Master of Divinity online degree with a specialization in leadership features dynamic courses to prepare you for executive responsibilities in a church or parachurch organization and teaches you how to think like a visionary in your pursuit of fulfilling the Great Commission. We invite you to take a look at some of our featured courses below.
- LEAD 520 – Life of Leaders
- LEAD 610 – Team Leadership and Conflict Resolution
- LEAD 620 – Mission, Vision and Strategic Planning
- LEAD 635 – Theology of Pastoral Ministry
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- This program is 100% online with optional intensives.
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred to Liberty if approved.
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours)*
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Masters of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Our M.Div. in Leadership
- Christian school counselor
- Church education administrator
- Sunday school administrator
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts, if available
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- By earning your Master of Divinity online from a nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Complete content for the M.Div. program 100% online, or take advantage of optional on-campus intensives and meet your peers and professors while you gain valuable hands-on training.