Learn to be an Effective Church Leader with Our Online Master of Divinity – Christian Ministries Degree
Do you feel called to a position of leadership or administration in a church or ministry setting? Liberty University’s online Master of Divinity in Christian Ministries degree will prepare you to serve as a leader in local church ministries, mission agencies, and community organizations throughout the world.
Our 75-hour degree program is offered 100% online, which means you can complete your college degree when convenient with your schedule. Throughout our Master of Divinity online in church ministries degree, you will study a wide variety of topics including an in-depth review of the Old and New Testaments, the Greek and Hebrew languages, expository teaching and preaching, and pastoral counseling. In addition, you will focus on small group ministries and church administration to better advance your current or future career in ministry.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online – Christian Ministries Degree?
Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, so you can rest assured that you will receive the support and training you need to be successful in your career at one of the world’s largest Christian universities in the country. We are passionate about teaching students how to lead and grow their ministry, and through our online seminary programs offered through the Rawlings School of Divinity, you can study leadership and church administration techniques with professors who have doctorates and years of experience in the ministry field.
You do not have to sacrifice quality for flexibility when you pursue our Christian ministries degree, as our Master of Divinity degrees can be completed 100% online. Our Master of Divinity program is among the most affordable M.Div. degree programs you will find, as we offer low tuition rates and specific block rates for those pursuing their degree full-time.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity Online – Christian Ministries Degree?
Our Master of Divinity online programs feature a wide variety of in-depth coursework ranging from the study of apologetics, church ministry, evangelism, and homiletics, to Old and New Testament study and theology. Our Christian ministries degree specialization provides a focused theoretical and practical training in the management and administration of faith-based organizations. Leadership, evangelism, counseling, and discipleship are also essential components of our online learning curriculum.
Upon completion of this degree, you will be prepared to pursue ministry with the necessary training and credentials you need to be successful. You will minister in diverse environments, train up disciples who can then train other disciples for Christ, and teach God’s Word with skill and passion.
- DSMN 630 – Small Group Ministries
- LEAD 505 – Church Administration
- THEO 650 – Ethics and Christian Ministry
- PACO 603 – Premarital and Marital Counseling
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- 100% Online
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred to Liberty if approved
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required)
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- The discounted tuition rate of $275 (per credit hour for part-time enrollment)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 (per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours!*)
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Masters of Divinity Online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the M.Div. Online Degree
- Senior Pastor
- Church Education Administrator
- Sunday School Administrator
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommendation Contact Information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- By earning your Master of Divinity online from a nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Complete content for the M.Div. program 100% online.