Liberty University’s M.Div. in Chaplaincy Program Provides Chaplain Training Online
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Divinity (M.Div.) in Chaplaincy will provide broad-based biblical and theological training needed for a variety of ministry settings. If you are seeking a chaplain certification online, Liberty’s M.Div. in Chaplaincy program is an excellent way to gain the knowledge needed to further your ministry! An M.Div. degree in chaplaincy is designed to help you provide emotional and spiritual support to help both believers and non-believers heal and grow. Our mission is to develop Christ-centered men and women to be Champions for Christ with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for impacting the world. We are proud to partner with you through an M.Div. in Chaplaincy program to give you the training you need!
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards. So you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Chaplain Training Online?
Liberty University’s M.Div. online chaplaincy program provides a flexible way to gain the knowledge and skills needed to better meet your current ministry challenges or pursue a full-time role in ministry leadership. Our chaplaincy degree is designed to help prepare you for chaplaincy ministry in Christian ministry and help you qualify for the unique opportunities for chaplains in secular institutions, businesses, college campuses, sports organizations, and for first responders. Liberty can help you achieve your desired goal through a faculty of seasoned professionals and excellent academics that are designed to equip you for success.
If you are interested in our Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy online program and have graduated with an accredited seminary degree, you may be able to transfer courses into Liberty’s M.Div. program.
What Will You Learn in Our Chaplain Training Online?
Chaplains must be spiritually grounded to minister within military, healthcare, and community chaplain settings. Our online chaplain training will equip you with an in-depth study of Scripture, biblical leadership principles and strategies, and the essential doctrines of the Christian faith so you can efficiently meet the diverse spiritual needs in your workplace. With classes in crisis counseling, leadership, and discipleship, our chaplaincy program can prepare you to be a biblically sound spiritual leader.
You will have the opportunity to take part in an internship and practicum to gain practical hands-on training for observation and practice of various chaplain ministry skills. With the extensive chaplain training and real-world experience our online M.Div. chaplaincy program offers, you can graduate confident in your career prospects!
- CHPL 598 – Spiritual and Professional Development of the Chaplain
- CHPL 615 – Chaplain Ethics for Advisement and Pastoral Care
- LEAD 510 – Biblical Foundations of Leadership
- NBST 610 – Hermeneutics
Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our chaplaincy program has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete our Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy degree program in as little as 2 years!
- You will study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience! Experience Liberty’s cutting-edge online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
Similar Degree Options
Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy Degree Program Information
- The chaplaincy program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- You may download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
M.Div. in Chaplaincy Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Divinity are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options with Chaplain Training Online
- Corporate chaplain
- Hospital/fire/police chaplain
- Military chaplain
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact information for one pastoral recommender
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.