Follow Your Calling with a Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics Online
C.S. Lewis once said, “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” Studying apologetics will provide you the means through reasoned arguments and evidence-based investigation so that you may see the meaning of Lewis’ words first-hand.
Liberty University’s master’s degree in Christian apologetics is a 100% online degree program. Our online apologetics courses will provide you with the philosophical, historical, and biblical knowledge to defend the truth-claims of Christianity. Through our apologetics courses, you will pursue a deeper understanding of Scripture and culture for ministry.
What is Christian Apologetics?
Christian apologetics is the study and research of historical, evidential, and reasonable facts to defend Christian theology. In studying Christian apologetics, you will not only look to the Bible but also strive to find outside sources that reinforce the authenticity of the teachings that are found therein. Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics strives to uphold this pursuit by ensuring that each apologetics course has a rich foundation in biblical principles.
You will have opportunities to grow intellectually and spiritually through the exploration of hermeneutics, studying miracles within the Bible, and the history of Christian apologetics. Follow in the footsteps of great apologists such as Lee Strobel, C.S. Lewis, and our own Gary Habermas to explain and defend the truth found in the Bible.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics Thesis Track?
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics was created to provide quality education for those who desire to enter Christian ministry. This degree also provides the foundational training for those who might wish to pursue doctoral studies in the future. Liberty’s 100% online master’s degree in Christian apologetics is an excellent next step in your education and can be used to further your current or future ministry.
Become a leader who has an in-depth knowledge of the Bible and the ability to explain the meanings and life lessons found therein. If you are currently serving in a ministry-related career then you need the flexibility and structure that an online degree offers. With a master’s degree in Christian apologetics, you can better understand the Scriptures to effectively identify false doctrine and defend biblical teachings. For the Gospel to be understood, it must be clearly communicated. Liberty University is proud to partner with you through an online degree as you prepare for a lifetime of effective ministry.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics Thesis Track?
Christian apologists must be able to defend the Bible with confidence and intelligence. Liberty University’s master’s degree in Christian apologetics provides the in-depth training in core areas of apologetics you need to prepare you for the challenges that will arise in ministry. Through an exploration of the Old and New Testaments, you will study complex and fascinating topics such as miracles, the history of biblical interpretation, and the intersection between faith and reason.
Clearly and accurately interpreting the Bible and presenting that information to a congregation or Bible study is a very important skill set for a ministry leader. You will not only learn how to interpret the Bible in the degree program but also how new discoveries can help create a better translation of the Scriptures. With in-depth theological studies and a thorough grasp of doctrine, you can navigate the complex world of biblical translation with wisdom.
If you pursue the thesis track of our master’s in Christian apologetics degree, you will develop a thesis proposal, conduct research, and defend your thesis. If you are thinking of pursuing doctoral studies, this experience can be invaluable. In addition, your thesis project can be published and made available to the public, which will strengthen your position as an expert in the apologetics field.
- APOL 550 – Faith and Reason
- APOL 610 – Miracles
- NBST 610 – Hermeneutics
- OBST 640 – Apologetics and the Old Testament
M.A. in Christian Apologetics Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Syllabi (login required).
- A non-thesis track is available to interested students.
Military Benefits for our Christian Apologetics Degree
Are you an Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics
- Associate Pastor
- Campus Minister
- Youth Pastor
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Divinity Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for one Pastoral Recommender
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics – Thesis Track
- By earning your master’s degree in Christian apologetics from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for our School of Divinity’s master’s degrees has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty’s online ministry master’s degrees have received BestColleges.com’s “Best Online Master’s in Ministry” award for 2018.
- Receive quality education from some of the world’s leading evangelical professors.
- Build upon core values, knowledge, and skills needed to serve the community as a spiritual leader.
- Completion of your thesis will give you a good foundation if you choose to pursue a doctorate at a later date.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics – Non-Thesis Track – This version of the M.A. in christian apologetics does not require a thesis project and instead provides additional topics of in-depth theological and apologetics study.
- Master of Arts in Religion (MAR) – This master’s in religious studies online degree program combines essential communication and writing skills with a thorough study of Scripture and essential truths of the Christian faith.
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.) – Liberty’s divinity online ministry degree seeks to prepare students for continual studies in divinity through an in-depth and well-rounded curriculum designed to address the areas of Christianity, ministry, discipleship, and administration.