Discover Innovative Outreach Methods with a Master’s in Strategic Communications
Do you love bringing people together? Do you thrive at setting and meeting purposeful goals? Do you want to use communication to better the world?
If so, Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication might be the degree for you. This program can prepare you for an exciting, rewarding career in the field of communications.
With our online master’s in strategic communications, you can learn how to carry out marketing campaigns across many platforms, including social media, video, and mobile. In addition, your classes will teach you how to craft compelling messages and how to keep up with the ever-changing world of digital communications.
Our master’s in strategy will help you reach audiences in a way that both informs and persuades. Complete our master’s degree in strategic communications and gain the tools you need to serve in a variety of business, nonprofit, and public service roles.
What is Strategic Communication?
Social media, video marketing, advertising, and public relations are all avenues of communication that make up the world of strategic communications. At its core, strategic communications focuses on reaching a target audience in order to meet an organizational or business objective. This growing, evolving field combines many different outreach methods to help a company achieve its goals.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree?
Liberty University’s strategic communications master’s program can prepare you to meet your career goals and find your niche in the communications industry. With this degree, you can gain marketable skills that will help you succeed as a communications professional.
At Liberty, you will receive practical, in-depth training that will help you apply your knowledge to the real world. When you complete this master’s, you’ll learn how to create effective messaging that will compel your audience and fulfill your company’s goals and communication needs.
Businesses, nonprofits, and agencies in every industry need talented professionals who can reach audiences in a way that resonates and persuades. Our master’s in strategic communications can help increase your marketability and prepare you for a wide range of career options.
Liberty’s M.A. in Strategic Communication offers many benefits that are designed to help give you an edge over your competition:
- Our master’s communication degree includes industry-specialized training that can help you gain full-time employment in the communications field.
- You will build a professional portfolio designed to demonstrate your utility and expertise to future employers.
- You will learn cutting-edge information about using digital marketing campaigns to help organizations reach an ever-growing global market.
- You can gain practical, hands-on experience in communications and prepare for future doctoral studies.
- With Liberty, it may only take you 1.5 years to get a master’s in communications.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s Degree in Strategic Communication?
In this master’s program, you will learn how to blend traditional communication strategies with the latest trends in digital media. Your classes will consist of hands-on projects that can help you grasp many important concepts that apply to the real world of communications. For instance, you will learn about the theories that govern successful marketing initiatives, how to turn these theories into practical, step-by-step campaigns, and how to evaluate the results of a campaign.
In addition, you will study how to use storytelling techniques, how to optimize digital communication methods, and how to create social media and video promotions. You’ll also learn how to conduct communications campaigns using various media platforms and communication methods. With this graduate degree, you can gain the skills you need to reach and persuade many types of audiences.
- STCO 534 — Strategic Media Analysis
- STCO 546 — Effective Social Media
- STCO 622 — Strategic Organizational Communication
- STCO 639 — Transmedia Storytelling
Highlights of Liberty’s Online M.A. in Strategic Communication Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.A. in Strategic Communication degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for the online master’s in strategic communications degree has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Complete in-depth courses that emphasize the principles and practices you need to succeed in a variety of strategic communications careers.
- Become a Champion for Christ and learn how to integrate your faith into the workplace.
- Develop expertise in digital communication and marketing so that you can help your organization grow in the modern digital age.
- Be equipped to lead marketing teams in working on complex outreach campaigns.
- Learn from experienced faculty who have years of professional and marketplace experience.
- Gain communications training that includes real-world knowledge and hands-on work.
Online Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Guides for more information about specific course content (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with a Master’s Degree in Strategic Communication?
Our online master’s in strategic communications can prepare you for high-level roles in marketing, digital advertising, and project management. You can also pursue roles in traditional marketing, especially with employers who are seeking to adapt to digital marketing.
Here are some of the career fields that may be available to you:
- Business marketing
- College or university faculty
- Communication analysis
- Communications managing/directing
- Corporate communications
- Public relations consulting
Admission Requirements for the Online M.A. in Strategic Communication Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.