Share Your Message with the World Using Liberty University’s Online Communications Master’s Degree
Communication touches every part of our lives — from interpersonal communication with friends and family to professional communication used in the workplace. With communication, we exchange ideas, inspire our peers, and foster change. And in an increasingly connected world, it has never been more important to clearly and persuasively present your message. With most digital channels, you will have just seconds to get your point across.
Pursuing an online communications master’s degree from Liberty can help you master the art of communicating in both personal and professional settings.
Our 100% online M.A. in Communication degree focuses on the factors shaping communication today. Your courses will explore the presence of social media and the impact of brand storytelling, as well as the need for intercultural and donor relations. Dive into topics like these with our communication master’s degree program and gain communication strategies that you can use to engage in today’s ever-changing conversations.
Liberty University’s communications degree can help prepare you to solve problems in any industry by integrating communication theory into professional practice. Liberty’s online master’s in communication can equip you to be a strong leader and meet the needs of companies, clients, and communities.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Master’s in Communication?
Do you dream of launching a new career in public relations, advertising, or journalism? Are you looking to advance in your current career by developing stronger communication skills? Whether you want to go further in your current position or jumpstart a new career in communications, Liberty’s master’s in communication can help you stand out to employers.
Liberty’s core courses explore major communication theories for small group, corporate, and intercultural communication. You can then learn how to apply these theories to real-world, practical scenarios so you can capture the attention of any audience.
In addition, a master’s degree in communications from Liberty can give you practical, hands-on experience. You can create public relations and advertising campaigns, build marketing and business briefs, and practice planning donor events for nonprofits. You will also learn vital research and writing processes. By combining theory and praxis, you can be ready to succeed as a professional communicator.
With our flexible, 100% online format, you have the ability to pursue your master’s in communication while staying involved in your family, job, and community life. And by studying under our dedicated faculty, you can learn from their real-world knowledge and understand how to apply your Christian faith to situations in the workplace. Our unique blend of theory, application, and faith make Liberty’s online master’s in communication a great choice for your graduate studies.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Master’s in Communication Degree?
- Completing Liberty University’s communications degree online can help improve your employment opportunities in communications or administration fields.
- In the online master’s in communication degree, you can build a professional portfolio with hand-selected projects relevant to your current work or desired career.
- Your written, spoken, live, and recorded communications skills can make you more marketable to businesses.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Communication Degree?
With Liberty’s online communications master’s degree, you can learn how to effectively communicate within an organization and to a target audience in our modern world. You can also explore how factors like culture, heritage, and media affect communication.
Liberty University’s communications degree can help you construct effective messaging and content. You can learn how to craft branding that reaches today’s audience using tactics in storytelling and social media. Not only that, but you can also grow in your ability to manage and motivate your employees as a strong leader.
While some communication master’s degree programs make you choose between theory and application, our M.A. in Communication offers students a combination of the two. By doing so, Liberty’s master’s in communication online can help you understand how people work and how to develop effective strategies to reach them.
Another important element of our online degree is research and writing development. Within our master’s in communication, you can learn how to use research to develop insights into promotion and marketing situations. You can then apply that insight to strategic solutions for organizations of all kinds.
Some of the other core concepts students learn in our online master’s in communication include:
- Theories of small group, corporate, and global communication
- Communication strategies for conflict resolution
- Methods for effectively persuading and connecting with your target audience
- How to handle communicating crises to a target audience
- Effective communication strategy for work scenarios, including conferences, meetings, celebrations, and programs for community outreach
- Effective storytelling that connects with consumer emotions and creates brand identity in for-profit, nonprofit, and ministry organizations
- Integrated marketing communication strategies to promote consistency in brand identity and messaging
- Methods for using social media platforms to connect with audiences and develop effective digital communication
- Successful communication within organizations when managing employees, motivating employees, developing teams, and managing stress
- Advertising and public relations tactics for successful mass communication
Highlights of Our Online Master’s in Communication Degree Program
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Our online master’s in communication degree is ranked in the top 10 for Online Master’s Degrees in Communications according to AffordableColleges.com.
- By earning a master’s in communication degree, you can be equipped with the practical skills and hands-on experience to prepare you for careers in integrated marketing and mass communication.
- Be better equipped for leadership roles with conflict resolution and interpersonal relations skills for professional environments.
- Learn from experienced faculty who bring years of experience to the online classroom.
Online Master’s in Communication Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides for information about specific course content (login required).
Online Master’s in Communication Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and assist you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with an Online Master’s in Communication Degree
You may be wondering what you can do with a master’s in communication.
A master’s in communication online can help prepare you for leadership roles in business, nonprofit, and public service fields. With an education from Liberty, you are qualified for master’s in communication jobs such as:
- Advertising and public relations director
- Business marketing specialist
- Communication analyst
- Communications manager/director
- Corporate communications manager
- Public relations consultant
- Undergraduate professor
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Communication Master’s Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.