Add Credentials to Your Natural Talent with a Degree in Graphic Design Online
You are at your best when you’re creating. There’s nothing better than seeing an idea come to life – and that’s what you’re good at! But why limit your creative outlets to just a hobby? Earning an online art degree can help you refine your natural talent and turn it into your profession, so you can pursue a career doing what you love.
With visual communication becoming more and more interactive, the need for graphic designers is growing. Companies need designers who are passionate about what they do to create compelling content for their audiences. It takes skill and practice to create beautiful websites, marketing campaigns, and an overall seamless user experience.
Take your skills further as you create a portfolio of vector illustration, advanced typography, and 21st century-style artwork. With a graphic design degree, you can become extremely marketable to agencies and businesses looking for skilled graphic designers.
If you are looking for a way to prepare for a career in design, look no further. Liberty’s 100% online bachelor’s degree in graphic design seeks to provide the hands-on style of learning you’ll need to succeed.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graphic Design Online Degree?
We understand that earning a bachelor’s degree is an investment – so finding the right online graphic design degree is important! When you choose Liberty, you can be confident that you are being trained for your career under faculty that care.
Our professors are degreed, experienced graphic design industry leaders who are passionate about their craft. They understand what you’ll need to know in order to succeed. As a result, you will complete coursework centered on practical field applications you can use outside of the classroom.
Gain hands-on, practical experience
Choosing Liberty also means training and experiencing the job before you enter the workforce. With our online graphic design courses, you will complete a hands-on practicum and internship hours. Graphic design internships are one of the best ways to bridge the gap between earning a college degree and finding a job.
Our graphic design online degree students are required to work under the supervision of a degreed graphic design professional for practicum and internship experiences. This ensures that you receive the highest level of training – imagine walking away with not only a graphic arts degree but with an impressive résumé and recommendation letter. After graduating, many students are able to receive a full-time job with the same company they interned with!
So is a graphic design degree worth it?
The graphic design industry is competitive. In order to stand out, you will need a way to show that you are better than the competition. That’s where a graphic arts degree can help!
By improving your natural talent, a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design can make you more marketable to potential employers. All of your graphic design coursework will culminate in a final project before you graduate. The skills you learn will be displayed in a completed portfolio you can use to pursue your dream job.
What Will You Learn in Our Graphic Design Classes Online?
Learning how to communicate visually is vital to connecting with people in ever-evolving digital environments. With so many companies competing for attention in this space, your ability to grab the attention of your target is incredibly valuable. Our online graphic design degree can help you use color, font, and images to evoke a response from your audience.
In order to gain this skill, our graphic design courses focus on developing your ability to create artwork digitally. You will have access to the entire Adobe Creative Suite, which includes industry-standard software like Photoshop and InDesign.
Throughout your BFA online classes, you will receive feedback from peers and professors for each of your design projects. By mirroring the constructive critique you receive in the workplace, Liberty’s online graphic design degree can help you refine your skills and prepare you for your career.
Additionally, you will explore the history of art so you can understand how your pieces fit within the evolution of artwork as a whole. By looking at artistic developments, you can build your own unique, modern skill set for the current graphic design field.
Our online graphic design program is designed to challenge and equip you with the knowledge and in-demand skills needed to thrive in this fast-paced industry. Whether your goal is to work in communications, design, or publishing, Liberty’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design can help you meet the demand for skilled designers with your expertise in the latest trends and software.
Featured Online Graphic Design Courses
- ARTS 201 – History of Art I
- ARTS 222 – Introduction to Graphic Design
- ARTS 342 – Digital Imaging
- ARTS 352 – Graphic Design I
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design Online Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
- In this graphic design degree, you will receive hands-on training through a 30-hour practicum and a 180-hour internship.
Military Benefits for the Graphic Design Online Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Careers with a Degree in Graphic Design Online
Wondering where a graphic design degree can take you? Earning a graphic design degree online can help prepare you for a variety of creative roles. Imagine working in a studio with other like-minded designers, creating 3-D illustrations, wedding invitations, or even websites and video games.
The skill set you gain through a graphic arts degree can help you prepare for almost any role in the world of digital design. With Liberty’s BFA online, you can walk away prepared to land positions like:
- Art director
- Copy editor
- Multimedia artist and animator
- Publication editor
- Web developer
Highlights of Liberty’s Graphic Design Online Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can experience a challenging and rewarding curriculum through graphic design online courses and have access to Adobe Creative Cloud products like Photoshop and InDesign.
- The portfolio project in this degree can become an invaluable promotional tool to help you secure a job in the graphic design industry.
- The on-the-job training can receive in this degree program can help equip you better market yourself, land interviews, and receive job offers.
- Developing a professional network is also a positive outcome of earning a graphic design online degree. By connecting with peers, alumni, and your instructors, you will have a broad network of design professionals who can support and guide you.
Admission Requirements for the Online Graphic Design Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.