Turn Your Creativity into a Career with Liberty’s Digital Design – Graphic Design Degree
If you love being creative, you want to choose a degree that can turn that passion into a career! At Liberty, we offer a degree that can help you develop the skills you need to do just that. Whether you are brand new to this exciting field, or you’re a seasoned designer looking to take the next step in your career, a BS in Digital Design – Graphic Design from Liberty can help you pursue your goals!
We created this online graphic design program as a response to the increasingly digital nature of the world − we want to equip you to meet the need for graphic designers with skills in website design, logo design, and more. At Liberty University, we want to partner with you as you take the next step in your graphic design career.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graphic Design Online Degree?
We understand your need for a quality education that’s both convenient and affordable. That’s why we offer a graphic design degree that’s available 100% online with no set login times. You can earn your degree from the comfort of home. Additionally, you can complete our online graphic arts degree in as little as 3.5 years! With the online flexibility and convenience that Liberty offers, you can remain invested in your family, career, and community as you take your graphic design courses.
At Liberty, our graphic design classes are taught by faculty who are not only professional graphic designers and artists but who also have advanced degrees in related fields and years of experience. Our professors are eager to partner with you as you pursue a career in graphic design. Furthermore, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
What Will You Learn in Our Graphic Design Classes Online?
In this program, you’ll take foundational courses in English, math, science, and Christian thought to ensure you receive a well-rounded education. As you move into the core part of your major, you will begin by taking typography and vector design courses where you can learn about the building blocks of graphic design, techniques for creating and implementing fonts, and the basics of vector imaging.
Additionally, you will take courses in marketing, digital drafting, and several other essential areas that are part of the graphic design major. You will study industry best practices, photography, and 2D and 3D design so that you can walk away as a well-rounded creator who is equipped to handle a wide range of graphic design needs.
What separates Liberty from many graphic design schools online is the fact that our curriculum is taught from a Christian worldview. As you take graphic design courses, you can learn how you as a creator can impact the world for Christ – all while preparing to take the next step in your career.
Featured Online Graphic Design Courses
- ARTS 332 – Vector Illustration
- ARTS 342 – Digital Imaging
- ARTS 424 – Advanced Typography
- ARTS 477 – Interactive Design I
Online Graphic Design Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
- You will receive hands-on training through a 90-hour practicum and a 180-hour internship.
Military Benefits for Our Online Graphic Design Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Graphic Design Bachelor’s Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our online graphic design bachelor’s degree, you may be more qualified to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Digital design specialist
- Graphic designer
- Production artist
Highlights of Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Digital Design – Graphic Design Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You may be eligible to earn additional college credit through relevant life experience.
- The majority of our digital design courses are offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
- Hone your skills and apply what you’ve learned with a culminating practicum and internship!
- As a student in our online graphic design program, you can access a wide variety of online resources through Liberty’s research portal.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graphic Design Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.