Learn How to Creatively Contribute to Digital Media Platforms with Liberty’s BS in Digital Design – Media Design Degree
Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Digital Design – Media Design can help you combine effective design techniques with best practices in digital media and advertising. In this program, you’ll receive a mix of specialized industry knowledge and hands-on experience. The practicum and internship provide valuable opportunities for you to put your skills to the test in the professional workplace.
With this digital media design degree online, you won’t just learn how to use graphic design tools — you’ll also take strategic communication classes that can teach you how to work with digital promotion technologies, social media platforms, and more! By studying important aspects of art, communication, and digital media, you can gain a broad skill set — one that is well-suited to help meet organizational needs in the modern digital age.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Media and Design Program?
At Liberty, we seek to train up leaders of integrity who can serve with excellence in their field. That’s why we offer 100% online courses, a curriculum that is rooted in biblical truth, and expert instruction from industry professionals. With our BS in Digital Design – Media Design program, you can complete your coursework from the comfort of home — so you won’t have to put your life on hold to pursue your goals.
Maybe you’re a digital media design professional seeking new job opportunities, or perhaps you’re hoping to launch a career in this field for the first time. You may even be looking to build your portfolio so you can highlight your best work and visually display your accomplishments for both job and graduate school applications! No matter what your goals are, our media design degree can help you gain the knowledge, values, and skills you need to fulfill your unique calling.
Earn your degree in digital media design from a school committed to your success. Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can rest assured that our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements. By choosing Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility.
What Will You Learn as a Digital Media Design Major?
This digital design degree online was created to help you understand how art, design, and communication can be used to create meaningful narratives for a variety of audiences. Throughout the program, you’ll study essential aspects of 2D and 3D design, art history, and graphic design. You’ll also examine the connection between art, culture, and technology. By completing a practicum and an internship, you can gain hands-on experience that can help you stand out to employers.
Within the media design specialization, you’ll dive into typography, vector illustration, digital imaging, and interactive design. Additionally, you can learn about the tools used to create mobile and desktop web content. Our goal is to help you effectively engage your target audience — no matter the platform.
Some of the other topics you’ll study include:
- Communication theories for social media marketing
- Integrated marketing communication tools
- Methods for advertising and branding an organization
- Strategic uses of social media to promote organizational growth
- Techniques for producing short-form interactive content as well as professional-grade audio and video messages
- The role of advertising, image-making, public relations, and promotion in strategic social media
- ARTS 319 – Mobile and Interactive Technology Applications
- STCO 289 – Digital Promotion Technologies and Application
- STCO 346 – Persuasive Advertising and Storytelling
- STCO 348 – Strategic Social Media
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Digital Design and Media Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Throughout this program, you’ll have the opportunity to network with digital media and design professionals from across the country.
- You can earn your BS in Digital Design – Media Design degree in as little as 3.5 years!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Graduate with a professional portfolio that can be used for employment and business opportunities.
BS in Digital Design – Media Design Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
- You will receive hands-on training through a 90-hour practicum and a 180-hour internship.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Media and Design Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Digital Media Design Majors
- Digital graphic artist
- Digital interface designer
- Multimedia designer
- Social media specialist
- Web developer
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Digital Design Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.