Discover Innovative Outreach Methods with a Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master’s in Strategic Communication degree helps you gain a thorough understanding of today’s digital and traditional marketing strategies and how to utilize the most effective media outreach tools in a way that effectively speaks to your target market. Through the online Master’s in Strategic Communication degree you will learn to wield today’s major players in markets such as video, mobile, and social media while learning the dynamics of leading a marketing team in the business, non-profit, and public service roles.
What is Strategic Communication?
Promotions, social media, video marketing, advertising, and public relations are all avenues of communications and all focus on reaching a target audience to meet a business or organizational goal. These individual outreach options need to be balanced for specific needs and industries to give the best return on resources.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree?
Whether you set out intending to become a marketing outreach professional or you suddenly find yourself in the role of organizing marketing campaigns, the online Master’s in Strategic Communication degree will provide the in-depth study and practice of communication tools and best practices you need to help you succeed. The Master’s in Strategic Communication degree equips you with the training needed to create action-oriented messaging that compel the right audience toward the right solutions for your organization’s goals.
Businesses, non-profits, agencies, and organizations across all industries are looking for individuals that can lead the charge to find the best communication strategy to reach that intended audience in a way that resonates and persuades.
- Completing a communication degree with industry-specialized training will help increase administrative and communications-focused employment opportunities for you.
- You will build a professional portfolio designed to prove your utility and expertise with hand-selected projects relevant to your current work or desired career.
- You will learn cutting-edge information about digital and social media marketing campaigns that help organizations reach an ever-growing global market.
- The online Master’s in Strategic Communication’s final challenge examination or project will demonstrate your expertise to potential employers and provide a hands-on, practical application your communication strategies training.
- Completing the online Master’s in Strategic Communication will open the door to future doctoral studies focused on practical applications of communication.
What Will You Learn in our Online Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree?
Liberty University’s online Master’s in Strategic Communication degree is designed to help students retool traditional communication strategies skills for the latest in digital outreach methods. The core content of the Strategic Communication Master’s Degree leads students through hands-on digital communications projects that will give them important insights into the communication theory behind successful marketing and outreach. Students will learn effective Strategic Storytelling techniques that will help them craft effective messaging for their audiences, as well as best practices for specific digital communication methods, such as Social Media and Video promotions. Students will learn the impact of creating broad campaigns across multiple media and how a combination of individual communication methods can create a greater overall impact.
The online Master’s in Strategic Communication degree course of study will conclude with either a Challenge Examination designed to test your knowledge and practical problem-solving skills or a Capstone Project which will be a formalized project with academically-focused research.
- STCO 546 – Effective Social Media
- STCO 622 – Strategic Organizational Communication
- STCO 534 – Strategic Media Analysis
- STCO 639 – Transmedia Storytelling
Highlights of the Master’s in Strategic Communication Online Degree
- By earning your Master’s in Strategic Communication degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for the Master’s in Strategic Communication degree has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Complete in-depth courses that emphasize the principles and practices needed to succeed in a variety of strategic communication careers.
- Develop expertise in digital communication and marketing so that you can help your organization grow in a digital age.
- Become better equipped for administrative roles for marketing teams working on complex outreach campaigns.
- Learn from our experienced faculty who bring years of professional and marketplace experience to the classroom with real-world knowledge and hands-on work to your communications training.
Online Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Communication and Digital Content.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi for more information about specific course content (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- The discounted tuition rate of $275 per credit hour at part-time
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as an First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Online Master’s in Strategic Communication Degree Graduates
Students who complete the online Master’s in Strategic Communication will prepare you for high-level marketing and digital advertisement roles, marketing project management roles, and higher education. The Challenge Examination or Capstone Project can form the basis for doctoral research, or open the door to publishing opportunities. Students who complete the Master’s in Strategic Communication will also be relevant in traditional marketing roles, especially where employers are seeking to retool for digital marketing.
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Business Marketing
- Communication Analyst
- Communications Manager/Director
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations Consulting
Admission Requirements for the Online MA Strategic Communications Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.