Enhance Your Professional Impact with Our Online Master’s in Communication Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Communication degree is designed to give you the interpersonal and professional communication tools needed to maximize your leadership, management, and powerful impact in business, nonprofit, and public service roles. Liberty’s online communication degree integrates communication theory and professional practice to help you critically analyze and apply communication theory so that you can solve various problems in your industry. By combining the practical knowledge needed to be a well-rounded communication professional, you can be better equipped to handle the diverse communicative needs of companies, clients, and communities.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Communication Degree?
Many professionals find that while they are experienced and capable in their jobs, they lack the critical skills needed to stand out. Many others see that they have been thrust into the spotlight because of that experience and excellence only to discover that they were never trained to be an effective communicator. Liberty University’s online master’s in communication degree is designed to meet those needs, turning students into communication experts so that they can be confident in their roles as persuasive, personal, and influential communicators.
With a communication degree, you will be trained in the research, writing, and presentation process, so that you can meet the demanding responsibilities of being a professional communicator. If you are trying to branch out of your current role to a more front-facing one, or are trying to meet the requirements for a promotion, Liberty’s online M.A. in Communication can provide a marketable and reliable credential.
What are the Benefits of the Online Master’s in Communication Degree?
- Completing a communication degree with industry-specialized training will help improve administrative and communications-focused employment opportunities.
- In the online master’s in communication degree, you will build a professional portfolio designed to prove your utility and expertise, with hand-selected projects relevant to your current work or desired career.
- Learning to be a resource for business and marketing needs in written, spoken, live and recorded communications will make you more marketable and useful in your current role.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Communication Degree?
Through the online master’s in communication, you will explore how culture, worldview, heritage, and media alter communication among individuals and teams while constructing effective messaging and content. Our M.A. in Communication combines theory and specialized communication tools to help you be more effective in creating powerful marketing and business briefs, as well as help you plan events for important donors in nonprofit environments.
Your courses will not only help you professionally but personally as well. Subjects like Conflict Analysis and Resolution allow you to look inward at your own conflict style. With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, Liberty encourages our professors to tie biblical applications into all the coursework. You can benefit from industry best practices taught by faculty with years of experience who bring a biblical worldview into light throughout your studies.
- COMS 560 – Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- COMS 624 – Intercultural Communication
- STCO 526 – Strategic Storytelling
- STCO 546 – Effective Social Media
Highlights of Our Online Master’s in Communication Degree Program
- By earning your M.A. in Communication degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Our online master’s in communication degree is ranked in the top 5 for “Most Affordable Online Master’s Degrees in Communications” according to AffordableColleges.com
- Be better equipped for administrative roles with conflict resolution and interpersonal relations skills for professional environments.
- Learn from our experienced master’s in communication degree faculty who bring years of professional and marketplace experience to the classroom with real-world knowledge and hands-on work to your communications training.
Online Master’s in Communication Degree Information and Requirements
- Visit the School of Communication and Digital Content for more information about faculty and department resources.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the Graduate Communication and Digital Content Course Syllabi for more information about specific course content (login required).
Online Master’s in Communication Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and assist you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times.
Potential Career Options with an Online Master’s in Communication Degree
- Advertising and Public Relations Director
- Business Marketing Specialist
- Communication Analyst
- Communications Manager/Director
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Public Relations Consultant
- Undergraduate Professor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.