Explore the World of Tourism and Hospitality Management by Earning a Master’s in Sports Management – Tourism Degree
Do you want to start your career or become more well-versed in the tourism and hospitality industry? Liberty’s online sports management degree in tourism provides training in the world of tourism and travel management. Throughout this master’s degree, you will gain foundational knowledge in sport and tourism culture, business, community relations, legal issues, ethics, marketing, hospitality, and event planning so you’ll be ready to take on a career in business and the consumer side of tourism. You will also participate in an internship to help you break into the industry.
Liberty’s online sports management master’s degree in tourism will prepare you for a career in tourism management while helping you understand how to be successful in this field. The best part is you can graduate in 2 years or less while maintaining your family and professional life commitments because this program is online and is flexible enough to fit with your lifestyle. Whether you are a former or current travel enthusiast, looking for a new career, or want to advance your career in tourism management, our online sports management master’s degree is for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Sports Management – Tourism Degree?
Do you love the travel and tourism industry and enjoy taking on leadership roles? Our online sports management master’s in tourism is the right degree for you! Our non-thesis track for the online master’s in sports management degree with a specialization in tourism gives you an opportunity to gain real-world experience through a practical internship, so you can break into the tourism, hospitality, or sports industries. Along the way, you will refine your management skills and impact the knowledge about emerging trends in sports management and tourism.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and our online sports management master’s degrees are accredited by the Commission on Sports Management Accreditation (COSMA). You will not just gain a credible education — you will also enjoy learning about the growing fields of hospitality, tourism, and sports management.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s in Sports Management – Tourism Degree
- Increased job opportunities in the fields of tourism, hospitality, and sports administration
- The professors teaching the courses in this degree have years of real-world experience
- Convenient 8-week, 100% online courses
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Science in Sports Management – Tourism Degree?
Prepare yourself for the educational adventure of a lifetime with our master’s in sports management – tourism online courses. Our team of dedicated, trained professors will immerse you in a foundational curriculum where you will learn about social issues, ethics, and legal challenges.
Our Master of Science in Sports Management — Tourism features both non-thesis and thesis options. Each of these tracks provides pivotal tourism marketing and event planning classes so you will graduate knowing how to be a professional in tourism-related enterprises.
- The thesis option presents you with an opportunity to expound upon the scholastic bedrock developed in your core curriculum.
- The non-thesis track offers you practical application to exercise your sports management knowledge with an internship in the sports industry.
- TOUR 601 — Current Issues and Theories for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- TOUR 602 — Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Strategy
- TOUR 603 — Sport and Event Tourism Planning and Impacts
Master of Science in Sports Management — Tourism Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online M.S. in Sports Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Translate your passion for tourism, hospitality, and event planning to a profession and gain greater fulfillment or advancement in your career.
- Complete a hands-on, practical internship that will help you apply your skills and knowledge to the real-world tourism field of business.
Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Explore the M.S. Sports Management — Tourism (Non-Thesis) Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Options with an M.S. in Sports Management — Tourism
A degree in sports management — tourism can open the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic event planner
- Event planner
- Hotel management
- International tour guide
- Travel agent
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Sports Management — Tourism (Non-Thesis)
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.