Explore the World of Tourism and Hospitality Management by Earning a Master’s in Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis) Degree!
Do you want to learn more about or start a career in the tourism and hospitality industry? Liberty’s online sports management degree in tourism provides training in the world of tourism and travel management. The non-thesis track for the online sports management master’s degree with a tourism area of study will give you the foundational knowledge in sport and tourism culture, business, community relations, legal issues, ethics, marketing, hospitality, and event planning that you’ll need to look at the business and consumer side of tourism. You will also have a hands-on internship that will help you break into the industry!
With our online master’s in sports management degree with a specialization in tourism, you will be equipped to succeed as a professionally trained leader in sports management and tourism. Liberty’s online sports management master’s degree in tourism will prepare you for a career in tourism management while helping you understand what goes into successful tourism and sports management. The best part is you can graduate in two years or less while maintaining your family and professional life commitments because this program is online and flexible with your lifestyle. Whether you are a former or current travel enthusiast, looking for a new career, or want to advance your career in tourism management, our online sports management master’s degree in tourism is for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Sports Management – Tourism Degree (Non-Thesis)?
Do you love the travel and tourism industry and hospitality and enjoy taking on leadership roles, then our online sports management master in tourism is the right degree for you. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Associate of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and our online sports management – tourism degree is accredited through the Commission on Sports Management Accreditation (COSMA). You will not just gain a credible education, but you will also enjoy learning about the growing field of hospitality, tourism, and sports management when you get more involved in this rewarding industry. As a Christian university, Liberty University incorporates your faith with our tourism degree to blend studying what you love with a distinct purpose of influencing lives.
Our non-thesis track for the online master’s in sports management degree with a specialization in tourism gives you an opportunity to gain real-world experience through a practical internship, so you can break into the tourism, hospitality, or sports industries. Along the way, you will refine your management skills and impact the knowledge about emerging trends in sports management and tourism.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s in Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis) Degree
- Increased job opportunities in the field of tourism, hospitality, and sports administration
- Professors with years of real-life experience teaching your online Master of Science in Sports Management: Tourism courses
- Convenient eight-week, 100% online courses in our sports management degree
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Science Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis)?
Prepare yourself for the educational adventure of a lifetime with our master’s in sports management – tourism online courses. Our team of dedicated, trained professors will immerse you in the instruction of our foundational curriculum where you will learn about topics including social issues, ethics, and legal challenges.
Our Master of Science in Sports Management – Tourism features a non-thesis and thesis option. The thesis option presents you with an opportunity to expound upon the scholastic bedrock developed in your core curriculum. Alternatively, the non-thesis track offers you practical application to exercise your sports management knowledge with an internship in the sports industry. Both the thesis and non-thesis track provide pivotal tourism marketing and event planning classes so you will graduate knowing how to be a professional in tourism-related enterprises.
- TOUR 601 – Current Issues and Theories for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- TOUR 602 – Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Strategy
- TOUR 603 – Sport and Event Tourism Planning and Impacts
Master of Science in Sports Management- Tourism (Non-Thesis) Program Highlights
Here are a few more reasons why our online master’s in sports management – tourism will be a good fit for you:
- By earning your online M.S. in Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis) degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Translate your passion for tourism, hospitality, and event planning to a profession and gain greater fulfillment or advancement in your career.
- Complete a hands-on, practical internship that will help you apply your skills and knowledge to the real-world tourism field of business.
Similar Degree Programs
If you want to dig deep into industry research for tourism and find your niche, see the online Master of Science in Sports Management – Tourism Thesis track!
Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Information and Requirements
- Explore the M.S. Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis) Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
Potential Career Options with the M.S. Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis)
A degree in sports management – tourism can open the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic event planner
- Event planner
- Hotel management
- International tour guide
- Travel agent
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Sports Management – Tourism (Non-Thesis)
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.