Be Part of the Next Generation of Sports Leaders with an Online Masters in Sports Administration Degree
If you have a desire to turn your love of sports into a career, Liberty’s 100% online Master of Science in Sports Management — Sports Administration degree (non-thesis) can help pave the way. Our online sports management master’s degree will provide you with advanced knowledge in sports culture, business, community relations, legal issues, ethics, finance, facility management, development, and leadership.
Your passion will be integrated into your studies as you learn how to lead from a position of strength and influence in sports administration. With the online sports management master’s degree internship opportunity, you will be equipped to succeed as a professionally trained leader in all aspects of sports administration.
What is a master of sports administration?
Liberty’s Master of Science in Sports Management – Sports Administration is designed to give you the leadership and management skills to handle the unique challenges of the sports industry. Whether you are working for a professional football team or managing a local soccer nonprofit, you need specialized skills to help manage funding, personnel, and business processes unique to sports.
While many business skills translate to sports management, tasks such as managing athletes and navigating sports regulations fall outside of the scope of even the most flexible general business degrees. If you want to be an expert in sports and athlete management, then the MS in Sports Management at Liberty University can give you the training you need.
Liberty’s online masters in sports administration will propel you into the career in sports management you always wanted. You can complete this degree in less than 2 years, and you don’t have to set aside your family or professional life since this program is offered in a 100% online, flexible format.
Let our online sports administration degree help you become a future leader and professional in sports administration without having to travel to campus. Whether you are a former or current athlete at any level, looking for a career change, or want to advance your career in sports management, our online master’s degree in sports administration is for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Sports Management — Sports Administration Degree?
If you love sports, enjoy leading people, and have a desire to go further in sports administration, our online master’s in sports administration program should be at the top of your list.
Liberty’s accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College (SACSCOC) and additional accreditation by the Commission on Sports Management Accreditation (COSMA) will help build your credibility in the marketplace. You will gain a credible education and a valuable perspective on how to influence those in your community through sports.
Throughout our online master’s degree in sports administration, you can learn how to integrate biblical principles with your professional life, blending academic excellence with personal integrity so you can lead by example. With this program’s practical internship, you will gain hands-on experience in applying your sports administration expertise in the field and open doors to new employment opportunities.
Benefits of Earning Our Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration Degree
- Convenient 8-week, 100% online courses
- Increased job opportunities in the field of sports management
- Online courses taught by experienced professionals with real-world experience
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
While researching the top sports management master’s programs online, you may have questions about how this program can help you meet your goals. Below are some common questions about the sports administration degree.
Can you become a sports manager without a degree?
While there are no formal academic requirements in the field of sports administration, there are training and experience requirements to be eligible for many roles.
To be a good sports manager, you need the ability to manage sports teams as people, develop budgets, find funding, manage public relations, and many unique business processes. Liberty’s MS in Sports Management – Sports Administration provides a focused program that can equip you with all of the requirements of being a sports manager.
What can you do with a master’s in sports management?
While you can pursue roles in sports and fitness administration and management with a bachelor’s degree, Liberty University’s online sports management master’s degree can help you pursue higher-level roles.
Higher education roles and national sports administration roles often require advanced degrees which demonstrate that you not only have the required experience, but have completed training and research at an advanced level. This combination of experience and advanced academic training will help equip you for higher levels of teaching and management in sports administration.
Is a masters in sports administration worth it?
Online sports administration masters programs provide a flexible way to gain an essential focus in the unique skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the athletics management field. These skills can provide an edge in the job market, but a masters degree can provide a higher income potential as well.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicates that professionals with a master’s degree earned approximately 18% more than those with only a bachelor’s degree in 2021.* This data means that Liberty University’s masters in sports management can help you increase your income potential while pursuing higher level management roles.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online December 2, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in the M.S. in Sports Management – Sports Administration?
This sports administration master’s degree provides you with a well-rounded education by combining sports management techniques with the skills required for administrative positions, presenting modern practices and theories from a Christian worldview. You can work towards your career goals by taking courses that examine the importance of leadership and administration within an organization.
These in-depth courses include subjects like event planning and management, merchandise sales, and athlete development. Liberty University’s sports management master’s program will provide you with a quality education based on biblical principles to help form a moral, ethical, and value-driven approach to sports administration.
- SMGT 631 — Sports Event and Facility Management
- SMGT 632 — Sports Development and Sales
- SMGT 633 — Management and Leadership in Sport Organizations
Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The Master of Science in Sports Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- You can complete this degree program in 2 years or less.
- Get hands-on experience in applying your sports administration expertise through a practical internship in your area!
- Build your résumé with top-quality training and in-depth studies in sports administration so you are equipped to excel in the field.
Online Master’s in Sports Administration Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Administration
The online masters in sports management degree opens the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic facility management
- Athletic marketing and public relations
- Interscholastic athletic administration
- Promotion and development administration
- Sports broadcasting
- Sports management information professional
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Sports Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.