Stay in the Game with a Master’s in Sports Management from Liberty University
Are you a sports enthusiast with a passion for athletics? Liberty University’s sports management degree will give you a competitive edge in the multi-billion-dollar sports industry. Sports management professionals handle finance, facility management, marketing, and event management. These principles can be applied to nearly all types of sports-related industries, including recreation, social and private organizations, government, amateur, and college-level athletics, as well as professional sports.
In about 2 years, you can earn your master’s degree and open doors of opportunity for new roles in athletic administration. Course work at the master’s level can prepare you for management, administrative, and analyst roles within the sports management and sports medicine fields. We are excited to partner with you as you turn your love for sports into an exciting career.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Sports Management Degree?
Liberty University has received specialized accreditation for its online master’s in sports management programs through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). This shows that your degree has the stamp of approval from a reputable sports management accrediting agency.
Our sports management master’s program can be completed 100% online, which gives you the freedom to study in the convenience of your home or office. You can remain active in your job, family, and community without worrying about taking on-campus courses.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s Degree in Sports Management
- Increased job opportunities in the field of sports administration
- Experienced professors teaching your online master’s in sports management courses
- Convenient 8-week, 100% online courses
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Sports Management Degree?
The sports industry is ever-changing. With our sports management master’s degree, you can gain the skills you need to be successful in the field of sports administration. Throughout this degree, you will examine the background of sports to gain insight into this industry and look at the nature of marketing and public relations from a strategic sport marketing perspective.
The core courses of this degree include a review of social issues like violence and discrimination against women and minorities in the sports industry. You will also learn how to create sound financial guidelines. Our course in financial and economic management will provide you with the foundational knowledge you need to excel in the financial decision-making process for your company or team. With no specific specialization, you can tailor your courses to fit your personal and professional goals.
- SMGT 501 – Social Issues in Sport Management
- SMGT 502 – Sport Marketing and Public Relations
- SMGT 503 – Ethics in Sport
- SMGT 506 – Economic and Financial Management of Sport
Master’s in Sports Management Degree Program Highlights
Here are a few more reasons why our online master’s in sports management will be a good fit for you:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online sports management master’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sports Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- You can complete our master’s in sports management degree in just 1 and a half years.
- Network with other sports enthusiasts in the program from around the country.
- Customize your Master of Science in Sports Management degree with one of our many specializations.
Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Explore the M.S. in Sports Management — General (Non-Thesis) Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Sports Management Graduates
A degree in sports management can open the door to many potential careers, including:
- Athletic facility manager
- Athletics marketer/public relations specialist
- Event planner
- Sports broadcaster
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Sports Management — General (Non-Thesis)
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.