Learn the Techniques of Training the Team with a Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis)
An online master’s in coaching and athletic administration degree will equip you with the foundational training you need to be a successful coach at the high school, college, or professional level. To be an effective coach, you’ll need training in athletic development, psychology, leadership, nutrition, and exercise science so that you can fulfill the roles of mentor, teacher, and motivator. Liberty University’s 100% online master’s degree in sports management with a coaching and athletic administration specialization will provide this training so that you are fully equipped to coach the students or professionals in your care.
The non-thesis track of our Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration degree online includes an internship requirement so you can earn college credit for a real-world internship experience that can be completed at an approved location in your area. Internships are one of the best ways to get your foot in the door with a future employer.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis)?
If you have a love of sports that goes beyond the game to sports management and administration, then our master’s in sports management – coaching and athletic administration degree online should be at the top of your list. Our online program will build your professional skill set and résumé and give you a perspective on how to impact those in your community through sports. Additionally, the Master of Science in Sports Mangement is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) making your degree and training well-respected in your field.
We involve a Christian worldview and biblical principles throughout our Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration degree online to blend academic excellence with personal integrity, so you are prepared to lead by example. We live out our mission to help you become a successful professional and individual in the field of sports administration.
Benefits of Earning Our Master’s in Sports Management Degree
- Increased job opportunities in the field of sports management
- Online courses are taught by experienced professionals with real-world experience
- Convenient eight-week, 100% online courses
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis) Degree Online?
Liberty University’s master’s in sports management online, with a specialization in coaching and athletic administration will provide you with the opportunity to delve deeper into the complexities of high school, college, and university coaching and athletic administration, which are relevant to your passions and career choice. You will learn the tools and skills needed to communicate as a leader and administrator in your field effectively.
- SMGT 503 – Ethics in Sport
- SMGT 621 – Coaching Theory
- SMGT 622 – Strategic Player Development
- SMGT 623 – Sports Governance
Masters in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis) Program Highlights
Here are a few more reasons why our online Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration will be a good fit for you:
- By earning your master’s degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sports Mangement is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- You can complete this degree program in as little as two years.
- Build your résumé with quality and in-depth training in sports administration, so you are equipped to excel in the field.
- Our online master’s in sports management degree ranked in the top 10 with BestColleges.com, CollegeChoice.net, and AffordableColleges.com for Best Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree.
Similar Online Programs
Online Master’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration (Thesis Track) Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Administration
The online master’s in sports management degree opens the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic event planner
- Promotion and development administration
- Sports management information professional
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.