Learn How to Train Your Team with a Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration
An online master’s in coaching and athletic administration degree can help equip you with the foundational training you need to be a successful coach at the high school, college, or professional level. To be an effective coach, you’ll need training in athletic development, psychology, leadership, nutrition, and exercise science so that you can fulfill the roles of mentor, teacher, and motivator.
Liberty University’s 100% online master’s degree in sports management with a coaching and athletic administration specialization will provide this training so that you are fully equipped to coach the students or professionals in your care. The non-thesis track of our Master of Science in Sport Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration degree online includes an internship requirement so you can earn college credit and field experience that can be completed at an approved location in your area. Internships are one of the best ways to get your foot in the door with a future employer.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis)?
If you have a love for sports that goes beyond the game to sports management and administration, then our online master’s in sports management with a specialization in coaching and athletic administration may be for you.
Our online program can build your professional skill set and résumé while giving you a perspective on how to impact those in your community through sports. Additionally, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
We incorporate a Christian worldview and biblical principles into our Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration online degree to blend academic excellence with personal integrity to prepare you to lead by example. Our mission is to help you become a successful professional and individual in the field of sports administration.
Benefits of Earning Our Master’s in Sports Management Degree
- Potential increase of job opportunities in the field of sports management
- Online courses taught by professionals with real-world experience
- Convenient 8-week, 100% online courses
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Sports Management — Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis) Degree Online?
Liberty University’s M.S. in Sport Management with a specialization in coaching and athletic administration can help provide you with the opportunity to delve deeper into the complexities of high school, college, and university coaching and athletic administration. With courses taught by industry leaders in the field of sports management, you can gain the tools and skills needed to effectively communicate as a leader and administrator.
- SMGT 503 – Ethics in Sport
- SMGT 621 – Advanced Coaching Theory
- SMGT 622 – Strategic Player Development
- SMGT 623 – Sport Governance
Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis) Program Highlights
Here are a few more reasons why our online Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration will be a good fit for you:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online M.S. in Sports Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this degree program in less than 2 years.
- Build your résumé with in-depth training from industry leaders in sports administration.
Online Master’s in Sports Management — Coaching and Athletic Administration (Non-Thesis) Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Athletic Administration
The online master’s in sports management degree can open the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic event planner
- Promotion and development administrator
- Sports management information professional
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.