Learn to Lead and Market Nonprofits on Digital Platforms with Liberty’s Master’s in Nonprofit Management Online – Social Media
Although so much of the world today revolves around the pursuit of money and power, the things that really matter – such as faith and family – motivate many people and organizations to do what they do. Nonprofits in particular are driven by a mission to give back to their communities and create a better society. If you’re interested in working for a nonprofit, there’s a good chance that you may be mission-driven – just like Liberty University.
As part of your enthusiastic desire to carry out a specific mission, you may be looking for a degree that can help you make an immediate, measurable impact as a nonprofit employee. If so, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Nonprofit Management (MNM) – Social Media may be for you. This degree program’s curriculum combines principles of nonprofit leadership with social media studies – allowing you to develop a versatile skill set that can help you stand out to hiring managers, lead nonprofit organizations, and market those organizations on digital platforms.
By partnering with Liberty for your nonprofit organization management degree in social media, you can earn a valuable, career-enhancing credential that offers a lifetime of benefit. Don’t let this opportunity slip by – apply today, prepare for nonprofit work, and take your career to new heights.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Nonprofit Management Degree – Social Media?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to develop an online degree program that fits your life and helps you accomplish your career goals. You don’t want just any degree – you want a degree that will challenge you to grasp new concepts, facilitate networking opportunities, teach you the ins and outs of nonprofit management, and guide you through best practices for social media management. Our MNM in Social Media fits that bill.
You also want a Master of Nonprofit Management – Social Media that will respect your personal commitments – which is why our MNM degree is offered 100% online in 8-week sections with no set login times. Our master’s in nonprofit management and social media is designed to enhance your life – not overwhelm it.
In addition, this degree can help you pursue in-demand careers. Social media specialists generally fall under the umbrella of media and communications – and according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for such professionals is projected to grow 14% by 2030.* Median pay for media and communication professionals was $61,310 in May 2020.* With a master’s degree, your earning potential could be even higher.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Media and Communication Occupations (viewed online Dec. 9, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Degree in Social Media Marketing for Nonprofits?
Our master’s degree in nonprofit organization management – social media is comprised of 2 sections: core courses and social media courses.
In the core section of your degree, you will focus on nonprofit studies. You will explore nonprofit management and leadership, board governance, fundraising and development strategies, and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs). You will also study accounting for nonprofits, grant writing, and strategic planning and ethics for nonprofit organizations.
In the social media section of your degree, you will analyze strategic media and learn best practices for selecting a target audience and capturing their attention. You will also study what makes digital media effective and explore how to set meaningful, sustainable goals as a social media marketer.
This degree program’s holistic overview of social media and nonprofit management can help you take on responsibilities in your current position, pursue more advanced roles, or start and market your own nonprofit. Our nonprofit social media degree is designed to set you free by equipping you with the knowledge and confidence needed to pursue your passions.
- BMAL 620 – Nonprofit Leadership and Board Governance*
- STCO 534 – Strategic Media Analysis
- STCO 546 – Effective Media Analysis
- STCO 648 – Setting Social and Interactive Goals
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Master of Nonprofit Management Degree – Social Media
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this master’s in nonprofit social media management in as little as 1 year!
- As an online student, you’ll have access to a wealth of resources through our top-notch library portal.
Master of Nonprofit Management and Social Media Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Master’s in Nonprofit Social Media Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Nonprofit and Social Media Degree Graduates
With this master’s in nonprofit management – social media, you may be able to pursue careers such as the following:
- Digital advertising specialist
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital media analyst
- Public relations coordinator
- Social media specialist
Admission Requirements for the Master of Nonprofit Management – Social Media Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.