Lead Your Organization to Success with a Nonprofit Management Degree from Liberty
Do you enjoy leading others? Do you want to dedicate your career to a nonprofit that has a mission you’re passionate about? Maybe you are already involved with a nonprofit and want to pursue new opportunities or positions of added responsibility. Whether you are a seasoned veteran in the nonprofit sector or just starting out, Liberty’s Master of Nonprofit Management (MNM) – Leadership can help you take the next step in your career.
With a masters in nonprofit management online from Liberty, you can prepare for a career in a variety of nonprofit areas – including non-governmental organizations (NGOs), charities, churches, and other 501(c)(3) organizations. Nonprofit organizations need knowledgeable managers who can creatively address various challenges. Partner with us and prepare to lead with confidence in the nonprofit world.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management – Leadership?
We know that going back to school is a big commitment. That’s why our masters in nonprofit leadership is offered 100% online – so you can pursue your degree from the comfort of home. With 8-week courses and 8 different start dates each year, you can pursue your education wherever, whenever. At Liberty, we don’t sacrifice quality when we create our online degree programs – we simply add flexibility.
You expect a world-class education – and by choosing Liberty, you’ll get just that. Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which means our programs have met rigorous academic requirements.
In addition, all of your online nonprofit management courses will be taught by professors with years of experience and advanced degrees. When you choose Liberty, you choose an education of the highest quality that masterfully blends excellent academics with a flexible course design – all at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
What degree do you need to start a nonprofit organization?
There are many aspects to starting a nonprofit organization, so it’s important to choose a degree that can provide a foundational knowledge of ways to help your organization thrive – and what things to avoid.
At Liberty, we provide a high level of training that is designed to help you succeed in your endeavors. Whether you are planting a church, building a charity, or opening a shelter for those in need, a degree in nonprofit management and leadership can help you start or contribute to the growth of a healthy, thriving nonprofit organization.
What is the difference between an MBA in Nonprofit Management and a master’s in nonprofit management (MNM) – leadership online?
Our Master of Nonprofit Management – Leadership degree is designed to deepen your understanding of important topics that are crucial to nonprofit organizations. Our leadership specialization will guide you through topics that can enhance your leadership skills and help you become a more valuable asset to your organization.
An MBA in Nonprofit Leadership, on the other hand, can help provide you with expansive business knowledge. An MBA specialization in nonprofit management may include some courses that overlap with the Master of Nonprofit Management – Leadership. However, while our MNM degree is a specialized program that focuses exclusively on nonprofit management and leadership, our MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management covers a wider range of business topics.
If you are interested in a broad business education, check out our online MBA programs.
Is a master’s degree in nonprofit management worth it?
The median salary for management professionals in 2020 was $109,760.* There is a growing need for management professionals across many fields – and our masters in nonprofit administration can help provide the leadership, communication, and decision-making skills you need to thrive in management positions.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Management Occupations (viewed online Dec. 9, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degree?
In your nonprofit management courses online, you will explore a variety of topics – such as nonprofit leadership and board governance, procurement and development, international NGOs, and grant writing. As you take courses in the leadership specialization, you can deepen your understanding of topics like strategic leadership and management. You can also learn how to lead and manage across cultures as well as pioneer organizational change.
All of your courses are designed to enhance your understanding of nonprofit organizations. With a degree from Liberty, you can prepare to pursue positions of added responsibility or begin a new career in nonprofit management.
- BMAL 501 – Strategic Leadership and Management
- BMAL 504 – Leading Organizational Change
- BMAL 604 – Managing and Leading Across Cultures
- BMAL 630 – Accounting for Nonprofits*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online nonprofit management and leadership degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Nonprofit Management Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management – Leadership Degree
- Board member
- Chief gift officer
- Director of operations
- Director of procurement
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.