Help Your Community with an MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Online!
Liberty University’s online Master of Business Administration in Nonprofit Leadership and Management provides students with the necessary skills to pursue a career leading a nonprofit organization. Our MBA program offers rigorous academics to give you a solid foundation in core business practices. The nonprofit leadership and management area of study features courses tailored to the needs of a future professional directing a nonprofit organization.
What is nonprofit management?
Just like every successful business venture, nonprofit organizations need effective leadership to succeed. Nonprofit managers need to be ready to handle government regulations, assess efficiency improvements, and to build teams of volunteers and workers who can help reach your goals.
Because nonprofits focus on putting any available resources and profits back into furthering the mission, nonprofit managers need specialized skills that are not often found in traditional business programs. Liberty University’s masters in nonprofit management is designed to equip you with these specialized skills so that you can help your nonprofit succeed in its mission.
Our MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management online degree program will allow you to maximize your individual strengths and potential as a future business administrator, philanthropist, or community activist. Graduates of Liberty’s nonprofit MBA can drive significant organizational impact by applying concepts critical to effective nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program?
Liberty University is proud to offer a prestigious accreditation for our MBA online degree programs. Liberty is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Our faculty of business professionals understand the intricacies of nonprofit management and have both educational and professional experience with nonprofit organizations. We offer this program 100% online, so you do not need to relocate or take time off from work to travel for any of your courses.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
While researching the best MBA programs for nonprofit management online, you may have questions about how a nonprofit management degree can help you meet your goals. Here are some common questions about Liberty University’s masters in nonprofit management online program.
What can you do with a masters in nonprofit management?
Liberty’s MBA program with the nonprofit management focus equips you to be a leader in nonprofit organizations. To handle the unique challenges of nonprofit operation, you need skills in navigating government regulations, coordinating volunteers, and developing strategies for fulfilling your mission.
You need specialized skills to succeed in the nonprofit sector such as techniques for effective grant writing, strategic planning, and financial management for nonprofit operations. If you want to work inside nonprofit organizations as a team leader, manager, or executive, then Liberty’s masters in nonprofit leadership will help you reach your goals.
How much do nonprofit managers make?
The purpose of a nonprofit manager is to lead an organization that is designed not to take profits. However, executives in this role still have significant earning potential and can benefit from an expanding job market.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that the median income in 2018 for social and community service managers was $65,310. The job market for nonprofit managers is also expected to increase by a rate of 13% by 2028, which is much faster than the average of occupations.* If you earn a nonprofit management degree online with Liberty University, you can be prepared to enter the field and help nonprofits meet their mission goals.
Do you need an MBA to be a nonprofit manager?
If you have business experience and a passion for a nonprofit mission, then you can be a nonprofit manager. However, the unique challenges of running a nonprofit can make success in this field extremely difficult. With government regulations that apply to tax-exempt nonprofits, challenges of managing volunteer workers, and the pressure of securing funding, nonprofit managers often have to learn on the job. Instead, you can prepare for your career by earning a specialized degree that is designed to build both a foundation of advanced business skills and an essential toolkit of nonprofit expertise.
MBA programs with a nonprofit concentration can provide a broader skillset that can equip you to handle any challenge you might face in a variety of industries. With the general business management, strategy, marketing, and finance skills you gain from the MBA, you can help fill roles in a nonprofit as needed. Earning Liberty’s MBA nonprofit management online degree can help you gain these skills along with specialized nonprofit leadership skills.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: Social and Community Service Managers (viewed online March 3, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in the MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree?
Our Master of Business Administration – Nonprofit Leadership and Management degree is designed to maximize your training as a future business leader and nonprofit manager. You will be immersed in foundational business courses that include training in strategic marketing, legal issues in business, operations management, and more. The nonprofit leadership and management area of study will tailor your learning needs to specific objectives you should master as a rising nonprofit administrator. These courses will include concepts in nonprofit business practices, accounting, and management.
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning and Employment
- STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
- HLTH 553 – Grant Acquisition & Management
- MGMT 602 – Nonprofit Management
Program Highlights for the Online MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in business and nonprofit management from across the country.
MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with an MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management
A Master of Business Administration is one of the most highly recognized degrees in the field of business and business management. With an MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management, you can be highly qualified to pursue management and executive-level positions such as, but not limited to:
- Compliance manager
- Investment fund manager
- Regulatory affairs manager
- Social and community service manager
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.