Advance Your Career in the Diverse Service Industry with an MBA in Tourism Management
If you are a service professional, you know that hotels and resorts need individuals with the drive to make their customers feel like they are the number one priority. With people traveling all over the globe for business, leisure, conferences, and events, it is important to keep up with the latest issues and tools in the tourism industry. Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in Tourism Management can help you advance in your career and develop the skills you need to make your organization a success.
Through this program, you can gain a wide range of skills in hospitality areas. Your leadership skills will come into play when you motivate your staff to provide the best service possible for the diverse needs of your guests. You will also learn how to leverage the power of social media and marketing to analyze and identify new avenues of revenue for your tourism- and travel-oriented organization.
Our experienced faculty are focused on providing you with an action-oriented curriculum. Our student-centered classes will provide you with the latest in market-driven instruction — integrated with a Christian worldview.
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in Tourism Management Online?
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and is taught by business professionals who have practical, real-world experience in their fields. Our flexible, 100% online format requires no set login times for class — so you can remain active in your job and present with your family.
Our hospitality and tourism concentration is designed to provide you with the skill set employers are looking for. Your online coursework will help you develop skills for this growing field, such as strategic marketing for travel and tourism, planning, and problem solving for both customers and internal human resource needs. Choosing Liberty’s MBA in Tourism Management can prepare you for new career positions, higher pay, and increased job security!
What Will You Learn in Our Tourism Management MBA Program?
In Liberty’s MBA in Tourism Management, you will learn about the various methodologies and best practices for the hospitality industry. In addition to courses focused on hospitality, sport, and recreation management, you will explore the broader subjects that will help you in this field.
You will examine the role of marketing strategies and how they can be leveraged to enhance a travel and tourism organization’s strategic plans. You will also learn how to analyze and use social media analytics to measure the effectiveness of your programs. Another invaluable skill you will learn is how to communicate with a variety of generational, racial, ethnic, and international cultures.
Your general MBA courses provide advanced study in major business topics like marketing, finance, accounting, legal, and operations management. Gaining advanced skills in managerial finance, global policies, and strategies will help set you apart from the crowd and chart your course for success.
- COMS 624 – Intercultural Communication
- STCO 648 – Setting Social and Interactive Goals
- TOUR 601 – Current Issues and Theories for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- TOUR 602 – Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Strategy
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resources
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning & Employment
- BUSI 644 – Human Resource Development
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
Degree Information for the MBA in Tourism Management
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Hospitality Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for MBA in Tourism Graduates
- Hotel consultant
- Professor of tourism/hospitality management
- Resort manager/consultant
- Senior hotel manager
- Theme park manager
Highlights of Our MBA in Tourism Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MBA in Tourism Management from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Many employers require an MBA for new hires and those looking to move up in the company.
- You can complete our MBA online program in just 2 years!
- You will have opportunities to network with other business leaders in the program from around the country.
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.