Set Goals, Plan, and Implement with an MBA in Strategic Management
Did you know that 95% of a typical workforce doesn’t understand its organization’s strategy?* Liberty University’s 100% online MBA in Strategic Management prepares you to analyze operations effectively, formulate a strategy, and clearly communicate it to everyone in your organization. Business managers operating in competitive marketplaces must consider not only efficiency and resource management when planning for future growth but also their overall vision, objectives, and policies.
The online MBA in Strategic Management program will teach you how to take into consideration all the aspects of your organization to assess and execute a strategy to capitalize on them. You will learn how organizational design, workforce management, and bringing a product to market are all part of smart strategic management. We will equip you with the skills you need to set goals, analyze your current processes, and formulate a successful strategy that culminates in success.
*On Strategy, Surprising Strategic Planning Stats, (viewed online July 31, 2020)
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online MBA in Strategic Management Program?
Liberty University’s online Master of Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). With this stamp of excellence, you can be confident that your degree will be recognized and respected.
Liberty University students also benefit from top-tier faculty with proven professional expertise in their respective disciplines and business strategy. Your degree will be built on a solid Christ-centered foundation that can promote your value and trust as an employee. Additionally, this degree is 100% online, meaning you won’t have to neglect work, family, or community commitments.
What is Strategic Management?
Strategic management is the process of managing, planning, and analyzing in order to help your organization reach its goals. The important thing is to make sure that everyone involved understands the overall goals and their part in executing them. There are 5 basic stages of this process:
- Set a goal – You can’t have a successful plan without a clear vision. Define short- and long-term goals.
- Gather and analyze information – Gather as much information and data as possible. This will be crucial for the next two steps.
- Formulate a strategy – Use the data you have gathered to make an effective plan. Identify what resources you have and whether you need to seek external resources.
- Implement a strategy – Communicate with each member what the plan is and their place in it.
- Monitor your strategy – Track your progress and decide if the plan needs to be altered or shifted.
What Will You Learn in the Online MBA in Strategic Management?
Through the master’s in strategic management online, you will build on your previous business skills and experience to learn advanced organizational design and structure techniques. You will study historical and current practices allowing you to gain crucial executive leadership and management skills.
One piece of strategic management is maintaining a stable workforce. The changing nature of the labor market makes it necessary to study the conceptual, operational, and legal issues managers face in the field. Our training can help you understand the strategic organizational considerations that are vital to maintaining a functional and productive staff at your organization.
The best online MBA strategy programs should have courses including how to market successfully and efficiently. We will provide you with a working knowledge of the steps involved in the process of developing a strategic plan for product market entry.
Additionally, we will prepare you with a firm grasp of how to overcome the ethical issues many in business face. As Liberty teaches from a Christian worldview, you can see how principles of biblical ethics apply to leaders and managers in your field.
- BUSI 520 – Strategic Marketing Management
- BUSI 570 – Ethical Leadership
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
- BUSI 643 – Workplace Planning and Employment
Program Highlights of the Online MBA in Strategic Management
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online strategy management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MBA in Strategic Management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in business and management from across the country.
Master’s in Business Administration Degree Information
- This program is a part of the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Graduates with an Online MBA in Strategic Management Degree
The Master of Business Administration is one of the most highly recognized degrees in the field of business. With an MBA in strategy online program, you can be highly qualified to pursue management and executive-level positions such as:
- Business consultant
- Business strategy manager
- Chief executive officer
- Company leader or manager
- Marketing manager
- Recruitment specialist
- Training manager
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.