Earn an MBA and Chart Your Course in Real Estate with Confidence
Your career means more to you than just a paycheck — you plan to invest the knowledge and skills you gain back into your work so that you can make a difference and improve the culture around you. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) can provide you with the network connections, business credentials, and industry confidence you need to stand out and lead in your field.
Whether you already work in real estate, or you are interested in switching careers, Liberty’s 100% online MBA in Real Estate Development is designed to help you achieve more. Learn from professors who are as passionate about the world of real estate as you are, so you can take your skills to new heights under the supervision of industry leaders.
Let us help you chart your own course in real estate development. You have the passion and entrepreneurial spirit — all you need are the tools. And with Liberty, you will get the best from faculty who care.
Why Choose Liberty’s Real Estate Master’s Degree?
One of the biggest benefits of a career in real estate development is the ability to set your own schedule. Imagine an MBA that not only lets you continue in your field, but also provides the flexibility you love. With Liberty, you don’t have to imagine!
We offer an MBA in Real Estate Development that is 100% online. All of your courses can be completed in convenient 8-week terms, and with an additional summer semester, you can choose from 8 different start dates throughout the year. Why wait on furthering your professional life — there is no better time than now to advance with an MBA.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for property, real estate, and community association managers is rising faster than the national average at 7%,* with real estate brokers making an average of over $78,000 a year.** And as with any management role, there is job security in positions like these that cannot be outsourced.
If you are pursuing an MBA with future doctoral studies in mind, you will be happy to know that we offer a fully online Doctor of Business Administration. At Liberty, our master’s-level business courses are designed to not only prepare you for the field, but they are also a perfect way to prepare for a terminal degree — so you can experience a seamless transition from your master’s degree to your DBA.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Property, real estate, and community association managers: Summary, 2019 (viewed online September 9, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational employment and wages: Real estate brokers, 2019 (viewed online September 9, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Real Estate Degree?
Students in our MBA in Real Estate Development take courses that develop real estate and business skills relevant to management, human resources, accounting, finance, and marketing. With such a wealth of applications for your coursework, you can use this degree to prepare for college-level teaching, as well.
Within the program, you will evaluate the business environment based on industry best practices. You will learn how to craft and recommend appropriate business strategies, policies, and solutions for sustainable competitive advantage to help your business succeed in the marketplace.
All of your real estate and development courses will be taken alongside general business classes in international business and leadership. We want you to walk away with a degree specialized yet broad enough to prepare you for an exciting and fulfilling career.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses for more information.
- BUSI 561 – Legal Issues in Business
- BUSI 600 – Business Research Methods
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
Real Estate Development MBA Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the graduate course syllabi. (login required)
Military Benefits for Our Online MBA Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Opportunities for Real Estate Development MBA Graduates
- College faculty
- Commercial lender
- Commercial property developer
- Construction manager
- Land development manager
- Leasing agent
- Mortgage loan officer
- Property manager
- Real estate broker
- Real estate developer
Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed by the masters-level degree work.
Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admissions application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate Business Prerequisites: Students who do not have 15 hours of upper-level undergraduate business courses, but meet the minimum GPA requirements, will be denied admission to the M.B.A. and will automatically be moved to our Master of Arts in Executive Leadership program. Once the student has successfully passed all portions of BMAL 590, he/she may reapply for admission to the M.B.A. program.
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Online Real Estate MBA
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- A master’s in business administration can help non-real estate professionals move into a new career and help advance someone already in an established real estate career.
- Most students are able to complete our MBA online program in about 2 years.
You will have opportunities to network with other business leaders in the program from around the country.