The Online Master’s in Business Administration – Public Relations Equips You to Help Your Business Reach the World
Liberty University’s online public relations degree will set you on the path to business success by developing your professional abilities, nurturing your business skills, and enhancing your public relations expertise. With courses in media technologies and strategic digital communication, you will be able to build a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation are integrated into the everyday operations of a business. The online public relations degree will also allow you to build the foundational knowledge and skills needed to promote any business through marketing and public relations.
At Liberty University, we have created our online public relations degree with your success in mind. Our public relations online degree is designed to provide you with a strong foundational knowledge of the skills of public relations that will ensure your success in the business world in a leadership and management role. The online MBA in Public Relations is designed to be completed in less than 2 years and will allow you to continue to work while going to college. Liberty University’s goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MBA in Public Relations?
Do you want to enhance your public relations expertise while advancing your business skills from a Christian perspective? Liberty University’s master’s in public relations is designed to help integrate faith into your professional life. Liberty University strives to Train Champions for Christ, and we do so by providing an excellent business education with a Christian worldview. Whether you are currently working in public relations or looking to start a new career, our online public relations degree can help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
The MBA in Public Relations is designed to develop your strategic communication and media technology skills so you can better serve in a wide variety of fields, often in a front-facing role. We accomplish this through our challenging, rewarding, and biblically-based courses taught by professors who are seasoned business professionals. The public relations area of study for the online MBA degree will hone your business communication skills and marketing strategy to make you an effective manager of your business’s reputation and connection to customers.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Business Administration – Public Relations Degree?
Through the online MBA in Public Relations, you will develop mastery of public relations functions in business communications for front-facing and marketing roles. You will gain competence in planning, creating, and implementing public relations solutions to meet client’s needs and engage the public. You will learn to evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of public relations messages, engage in problem analysis, strategic planning, message development, and develop tactical solutions to common communication challenges.
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
- COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
- STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Online MBA Degree in Public Relations Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in Public Relations degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our MBA degrees have achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Students can complete this online degree program in less than 2 years.
MBA in Public Relations Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Public Relations Degree
Graduates who complete the online public relations degree will have the opportunity to pursue careers as a/an:
- Account executive
- Community relations coordinator
- Marketing/public relations researcher
- Product manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Public relations officer
- Sales executive
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- 15 hours of upper-level undergraduate business credit is required for admission
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.