Help Your Business Reach the World with a Public Relations Master’s Degree
Do you want to get on the path to business success by developing your professional abilities, nurturing your business skills, and enhancing your public relations expertise? Liberty University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Public Relations (PR) can help you get there.
With courses in media technologies and strategic digital communication, you can build a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation are integrated into daily business operations. The MBA in communication and public relations online will also allow you to build the foundational knowledge and skills needed to promote any business through marketing strategy and analytics.
We have created a public relations master’s program in an online learning format with your success in mind. This program is designed to provide you with foundational knowledge and skills in public relations. You can be equipped for business success in a leadership or management role. Liberty University’s goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a PR degree worth it?
Earning a master’s degree is a commitment, so you probably want to know if it will be worth your time and effort. The demand for public relations specialists is growing at a steady rate.* If you are planning to pursue a management role, positions are becoming available even faster than average.**
Jobs in PR are not only available, but the demand is projected to increase. With the qualifying skills and training you can receive from Liberty’s MBA in Public Relations, you can find the position that is right for you – making your degree worth the effort.
What jobs can you get with a master’s in public relations?
Whether you are just starting out in public relations, or you have been working in the field for years, our degree can help you land the job or promotion you’re looking for. Some of the fields available to MBA in PR majors include sales, communications, market research, media coordination, and community relations.
Some of the roles that may be available to you include:
How do employers view online MBA degrees?
Potential employers are looking for graduates who have the necessary training, skills, and technical knowledge to succeed in the field from a school that is accredited and respected. Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC. Plus, our School of Business holds programmatic accreditation with ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
We believe our accreditation and reputation make us one of the best colleges for your MBA in Public Relations.
How much do PR majors make?
Graduates in the field of public relations can expect varying average salaries depending on the role they plan to take on. If you plan to work as a PR specialist, the median annual salary is $61,150.* If your goal is to become a manager in advertising, promotions, or marketing, you can expect a 6-figure median annual salary of $135,900!*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Public Relations Specialists (viewed online July 29, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers (viewed online July 29, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Business and Public Relations Degree?
As you are deciding on where to pursue your MBA in public relations, you may be wondering what sets us apart from other schools.
Here are some of the reasons we believe Liberty stands out:
- Our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We strive for excellence in all that we do, including developing ethical and biblically sound professionals.
- This online public relations degree will provide you with diverse knowledge in strategic communication, media technology, and management skills so you can be prepared for a variety of roles.
- Our professors have real-world experience in business and marketing. They are committed to sharing their insight with you and mentoring you throughout your degree.
What Will You Learn in the Online Public Relations and Business Management Degree?
Through the online MBA in Public Relations, you will develop mastery of public relations functions in business communications for front-facing and marketing roles. You will gain competence in planning, creating, and implementing public relations solutions to meet client’s needs and engage the public.
Through the online MBA in Public Relations, you will learn how to:
- Create effective and appropriate messaging
- Develop tactical solutions to common communication challenges
- Engage in problem analysis
- Practice strategic planning
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management
- COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
- STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
Highlights of Our Online Master’s Degree in Public Relations
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com – and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in Public Relations degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our MBA degrees have achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Students can complete this online degree program in less than 2 years.
MBA in Public Relations Master’s Program Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for our Online MBA in Public Relations Graduate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for MBA in PR Graduates
As you’re considering a PR program, you may be wondering to yourself, “What can I do with a public relations degree?” There are a variety of employers looking for public relations majors who are knowledgeable in business, management, marketing, and communications.
This online program can prepare you for the following roles:
- Account executive
- Communications specialist
- Community relations coordinator
- Market research analyst
- Media coordinator
- Product manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Public relations specialist
- Sales executive
- Technical writer
Online MBA Program Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.