Explore New Opportunities at Home and Abroad with an Online MBA in International Business
These days trade barriers between nations fall, trade blocs form, and the world is becoming less economically isolated. Along with these changes comes the need for leaders in business who are able to capitalize on them. Liberty University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Business will provide the knowledge that can assist you as you provide an international competitive strategy to your multinational company.
Liberty University’s international business degree is designed to build on your foundational knowledge of business and equip you with insightful international best practices. You will have the opportunity to interact with various developing and global financial markets, as well as learn more about global competition and the present environment of international business. You will learn to develop plans for marketing internationally as well as how to evaluate your company’s supply chain management practices.
Our flexible, online format, will provide you with the opportunity to remain in your current position while improving your knowledge, experience, and résumé! Liberty University’s online MBA in International Business offers an unparalleled online community that emphasizes Christ-centered business practice, ethical decision making, and faculty mentorship.
Become Qualified to Pursue Your CGBP Certification
Liberty’s MBA in International Business online will help you prepare to sit for the CGBP examination. Our program provides you with courses that cover the basic skills included in the exam so you can pursue this certification.
The Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) is a valuable certification that can do the following:
- Confirms knowledge in international trade and assures that you are able to practice global business at the professional level
- Help you advance in your current career
- Open opportunities for new careers within the field of business
- Demonstrate your ability to professionally navigate a variety of business-related challenges
- Give employers confidence in your business acumen
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in International Business?
Our master’s in international business online is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). This accreditation ensures that your degree will be well respected. We are an industry leader in online international business MBA programs with courses taught by business professionals who have real-world, practical experience.
Through this international business administration program, you can develop the skills needed to influence the global economic environment. Gain the skills needed to interact with business professionals around the world. You will also learn to produce individual and departmental growth through effective leadership strategies.
Your increased marketability can open various opportunities in the global market. These are just a few of the opportunities available along with the median salary and job outlook over the next 10 years:
- International marketing manager – $132,620 Job outlook 8% (Faster than average)*
- International financial management – $127,990 Job outlook 16% (Much faster than average)**
- International transportation and shipping manager – $74,600 Job outlook 5% (As fast as average)***
- Financial analyst – $85,660 Job outlook 6% (As fast as average)****
Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or advance your career, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training needed to be successful. These opportunities will be provided to you through a flexible, online format with courses offered in convenient 8-week sessions.
Your individualized learning can be enhanced through the Policy and Strategy in Global Competition capstone course, which can be completed as an intensive on our Virginia campus. This course allows you to experience collaboration and teamwork in a final project designed to boost your marketability and overall confidence in the field.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s MBA in International Business Courses?
The master’s in business administration program is designed to help you develop the necessary skills for success in the business world. This program provides a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid moral, ethical, and value-driven approach to business. You will learn to combine modern practices and theories with a Christian worldview in a way that can help you succeed in the future.
Our master’s in international business courses integrate knowledge of the global environment with your courses that teach the fine details of managing and organizing a business. Explore the finances and development of global markets as you learn about the environment of international business. You will also gain awareness of current issues and strategies within the business world.
In order to compete successfully in the global economy, it is necessary to study the rapidly changing economic, political, technological, and cultural environments. To this end, you will learn how to determine the impact of political, economic, and legal forces on global business. Understanding international competitive strategy, workforce planning and development, and global operations and supply chain management are also key topics that you will study.
International Business Featured Courses
Our MBA in International Business Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online MBA Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for MBA International Business Graduates
Whether you are working stateside or are working overseas, an MBA in global business management can increase your marketability. Here are just a few of the career opportunities you can pursue:
- Cultural adviser
- Federal, state, and local government trade specialist
- Financial analyst
- Global manager
- International financial management
- International marketing manager
- International transportation and shipping manager
- Missions ministry worker
- Tour industry specialist/consultant
Highlights of Our MBA in International Business Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in International Business degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our MBA in International Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Become qualified to pursue your Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) certification.
- You can complete this international business MBA in as little as 2 years.
Admission Requirements for the MBA Program
Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA and 15 hours of upper-level undergraduate business courses for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admissions application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers, (viewed online April 10, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Financial Managers, (viewed online April 10, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
***Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Logisticians, (viewed online April 10, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
****Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Financial Analysts, (viewed online April 10, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.