Stand Out by Pursuing an MBA in HR Online
The business world is changing rapidly with new technology and new companies emerging every day. The human resources industry is no different and you need to learn the latest practices and skills to be able to stay competitive. A master’s in human resources management online degree can give you the edge to be a valuable asset to any company.
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Human Resources degree program is uniquely positioned to help prepare you for the corporate business world by enhancing your knowledge of organizational behavior, compensation management, workforce planning, and human resource development.
While pursuing our human resources master’s degree online, you will study contemporary issues within the human resource field. Additionally, you’ll learn skills that are mastered in a team environment, helping to equip you to become a successful business executive and a respected leader within your company.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Our MBA in Human Resources is a great option for future human resource (HR) managers. Human resource professionals are the gatekeepers of law and policy for their organization. The human resources area of study provides in-depth knowledge of legal issues in business that the HR manager must closely guard, such as employment law and performance management. Graduates can have a significant advantage over those seeking employment in the human resources field with only a bachelor’s degree.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Human Resource Managers (viewed online Feb. 1, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Resources?
Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore a new area within the business field, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training needed to be successful. These opportunities are provided to you through a flexible, online format and taught by professionals in the field of business.
Human resource professionals are needed in nearly every industry. The job growth rate is projected to increase by 9% over a 10 year period.* Our online HR master’s degree can help make you competitive for positions in human resources management, which can be a well-paying career field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, human resource managers had a median salary of $121,220 in 2020.*
Your online human resources degree is comprised of carefully developed courses that can challenge you to grasp new, exciting concepts directly applicable to the general human resources field. As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we have years of experience in developing online degree programs that blend academic excellence with convenience and affordability.
Become Qualified to Pursue an HR Certification
Liberty’s MBA in Human Resources online can help you prepare to sit for an examination offered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) examination offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). Our program seeks to provide you with courses that cover the basic skills included in these exams so you can pursue one of these certifications.
These valuable certifications can help you accomplish the following:
- Boost your chances of earning a promotion
- Demonstrate your ability to professionally navigate a variety of challenges in human resources
- Exhibit your ability to master competencies that are essential in the field of human resources
- Give employers confidence in your ability to effectively work with people and perform HR tasks
- Help you advance in your current career
- Open opportunities for new careers within the field of human resources
- Show your dedication to the HR profession
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Human Resources Managers, 2020 (viewed online Jan. 27, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Resources?
Our HR MBA online degree is an industry leader in human resources programs, taught by business professionals with real-world, practical experience. You can learn how to influence organizational change within human resources, while exploring current business policy and best practices, in order to identify and address a variety of organizational and human resources concerns.
Our MBA in human resources begins with a set of business core courses. In our business and HR degree online, you will study strategic marketing management, managerial finance, and legal issues in business. You will also study business research methods, accounting for decision making, international business, organizational design and structure, and the global economic environment.
From there, this master’s in HR online covers contemporary issues in human resource management, operations management, and strategy in global competition. Our MBA – human resource management degree will also guide you through workforce planning and employment, human resource development, and compensation management. In addition, this online HR master’s degree allows you to choose an elective course to round out your studies.
Your online human resources master’s degree program is marked by a practical look at theory and praxis in this field. You stand to benefit from the study of legal, ethical, and economic factors that impact human resources recruitment, selection, and placement. This online master’s in human resources can also help you learn how to conduct training and further the development of your employees so that they are more beneficial to your organization.
Additionally, you can explore the topic of strategic human resource management and how to develop a comprehensive human resources development plan that incorporates employee orientation, training, and career progression. These lessons complement your study of the best practices in business, allowing you to improve and maintain productivity and quality of work life.
- BUSI 530 – Managerial Finance
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning and Employment
- BUSI 644 – Human Resource Development
Human Resources Area of Study Featured Courses
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resources
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning & Employment
- BUSI 644 – Human Resource Development
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
Similar Online Degree Programs
Online Master’s Degree in Human Resources Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Human Resources Master’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with an MBA in Human Resources
Your master’s in human resources online degree can provide you with the analytical skills and industry knowledge you need to master the latest HR tools and software. You may be wondering, “What can I do with a master’s degree in HR?”. Your Liberty University MBA in HR can help equip you with the ability to pursue a variety of roles such as these:
- Compensation and benefits manager
- Development specialist
- HR consultant
- Labor relations
- Recruitment specialist
- Training and development manager
- Training specialist
Highlights of Liberty University’s Human Resources Master’s Program Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MBA in HR degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MBA in Human Resources degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete this online human resources master’s degree in as little as 2 years.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s MBA in Human Resources Online
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.