Stand Out by Pursuing an MBA in Human Resources
The business world is changing rapidly with new technology to new companies emerging every day. The human resources industry is no different and you need to learn the latest practices and skills to be able to stay competitive. A master’s in human resources management online degree can give you the edge to be a valuable asset to any company.
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Human Resources degree program is uniquely positioned to prepare you for the corporate business world by enhancing your knowledge in organizational behavior, compensation management, workforce planning, and human resource development. While pursuing our human resources master’s degree online, you will study contemporary issues within the human resource field. Additionally, you’ll learn skills that are mastered in a team environment, equipping you to become a successful business executive and a respected leader within your company.
Our MBA in Human Resources is a great option for future human resource (HR) managers. HR managers are the gatekeepers of law and policy for their organization. The human resources area of study will provide in-depth knowledge of legal issues in business that the HR manager must closely guard, such as employment law and performance management. Graduates will have a significant advantage over those seeking employment in the human resources field with only a bachelor’s degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in Human Resources?
Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore a new area within the business field, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training needed to be successful. These opportunities will be provided to you through a flexible, online format and taught by professionals in the field of business.
Human resource professionals are needed in nearly every industry. The job growth rate is faster than average at 7% over the next 10 years. Your online HR master’s degree can make you competitive for positions like human resources manager, which had a median salary of $113,300 in 2018.*
Your online coursework can be enhanced through the opportunity to have hands-on experience in your final capstone course, offered as an optional on-campus intensive, allowing you to experience collaboration and teamwork in your final project.
Become Qualified to Pursue an HR Certification
Liberty’s MBA in Human Resources online will help you prepare to sit for an examination offered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) examination offered by the Human Resource Management Institute (HRCI). Our program provides you with courses that cover the basic skills included in these exams so you can pursue one of these certifications.
These valuable certifications can do the following:
- Help you advance in your current career
- Open opportunities for new careers within the field of human resources
- Demonstrate your ability to professionally navigate a variety of challenges in human resources
- Show your dedication to the HR profession
- Exhibit your ability to master competencies that are essential in the field of human resources
- HR professionals with certification have up to a 29% greater chance of receiving a promotion.**
- Give employers confidence in your ability to effectively work with people and perform HR tasks
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Human Resources MBA Program?
Our HR MBA online degree is an industry leader in human resources programs, taught by business professionals with real-world, practical experience. You will learn how to influence organizational change within human resources, while exploring current business policy and best practices, in order to identify and address a variety of organizational and human resources concerns.
Your online human resources master’s degree program will take a practical look at combining theory and application in this field. You will also study the legal, ethical, and economic factors that affect human resources recruitment, selection, and placement. These classes will also help you learn how to conduct training and further the development of your employees so that they are more beneficial to your organization.
Additionally, you will explore the topic of strategic human resource management and how to develop a comprehensive human resources development plan that incorporates employee orientation, training, and career progression. These lessons will complement your study of the best practices in business, allowing you to improve and maintain productivity and quality of work life.
- BUSI 530 — Managerial Finance
- BUSI 610 — Organizational Design and Structure
- BUSI 643 — Workforce Planning and Employment
- BUSI 644 — Human Resource Development
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resources
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning & Employment
- BUSI 644 – Human Resource Development
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
Our MBA in Human Resources Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Human Resources Master’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an MBA in Human Resources
Your master’s in human resources online degree can provide you with the analytical skills and industry knowledge you need to master the latest HR tools and software. Your Liberty University MBA in HR will provide you with the ability to pursue a variety of roles such as these:
- Compensation and benefits manager
- Development specialist
- HR consultant
- Labor relations
- Recruitment specialist
- Training and development manager
- Training specialist
Highlights of Liberty University’s Human Resources Degree Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in HR degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MBA in Human Resources degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- You can complete this online human resources master’s degree in as little as 2 years.
Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed by the master’s-level degree work. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admissions application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Human Resources Managers, (visited January 27, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Payscale, Value of PHR and SPHR Certifications Infographic, (visited February 6, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.