Transform the Healthcare Industry with an MBA in Healthcare Management
Are you excited about the idea of empowering healthcare professionals to use their gifts as effectively as possible to care for their patients? You have sharp organization skills, an analytical mind, a heart for people, and a vision. A career in healthcare management may be for you. Liberty’s online MBA can make that happen.
What exactly is healthcare management?
It takes a lot of people and a lot of facilities to make the healthcare industry possible. Patients receive direct care in places like hospitals, physicians’ offices, and nursing homes. But that’s not all. Pharmaceutical companies develop and distribute drugs used to care for patients. Key research needed to better understand the human body, disease, and medicine is done in research facilities all over the world. And there are also health insurance companies and government agencies involved in the industry. All of these facilities need strong managers to keep them running. This is where healthcare management comes in.
Those in healthcare management do just that — manage healthcare facilities. These professionals need industry knowledge, an eye for detail, and a business mindset. They may run a specific department or the entire facility. They have to keep track of the facility’s finances, laws and regulations, work schedules, and service records. They plan the services of the facility and strategize and implement improvements in how the facility is run. There are so many positions open to a healthcare manager. But no matter what, a healthcare manager is the visionary, coordinator, and driver behind the facility.
Which is better – healthcare management or administration?
Are you trying to figure out if you should get an online MBA in healthcare administration or in healthcare management? There is a lot of confusion around the difference between these, and you may be wondering what the difference is and which is right for you.
In healthcare management, you will focus on the business side of healthcare. You will need to understand finance, operations, and decision-making. You will plan and organize the operations of the facility to maximize efficiency. Healthcare management at its core is about business operations at a broad level.
Healthcare administration, on the other hand, focuses specifically on staffing. To succeed in administration, you will need to understand the services your facility offers so that you can make strong hiring decisions. You will then plan and organize how to effectively use your staff. Healthcare administration focuses on the day-to-day operations with the staff.
The question of which is better depends on your skills and your desires. Both roles are critical to the success of a healthcare facility. Both have a strong career outlook. For this reason, one is not better than the other. But one may fit your goals better. And that means you’ll want to carefully consider what degree you earn.
What can I do with a healthcare management degree?
With a master’s degree in healthcare management, the opportunities are truly endless! You will be equipped to work in many different settings within the healthcare field. Many choose this MBA for hospital management careers. You can also work in physicians’ offices, pharmaceutical companies, research facilities, nursing homes, and more. You will also have a lot of room for growth in your career. You can move from an administrator position into manager, director, and even C-suite level positions!
How much can you make with a healthcare management degree?
Medical and health services managers make an average of $99,730, much higher than the national average. In addition, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects job growth for these professionals at 18%, much higher than other professions.* By choosing health management, you do not have to sacrifice job fulfillment for job security. You can make a real difference in people’s lives — while still providing for you and your family.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Medical and Health Services Managers: Summary (viewed online November 20, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in Healthcare Management?
You want more than a degree. You want an MBA program that will give you real-world training in healthcare. You want a program that will set you apart from other applicants. You want an industry leader in healthcare programs. At Liberty, we believe we have the best online MBA in healthcare management, and it can help you meet your goals.
Here are some of the reasons you should choose our MBA in Healthcare Management online:
- Our online MBA degree has achieved accreditation from ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Rest assured that you’re earning your degree from an institution that has met rigorous accreditation standards.
- Our program provides you with a balanced curriculum in business management and healthcare industry knowledge.
- Your professors have real-world experience, and they are excited to share that with you throughout your healthcare management courses.
- Our master’s degree in healthcare management is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, family, and community without taking courses on campus.
What Will You Learn in Our MBA in Healthcare Management Degree?
In our master’s degree in healthcare management, you will dive deep into your studies of both business practices and healthcare. With this background, you will be prepared to succeed in any healthcare management setting.
The core of our MBA programs is our quality business courses. This curriculum gives you a broad yet thorough overview of the many facets of business and how they interact with each other. This knowledge is critical for any business manager so that you can effectively manage the many departments in your organization and how they work together.
The same finance, operations, marketing, and human resources skills needed for all businesses are also needed to make healthcare organizations successful. With our program, you will have the practical business savvy you need to keep your healthcare facility running smoothly.
In addition to studying business fundamentals, you will also gain familiarity with issues specific to the healthcare industry.
You will learn:
- Issues and strategies for human resource management in the healthcare industry
- Principles for management specific to the healthcare industry
- The essentials of healthcare informatics, including information, resources, and technologies in healthcare
- The legal and ethical issues faced by today’s health professionals
Online Healthcare MBA Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty’s search portal while pursuing your MBA in Healthcare Management.
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in Healthcare Management from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- An MBA in Healthcare Management will prepare you for a variety of high-paying, exciting, and fulfilling careers in a rapidly growing field.
- You can complete this MBA in Healthcare Management online program in as little as 2 years!
MBA in Healthcare Management Degree Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Healthcare Management Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Careers with an MBA in Healthcare Administration
With an MBA in healthcare management, your future is truly in your hands. There are a variety of settings where you can use your skills to make a difference, including:
- Consulting firms
- Nursing homes and residential facilities
- Office management
- Pharmaceutical organizations
- Physicians’ offices
- Public health departments
- Universities and research institutions
Within all these different types of organizations, there are many positions available. Some common job titles for healthcare managers include:
- Ambulatory healthcare manager
- Clinic director
- Director of emergency facility
- Health informatics officer
- Healthcare consultant
- Healthcare human resources manager
- Healthcare professor/researcher
- Medical executive assistant
- Medical records manager
- Project manager
- Public health professional
- Quality manager
- Social and community service manager
This is only a small sample of the opportunities available to you in healthcare management. No matter what setting in healthcare you decide on, you will find a position that is right for you and that provides plenty of room for growth. You can feel confident you will find a stable and rewarding career while making a difference in the world!
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
Applicants to our online MBA programs must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.