Focus on the Big Picture Financially with Liberty’s Online MBA in Economics Degree
Whether you are looking at the global market or focusing on your firm’s operations, Liberty University’s MBA in Economics can help you understand the complexity of market forces. Our 100% online economics degree seeks to attract people like you who understand the importance of international fluctuations in the overall economic and monetary policies of banks and companies.
Throughout our MBA program, you will study both traditional micro and macro policies as well as how our trade policies are affected by national and international economic trends. This program will provide you with an understanding of the economic concepts necessary for sound business decision-making. Additionally, you’ll study the relationship economics has to the biblical worldview and how to best integrate biblical ethics with present-day business and economics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MBA in Economics?
Our MBA in Economics online degree develops business professionals who can serve as analysts and economists in a wide variety of fields. Our program is offered 100% online, so you won’t need to relocate or take time off from work to visit our campus to complete your coursework.
Understanding the core aspects of business is essential to your future success, and Liberty’s master’s in business administration online program will provide you with the essential training you need to open doors to a variety of career opportunities worldwide! Each core business class in our online MBA is designed to prepare you for the specialized training you will gain when you choose an area of study. Specializations allow you to concentrate on one aspect of the business world, providing you with a focused degree that aligns with your passions.
In addition to affordability and flexibility, our online master’s in business degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a program-specific accreditation beyond what is required by the Department of Education. This endorsement affirms the value and credibility of your degree. With a Master of Business Administration, you can stand out among other business professionals in the corporate world!
What Will You Learn in our Master’s in Business Administration?
Our MBA in Economics explores traditional macro theory, national and international economic fluctuations, monetary policies, and the effects of the national debt, budget deficits, and banking. Throughout your economics classes, you will look at how firms operate, the functions of supply and demand, and various types of competition while exploring micro theory.
In our MBA in Economics degree program, you will learn how to employ the latest technologies and theories in the field. Recent advances in technology have made the world grow smaller, so you will be equipped to interpret the effects of world events on both global and local economies. Your professors are experienced business professionals who are ready to impart the lessons they have learned from years in the business field.
- BUSI 620 – Global Economic Environment
- BUSI 683 – Money and Capital Markets
- ECON 613 – Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 620 – Econometrics
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resources
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning & Employment
- BUSI 644 – Human Resource Development
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
Our Online MBA in Economics Degree Information
- This program falls under our School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates throughout the year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an MBA Degree in Economics
Graduates of our MBA in Economics degree program will have the opportunity to pursue careers in many areas, including:
- Bank economist
- Consulting economist
- Economics planner
- Government economist
- Sales analyst
MBA in Economics Online Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in Economics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MBA in Economics online in less than 2 years.
- You will learn the impacts of international trade, factors of production, and market efficiency.
- You will gain experience using leading statistical analysis software.
Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed by the master’s-level degree work. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admissions application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.