Focus on the Big Picture Financially with Liberty’s Online MBA in Economics Degree
If you are interested in furthering your career and learning about the global market, Liberty’s MBA in Economics can help you do just that. Our 100% online economics degree is designed for people like you who understand the importance of international fluctuations in the overall economic and monetary policies of banks and companies.
Throughout our MBA program, you will study traditional micro and macro policies as well as how trade policies are affected by national and international economic trends. This program can help provide you with an understanding of the economic concepts necessary for sound business decision-making. Additionally, you’ll study the relationship between economics and a biblical worldview while integrating ethics with present-day business and economics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MBA in Economics?
Our MBA in Economics online degree seeks to develop business professionals who can serve as analysts and economists in a wide variety of fields. Our program is offered 100% online, so you won’t need to relocate or take time off from work to visit our campus.
Understanding the core aspects of business is essential to your future success, and Liberty’s master’s in business administration online program can help provide you with top-notch training that is important to succeed in a variety of roles. Each core business class in our online MBA is designed to prepare you with a wide breadth of business knowledge that you can apply in a variety of business environments.
Specializations allow you to concentrate on one aspect of the business world, providing you with a focused degree that aligns with your passions. As an MBA student, the economics training that you receive in this program is world-class. Each core business class in our online MBA is designed to prepare you for the specialized training you will gain when you choose an area of study.
In addition to offering affordability and flexibility, our online master’s in business degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). With a Master of Business Administration from Liberty University, you can stand out among other business professionals in the corporate world.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the salary of an MBA graduate?
The median salary for economists for 2020 was $108,350.* Your economic training in tandem with your broader business knowledge from your MBA can set you apart from the competition. With an economics background, you may have specialized opportunities with higher salaries.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Economists (viewed online January 17, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What jobs can I pursue with an MBA degree?
There are many jobs you can pursue with an MBA degree. Whether you want to be an economics planner or use your knowledge of markets and the macroeconomy to be a business developer, our online MBA degree can help prepare you for the next step in your career. Some jobs that you can pursue include economic analyst, chief financial officer, business development specialist, and business consultant.
What is the difference between a master’s in economics online and an MBA in Economics?
An MS in Economics typically focuses just on economics, econometrics, macro- and micro-economic theory and does not have the courses that an MBA has. Our MBA in Economics provides both the praxis of economics courses and the business courses of an MBA so that you can apply the economics concepts you learn in the classroom to real-world problems.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Business Administration?
Our MBA in Economics explores traditional macroeconomic theory, national and international economic fluctuations, monetary policies, and the effects of the national debt, budget deficits, and banking. Throughout your economics classes, you will look at how firms operate, the functions of supply and demand, and various types of competition while exploring microeconomic theory.
In our MBA in economics degree program, you will also study how to employ the latest technologies and theories in the field. Our Master of Business Administration can make your already valuable contributions to a company or organization suited for global applications as you pursue positions of added responsibility.
- BUSI 620 – Global Economic Environment
- BUSI 683 – Money and Capital Markets
- ECON 613 – Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 630 – International Economics
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resources
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning & Employment
- BUSI 644 – Human Resource Development
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
Our Online MBA in Economics Degree Information
- This program falls under our School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities with an MBA Degree in Economics
The careers that you can pursue with a master’s in business and economics are countless. With an understanding of markets and how they impact the business world, you can prepare to enter a bountiful job market. By pursuing our MBA in Economics degree program, you can have the opportunity to pursue a variety of roles, including:
- Bank economist
- Consulting economist
- Economics planner
- Government economist
- Sales analyst
*Requires actuarial exams and VEE credits
MBA in Economics Online Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online MBA in Economics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete your MBA in economics online in as little as 2 years.
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You will study the impacts of international trade, factors of production, and market efficiency.
- You can gain experience using leading statistical analysis software.
MBA in Economics Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.