Continue Pursuing Your Passion for Sports Management by Earning a Master’s Degree in Sports Marketing and Media!
Have you ever wanted to work for an athletic organization or professional sports team? Liberty University’s online Sports Marketing and Media degree will set you on the path to success by developing your professional skills, nurturing your business skills, and cultivating your passion for sports! With courses in Sports Marketing and Public Relations and Sport Development and Sales, you will build a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation are integrated into the everyday operations of sports businesses. The Sports Marketing degree will allow you to build the foundational knowledge and skills needed to promote sports businesses through marketing and public relations.
We have created our Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media degree with your success in mind. The Sports Marketing and Media degree was created to provide a strong foundational knowledge of the skills necessary to develop your understanding of the specific types of marketing and media in the world of athletics. Designed to be completed in less than two years, our program will allow you to continue to work while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional!
Why Choose Liberty’s Sports Marketing and Media Program?
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to live out your passion for sports as well as develop your marketing skills? Liberty University’s Sports Marketing and Media degree program has been designed to help integrate your faith into your professional life. We strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. Whether you are currently working in the field of athletics or looking to start a new career, our online Master of Science in Sports Marketing and Media will make you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in the Sports Marketing and Media Program?
This exciting sports degree program is designed to give you a background in marketing, media, and business as you work towards your goal of a career in the field of Sports Marketing and Media. The combination of courses in this degree program will provide you with a well-rounded education. These Sports Marketing and Media classes include public relations courses and classes that teach you the business aspects of marketing in sales and development.
The Sports Marketing and Media program strives to provide a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid moral, ethical, and value-driven approach to Marketing and Media. You will learn to combine modern practices and theories with a Christian worldview in a way that will help you succeed in the future.
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee wishing to pursue a degree in Sports Marketing and Media online? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Marketing and Media
Sports marketing professionals can work in a variety of athletic organizations, with sports teams and in schools. Potential careers paths may include:
- Sports Marketing Manager
- Sports Marketing Writer
- Media Coordinator
- Sports Marketing Graphic Designer
- Sports Marketing Project Management Specialist
- Marketing Communication Consultant
Sports Marketing and Media Degree Information and Requirements
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Highlights of the Online Sports Marketing and Media Degree
- By earning your Sports Marketing and Media degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The Master of Science in Sports Marketing and Media degree is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the Sports Marketing and Media field from across the country.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your Sports Marketing and Media degree.