Take Your Love of Athletics to the Next Level with a Sports Marketing Master’s Program
Have you ever wanted to work for an athletic organization or professional sports team? Liberty University’s Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media degree can set you on the path to success. Through this program, you can develop your professional skills, nurture your business intuition, and cultivate your passion for sports.
The courses in this program cover topics like sport marketing, public relations, and sport development and sales. You can build a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation are integrated into the everyday operations of sports businesses. Liberty’s sports marketing degree can allow you to gain the knowledge and skills needed to promote sports businesses effectively.
We have created our Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media degree with your success in mind. The sports marketing track is designed to provide you with industry best practices for the specific types of marketing and media relevant to the world of athletics.
Is sports marketing a good career?
Whether or not sports marketing is a good career for you will depend on your interests and goals. To decide if sports marketing grad school is the right path for you, answer these questions:
- Are you passionate about athletics?
- Do you enjoy writing, promotion, managing, and interacting with the public and clients?
- Are you interested in a fast-paced and diverse career?
- Do you want a high earning potential?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then a sports marketing and media program is for you! This program can help you pursue your interests in a career that is likely to yield a high salary.
What are the benefits of pursuing a master’s in marketing with Liberty University?
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can rest assured that your degree is upheld by high standards that are recognizable by employers.
- Our sports marketing degree is available 100% online. You can continue to dedicate time to your work and family while completing your degree.
- Our professors are experienced professionals in marketing, sports advertising, and media management. They are excited to share their expertise while you’re earning your degree.
- The mission at Liberty University is Training Champions for Christ. Each of your courses is taught from a biblical perspective to help you become a leader of integrity in your field.
Do you need a master’s degree in marketing?
Whether or not you need a master’s in marketing will depend on your career goals. Some professionals have fulfilling marketing careers without a master’s degree, but for many, that’s not the case.
Here are some reasons you may need a master’s degree in marketing:
- Your undergraduate major is in an unrelated field.
- Your company requires an advanced degree in order to promote you or give you a raise.
- You want to look for different job opportunities or leadership positions.
- You want to increase your knowledge in your field.
- You would like to have a higher earning potential.
What can you do with a master’s degree in marketing?
A master’s degree in marketing can set you up for a variety of jobs that require advertisement to promote a specific product or service. This could include positions like:
- Communications director
- Content writer
- Social media manager
With Liberty’s sports management and media degree, you could qualify for positions that are directly linked to the sports industry.
Can you major in sports marketing?
Yes – you can absolutely major in sports marketing. At Liberty, we offer an M.S. in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media. This program can prepare you for any role you wish to pursue within the field of sports marketing. So if you love promoting products, services, or even people, and you’re passionate about athletics, this program is for you.
How much money can you make in sports marketing?
On average, professionals working in marketing make a fairly high salary. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly salary for marketing managers is $141,490.* Additionally, this career field is projected to grow 6% over the next 10 years – faster than average.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers (viewed online June 24, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Sports Marketing Master’s Degree?
Liberty University’s M.S. in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media degree program can help you integrate biblical principles into your professional life. Whether you are currently working in the field of athletics or looking to start a new career, our online master’s in sports marketing and media can help you stand out as an ethical, value-driven professional of integrity.
Our goal is to support you as both a student and professional. Pursuing your master’s shouldn’t mean putting your life on hold, and with our 100% online format, it doesn’t. You can complete this degree in just 1.5 years – allowing you to continue doing what’s important to you while earning your degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Sports Marketing Degree?
This exciting sports marketing degree is designed to give you a background in marketing, media, and business that you can easily apply to your career. The combination of courses in this degree program will provide you with a well-rounded education. You will complete courses in public relations and the business aspects of marketing, sales, and development.
The sports marketing and media concentration provides a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid ethical and value-driven approach to marketing and media. By the end of the program, you can graduate knowing how to combine modern practices and theories with a Christian worldview in a way that will help you succeed in your career.
- MRKT 670 – Brand Management
- SMGT 502 – Sport Marketing and Public Relations
- SMGT 506 – Economics and Financial Management of Sport
- SMGT 632 – Sport Development and Sales
Admission Requirements for the M.S. in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Military Benefits for Our Sports Marketing Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers for Graduates of Our Sports Marketing Master’s Degree Program
As a graduate of this program, you could work in a variety of professional sports organizations, with sports teams, or in schools.
Potential career paths in the sports industry may include:
- Athletic director
- Marketing communication consultant
- Social media manager
- Sports event coordinator
- Sports marketing writer, editor, or director
Sports Marketing Graduate Program Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Highlights of Our Sports Marketing Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the sports marketing field from across the country.
You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s research portal while you pursue your M.S. in Marketing.