Continue Pursuing Your Passion for Sports Management by Earning a Master’s Degree in Sports Marketing and Media!
Have you ever wanted to work for an athletic organization or professional sports team? Liberty University’s online sports marketing and media degree will set you on a path to success by developing your professional skills, nurturing your business intuition, and cultivating your passion for sports.
With courses in Sport Marketing and Public Relations and Sport Development and Sales, you will build a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation are integrated into the everyday operations of sports businesses. Liberty’s sports marketing degree can allow you to gain the knowledge and skills needed to promote sports businesses effectively.
We have created our Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media degree with your success in mind. The sports marketing track is designed to provide you with industry best practices for the specific types of marketing and media relevant to the world of athletics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Sports Marketing and Media Program?
Liberty University’s M.S. in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media degree program can help you to integrate biblical principles into your professional life. Whether you are currently working in the field of athletics or looking to start a new career, our online Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media can help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional. Pursuing your master’s shouldn’t mean putting your life on hold. You can complete this degree in less than two years — allowing you to continue doing what’s important to you while earning your degree.
What Will You Learn in the Sports Marketing and Media Program?
This exciting sports marketing degree is designed to give you a background in marketing, media, and business that you can readily apply to your career. The combination of courses in this degree program will provide you with a well-rounded education, with courses in public relations and business aspects of marketing in sales and development.
The sports marketing and media concentration provides a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid ethical and value-driven approach to marketing and media. By the end of the program, you will have learned how to combine modern practices and theories with a Christian worldview in a way that will help you succeed in your career.
- SMGT 502 – Sport Marketing and Public Relations
- SMGT 506 – Economics and Financial Management of Sport
- SMGT 632 – Sport Development and Sales
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Marketing – Sports Marketing and Media
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Marketing and Media
Sports marketing professionals can work in a variety of athletic organizations, with sports teams, and in schools.
Potential career paths may include:
- Marketing communication consultant
- Media coordinator
- Sports marketing manager
- Sports marketing project management specialist
- Sports marketing writer
Sports Marketing and Media Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Highlights of the Online Sports Marketing and Media Degree
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the sports marketing field from across the country.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your M.S. in Marketing degree.