Bring Your Business and Customers Together with a Master’s in Marketing – Social Media Management
With over 2.4 billion active users worldwide every month on Facebook alone, social media is leading the way in today’s digital age.* A company that doesn’t have a solid social media marketing plan is missing out on a huge audience. Liberty University’s Master of Science in Marketing – Social Media Management can help you gain a broad skill set for engaging customers and building a stronger customer relationship.
Learn how to meet your customer on a platform that speaks to them. Through this degree in digital marketing, you can learn about planning social media campaigns with a unified marketing focus. Communication strategies in social media, along with marketing knowledge, will provide you with the skills needed to reach your audience through social networks.
What is social media management?
A social media manager helps a brand or business improve its social media presence in order to connect with consumers and build an online reputation. Responsibilities for this high-level position include leading social media marketing campaigns and creating content to post on various social media platforms. A social media manager may also develop marketing strategies, serve as an online customer service representative, analyze consumer behavior, and conduct marketing research.
Social media managers need to be creative and possess skills in writing, analysis, leadership, design, and digital media use. And with Liberty’s online media management master’s degree, you can gain the tools you need to take the next step in your career and become a leader in the field of social media and communications.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Science in Marketing – Social Media Management Degree Program?
Choosing where to pursue your master’s degree is an important decision, and it’s more than simply selecting a school and a program. You want a program that will allow you to be confident and qualified upon graduation. We have designed our M.S. in Marketing – Social Media Management to prepare you with the top skills needed in this field such as product management, strategic planning, and customer relationship management.
Furthermore, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This accreditation is well-known and respected. So you can be confident that your curriculum will be challenging and rewarding – in your personal and your professional life.
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985 and a Christian university recognized for its academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty combines academic excellence with a biblical worldview. And since we know you have a family, job, and obligations to your church and community, our master’s in marketing – social media management is offered in a flexible, 100% online, 8-week course format.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Marketing – Social Media Management Online Degree?
With a master’s in marketing, you can develop a working knowledge of the analytical and decision-making processes involved in formulating, implementing, and controlling a strategic marketing program for a product market entry. Our social media management program combines the 3 key areas of business, marketing, and communications, which are fundamental in being an effective social media manager.
You will gain a solid foundation of the theory, design, and application of promotion techniques as well. Courses offered in this program can provide you with a knowledge of consumer decision making and the concepts and theories that are used to evaluate and predict consumer behavior and relevant outcomes. You will also take courses that will give you an understanding of the ethical and legal issues that you might encounter in the marketing field.
Here are some of the things you’ll be able to do after successful completion of our program:
- Build an integrated marketing communication campaign for the promotion of products and services.
- Build sustainable brands, develop brand equity, and plan out brand management strategies.
- Create and use disruptive video-intensive social- and mobile-integrated marketing strategies.
- Use social media platforms to build a competitive advantage involving extensive integration and application of social media technologies.
- MRKT 600 – Applied Market Research
- MRKT 670 – Brand Management
- STCO 546 – Effective Media Analysis
- STCO 648 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
Highlights of Our Master’s in Marketing Social Media Management
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your marketing and social media management master’s degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Courses can give you an in-depth understanding of the principles and practices needed to succeed in a variety of digital marketing and advertising careers.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While other online colleges and universities have increased their tuition rates, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university, allowing you the opportunity to earn a master’s degree at an affordable rate.
- Complete hands-on projects and build a portfolio that will impress employers and improve your chances of achieving full-time employment in a job you’ll love.
- You can complete the Master of Science in Marketing – Social Media Management in less than 2 years.
Master of Science in Marketing – Social Media Management Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- Find descriptions of your courses by viewing our Graduate Business Course Guides and Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for M.S. in Marketing – Social Media Management Online Graduates
- Community relations manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Media coordinator
- Public relations manager
- Social media manager
Admission Requirements for the M.S. in Marketing – Social Media Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Dustin Stout, at Social Media Statistics 2020: Top Networks By the Numbers (viewed online May 14, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term conditions and do not guarantee actual future growth.