Build Your Company’s Brand with a Project Management and Marketing Degree
Are you a marketing professional looking to advance to a managerial role? If so, Liberty’s online Master of Science in Marketing – Project Management degree can equip you to excel as a strategic communication expert in corporate, nonprofit, and small business settings.
This program teaches innovative techniques for leading marketing campaigns and building brand awareness among target audiences. You’ll learn how to oversee projects from start to finish and develop creative solutions to advertising challenges. Ultimately, you’ll gain the tools you need to become an outstanding leader — one who fosters a positive work environment and inspires your colleagues to fulfill your company’s mission.
Partner with us and prepare to lead in your industry as a digital marketing and advertising expert.
What is project management in marketing?
Project managers play a vital role in marketing campaigns. They oversee projects from start to finish, equip team members to carry out tasks properly and efficiently, and bring together all of the smaller pieces to develop a marketing campaign that’s creative, targeted, and effective. Strong advertising campaigns are vital to a company’s success — and experienced project managers can ensure these campaigns are executed effectively and efficiently.
What is a master’s in marketing management degree?
Liberty’s M.S. in Marketing – Project Management degree will equip you with the theoretical and practical knowledge you need to work in managerial marketing roles. With the skills you will gain in this program, you can work your way up from being a project manager to overseeing an organization’s entire marketing department.
Should I get an MBA or a master’s in marketing?
An MBA and a Master of Science are both valuable degrees that can help you take the next step in your career. But which degree is best for marketing professionals?
MBA programs cover a wide range of business topics, while our online M.S. in Marketing will equip you specifically for roles in marketing and communications. In other words, an MBA is a broader degree that teaches fundamental business skills. In contrast, an M.S. in Marketing provides more targeted, specialized training in strategic communication methods.
If you want to develop your marketing skills as well as gain advanced business knowledge, you may want to consider Liberty’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing. Or, if you want to focus primarily on marketing and advertising, our M.S. in Marketing may be right for you.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Digital Marketing Master’s Program?
This degree is designed to teach skills in project management for marketing professionals. To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we’ll equip you with practical knowledge, a diverse skill set, and the ability to live out biblical principles in the world of business. We can help you achieve your goals — whether you’re looking to earn a terminal degree, advance to higher-level roles in your field, or launch a new career altogether.
In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of experience working in business and marketing. They are ready to come alongside you as you take this important next step in your education journey. Our faculty are eager to help you thrive professionally, academically, and spiritually. If you want to study under industry experts with real-world expertise, then Liberty is for you!
We’re committed to providing an education that fits your schedule. That’s why this program is offered 100% online. Additionally, the classes have no set login times. With this flexible format, you can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you!
Become Qualified to Pursue Your Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification
This master’s program will help you prepare to sit for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) examination. Earn your degree at Liberty and gain a firm grasp on the skills and knowledge included on the exam.
The CAPM certification is a valuable credential conferred through the Project Management Institute (PMI). It can do the following:
- Demonstrate your ability to professionally navigate a variety of challenges in project management
- Equip you for new career paths within the field of marketing management
- Give employers confidence in your ability to effectively manage projects and teams
- Help you advance in your current career
What Will You Learn in Our M.S. in Marketing – Project Management Courses?
In this program, you’ll dive into foundational marketing topics, including brand management, supply chain management, marketing analytics, and promotions. You’ll also learn how to conduct market research and analyze customer behavior so you can develop marketing campaigns that reach target audiences. Our professors will equip you to make business decisions that are morally and financially sound, as well as evaluate the ethical and legal issues facing today’s marketing managers.
Develop the leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills you need to succeed as a marketing project manager. Our courses explore how to develop marketing strategies that align with your organization’s mission and values. You will also learn how to manage various project resources, including time, money, and human capital. With this knowledge, you can help boost your company’s sales, establish client trust, and build brand awareness among consumers using effective marketing techniques.
Learn how to promote your organization’s products and services. Liberty’s project management cognate will train you to assess risks and costs, set and meet project deadlines, and provide the support your employees need to accomplish tasks efficiently.
Join us and prepare to help businesses of all sizes gain a competitive advantage in the local, national, and international market.
Highlights of Studying Marketing and Project Management at Liberty University
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s in marketing degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- You can complete this Master of Science in Marketing program in under 2 years!
- Our online classes are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- This program can equip you to earn your CAPM credential, which is a valuable marketing project management certification that can help you stand out from other job candidates.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- Network with marketing students, faculty, and professionals from across the country while completing your marketing management project degree.
Marketing Master’s Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s master’s in marketing management.
- View our Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the M.S. in Marketing Management Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Marketing?
Earning your master’s in marketing can help you pursue new job opportunities, advance in your current field, or earn a higher salary. In particular, you’ll be equipped to fill managerial positions within your company.
Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Administrative services manager
- Advertising manager
- Marketing manager
- Postsecondary education administrator
- Promotions manager
- Public relations manager
- Sales manager
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Project Management in Marketing Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.